Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • I had a few sherries….well…
  • ciderinsport
    Free Member

…ciders 😆

and I am out on the bike in the morning 😯

Anyone else in the same predicament??

BenjiM

Aye last night it was ale and whiskey and set of at 9 this morning and did 28 miles around gorple hebden and todmorden. Great fun!

Moonhead
    Free Member

Maybe a worse predicament, got a cold, trying to kill it with a couple of wife beaters, got a first date at 12.

She has already told me she is on a bender tonight.

Me thinks it will be a messy fail.

Kevevs
    Free Member

you are a bad person.

crikey
    Free Member

Moonhead, 12 year olds used to be easy dates, ice cream, go on the swings, back to hers for beans on toast. Mind you, I was 12 too.

Nowadays things are a bit trickier…

ciderinsport
    Free Member

One more of these wont hurt eh?

DSCF1181 by ciderinsport, on Flickr

😆

Moonhead
    Free Member

God I hope she isn’t 12! Never know with this tinternet dating tho.

crikey
    Free Member

Don’t tell her you like Coldplay..

Moonhead
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up crikey!

thehood
    Free Member

don’t trust internet dating. i did it once and ended up married “WIN/FAIL*.

Stu_N

I am a victim of those terribly clever New Zealand chaps who can turn Pinot Noir into a delightfully quaffable 14.5% libation. Which led us onto finishing the Corbieres left over from last night, and maybe a dram for digestion/ morale.

Ahem.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Trying to avoid a repeat of last night’s wine drinking followed by this morning’s failure to get out of bed in time to meet friends for a ride. Am meant to be riding on Conwy mountain tomorrow and it’s even going to be sunny 🙂

Mind you, I’m sure just a small drink won’t hurt …

Moonhead
    Free Member

Getting back on topic, a ride is a great hangover cure.

*EDIT* Bike ride

ciderinsport
    Free Member

So, a wine night cap, maybe with a little cheese…. I think I have a corbieres kicking around…. and a little roqufort 😆 yummy

Stu_N

the only way you feel better after a ride than you do at the start

Old Pultney….big and clever in a bottle?

Kevevs
    Free Member

like your honesty Sue. Cheese!

elgolfo

Similar for me also. On Friday morning I was determined to ride the Mary Townley Loop on Saturday – early start so I didn’t jeopardise my pass out. Then someone kept refilling my wine glass all night so woke up late with massive hangover. Only managed to fit in the southern section from Rossendale to Toddy & then cut back. Rode in a cloud the whole way – miserable!

Sue_W
    Free Member

Ciderinsport – damn you for mentioning wine AND cheese … my willpower has now crumpled.

Hi Kev! Did you make it out onto the hills today?

Kevevs
    Free Member

err no. totally forgot. and now on the cheese and cider. was a bit windy and misty up there apparently.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Found a nice brie de meaux too in the fridge – needs to warm a bit before I eat it!

Hey ho… more corbieres hey!!

Tomorrow may be a struggle – till the pub stop!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

‘several’ bottles of Weston’s premium organic down and just finished watching Chemicals on BBC3 at glasto. Not riding til 11 tomorrow though. I’ll live.

Moonhead
    Free Member

I like your style ciderinsport, a good cheese in the fridge and you will allow it to achieve room temperature before consumption!

In the meantime, some vino collapseo.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

MrMichaelWright – top choice!

Did the tour of Westons last friday – Mayhem prep 😉 3rd time round there and really love all their stuff!

Got some Much Marcle Extra Dry in the fridge…..

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Many years ago my mate Sean often had to stick his fingers down his throat a mile into a Saturday morning ride just to feel a tiny bit better.

user-removed
    Free Member

Gotta really, truly, possibly career-changing photography shoot in the morning (bridal stuff with big hotel chain owners) and I’m loving the Montepulciano 😀

Ironed my shirt earlier and batteries are charged – it’s all good!

Moonhead
    Free Member

From a fellow photographer, good luck tomorrow user-removed!!

Take 2 of everything!

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers man I will. Good luck with the date…. Vile energy drinks are good for hangovers….! Nice kitchens by the way!

Moonhead
    Free Member

Cheers dude!

user-removed
    Free Member

Moonhead – Member
    Take 2 of everything!

You did mean two of everything from the booze cabinet right? Hic.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Ok, left home at 08.45 (on the bike!) had a good ride, went to a mates house (for a little cider)and have just got home 😳

Mrs Cider is not as happy as me!

Roll on cheese time later when mrs Cider figures out I eat most of it last night 😯

‘Please be gentle’ will be my words!

Diane
    Free Member

CIS you are very naughty 😀

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Yep 😉

Sue_W
    Free Member

Good effort CiS! Although I fully support Mrs CiS’s right to be extremely annoyed about the cheese shortage.

Glad to report that last night’s wine consumption did not lead to an inability to get out on the hills this morning – top ride! Given that it worked last night, am repeating the wine and cheese combo tonight 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

Aye, top work! Cider, cheese and bikes – it’s all good. Also happy to report that today’s very-important-shoot went like a hot, sweaty dream.

Duggan

I was planning on getting out round Hayfield today but after watching my mates band last night til late I have had a shocking hangover today and couldn’t contemplate getting out.

So I have had self-loathing lumped on top of the physical pain.

Props to those oging out after a night on the lash, I just can’t bring myself to do it. I would definitely have vomited. Many times I think 🙂

ciderinsport
    Free Member

‘went like a hot, sweaty dream.’

One of those shoots!! Well done!!

Ps Mrs CiS went to bed early with no cheese so I am still married 😯

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘I had a few sherries….well…’ is closed to new replies.