Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • I had a vasectomy yesterday (advice needed)
  • theotherjonv

and tbh it’s been a bit of a let down.

Mild discomfort during injections / procedure but nothing I’d describe as painful. Today, I’ve got a mild nagging ache low down in the abdomen which I’d describe as a bit like when your bladder’s over full – again a mild ache but nothing a decent wee wouldn’t sort out. The incision seems to be drying up and starting to scab over nicely. No bruising to speak of – everything seems TOO good.

Yet the nurses told me no physical activity for a week, no lifting for a week, no riding for at least 2 weeks and ideally 4…….

Is there more to come or have I got away lightly?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Its a load of bollo…
    Mine went fine, apart from the lack of anesthetic during the opp that was soon overcome with a quick douse.
    Rode the bike down the pub the next day, no probs, but I really wouldn’t do anything to serious for a week or two.
    The worst bit was the taping of the meat to the belly, not nice, but I’m glad he done it 😉

nickc

Sounds ’bout the same as mine

surfer
    Free Member

I was up and running within 3 days, 10 miles actually. Storm in a teacup.

falkirk-mark

If its a bit of a letdown could you not get a good mate to give you a good kick in the nads or pick a fight with the asian on the other thread and hope he boots you in the aforementioned. 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Yet the nurses told me no physical activity for a week

really ?? I rode my bike to work the next day 🙂

wwaswas

“advice needed”

is it too late to say “don’t” 😉

ignore sfb he’s not the same as the rest of us – he can ride home carrying his right leg under one arm following a crash but has to drop the leg to put his fingers in his ears if a fire engine goes past.

the bruisign will become quite spectacular over the next few days, btw.

hora
    Free Member

How old are you guys when you had it done? My mate had his in his late 20’s (had two children already)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Do your balls hang low
    Can you swing them to and fro
    Can you tie them in a knot
    Can you tie them in a bow
    Do you get a funny feeling
    When your bollocks hit the ceiling

if not then you are probably okay

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the bruisign will become quite spectacular over the next few days, btw.

perhaps it depends on the surgeon ? I don’t recall any bruising, just itching.

snakebite
    Free Member

my plums went purple, but no real pain or owt, just a bit of discomfort. Take it as easy as you can…..these ‘real men’ who ride bikes and shag their wives an hour after the op are bullshitters . 😯

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

these ‘real men’ who ride bikes and shag their wives an hour after the op are bullshitters .

it was the next day, 14 hours after op 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

sfb – but I shagged her while you were still being operated on 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but I shagged her while you were still being operated on

in the waiting room ?

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Wait for the bruising to come through, awesome & makes the SO feel guilty 🙂

TBH I used it as a good excuse to sit on the sofa for a weekend & watch the 6 Nations

Jenga
    Free Member

Did a 25 mile fell race 3 days after my op. Came third, would have won it normally!

theotherjonv

you are all hard men.
    Which is the least of my intentions today, thanks very much.

SFB; 14 hours after the op. 😯 -eeuw!
    I was still bleeding at that point!

headfirst
    Free Member

the other side of the story:

I got done on a friday afternoon, and later that evening, due to lack of pain and an over-whelming curiosity/panic of losing my ‘abilities’, I ‘checked everything was still functioning ok’ if you get my meaning 😳 The rest of the weekend i took it fairly easy although i undertook some light gardening (no, thats not a euphemism). By Tuesday I couldn’t walk across a room due to the excruciating pain: off to the doctors, diagnosis infected bollocks. Anti-biotics and two more days in bed, feeling nauseous with the pain; imagine someone kicking you in the nuts every 20 seconds. Not good.

So don’t do anything rash!

whytetrash

Take it very steady…I googled loads before going for mine and saw some right horror stories…it will hurt a bit more soon when bruising comes out and the itching is a pain. stiches got a bit infected but squeezed pus out (sorry it’s lunchtime) and was ok, I ran a bit after 5/6 days biked after 8 and had no issues…bedroom action a lot sooner!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I had mine and it was no worse or elongated that having a tooth pulled – fine after a couple of hrs.

A mate however was very unlucky as his stitches got septic and really knocked him about, to add insult to injury his test was inconclusive, after a second test found to be still firing live swimmers – had to have it done again

MoreCashThanDash

24 hours isn’t that long for bruising to show up, tbh.

I was lucky and had no real pain/bruising etc – thought it was great!

After a couple of days I/we tested things to make sure everything still worked OK – knocked the scab off.

It refused to heal up properly for another 3 weeks after that.

I’d certainly give it two weeks before riding – the complications from misjudging it can be very unpleasant, especially if anything gets infected.

gator
    Free Member

Here is a story of pain and suffering

Had mine done about 16 / 17 years ago

Not enough anesthetic – so it was hurting a bit – right side
    Thought it’s only 10 minutes I can stand this.

I had a student in with the doctor – so doctor took his time and explained everything to the student.

After half an hour of pain – spoke up and said I’ve been able to feel everything.

They gave me another jab and said they’d do the left side.

Left sdie no problem 10 mins didn’t feel a thing.

Back to the right – very tender – another jab

Doctor goes to make the opening a bit bigger – cuts the students hand …..

I’m in a lot of pain – feeling a bit crap

They tilt the table back and stick some oxygen on my nose – while they sort themselves out.

Back to the right side – start to tilt the table level – the pipe with the oxygen has got stuck and is pulling my nose off – I have the shout and get their attention.

Back to normal – lots more injections – they carry on – don’t feel much – slight pulling sensation.

Nurse chats to me – tell her where I work – she says do you know XXX – I say yes – she than tells me about having sex in the back of XXX’s car

He’s my boss !!!!

Anyway back home left side feels ok – right side bruising to below my knee and up to my last rib.

Hurts for a few days

I kept getting twinges in right side – go to doctors – he say’s sounds like the cut / nip / tuck has trapped a nerve – need to go back and sort it.

It’s now 2009 and still get an odd twinge – I never went back

You lucky – lucky b@st@rds

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

2nd test !!!! It took me about 6 & about 10 months & yes I was working at it as hard as possible (so was the misses :-)) …for gods sake dont let her come off the pill etc yet or its back to rubber mac’s bloody horrible things

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘I had a vasectomy yesterday (advice needed)’ is closed to new replies.