Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • I had a crash in the snow
  • Pook

on a 1 in 4 hill, at 5mph, car wouldn’t stop and i went over a give way and into the side of a passing vectra

all been put through insurance – whta do we think the outcome will be?

trailmonkey

You were going to fast for the conditions and failed to stop at a give way.

Your fault.

Pook

didn’t claim it wasn’t my fault old man.

fingerbike
    Free Member

with any luck you’ll have taken another vectra off the road….

matt_outandabout

yep – your ‘fault’

why be on a 1 in 4 in the snow anyway?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Pics?

trailmonkey

didn’t claim it wasn’t my fault old man

No, you asked what the outcome would be. I reckon you’ll be found at fault.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Erm, a 1 in 4 in the snow? That’s just blatent disregard for the conditions! It’ll go against you I’m afraid, as it was not in the slightest bit the other drivers fault.

Pook

why be in a 1 in 4? all other roads from where we were were blocked.

no pics.

Still don’t see what saying it’s my fault ahs to do with anything. I’ve already said it is.

What are the latest rules on compo culture?

MrNutt
    Free Member

they’ll send a vet around to your house and put you down?

wwaswas

“whta do we think the outcome will be”

you’ll pay the excess and your insurance company will pick up the rest of the tab.

unless the police were involved and feel there’s a reason to proscute that’ll be the end of it.

matt_outandabout

compo culture! lol

outcome is you pay your excess, your insurance rises next year.

Pook

i don’t. Work does. Insurance is by the by.

“lol”

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Yea, just to remind you of my post 2 nights ago about ABS brakes – this accident could have happened to me..

STATO
    Free Member

why be in a 1 in 4? all other roads from where we were were blocked.

so dont leave where you were? but oh of course, you have a car and your entitled to use it arnt you, sorry, i was assuming people had common sense.

Pook

leaving it where it was would have been dangerous. I was, in fact, moving it to park, abandon, and walk home. Should I have just left it in the middle of the road?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I know the snow was a contributory factor in the crash but why would this be any different to any other crash?

Is this just a question about what happens after a crash?

If so, insurance sorts it out and you feel a bit silly, are more cautious for a while and then everything reverts to normal.

Pook

ok – my question is this……

I have admitted fault already. Thanks all the same to sanctimoniuostrackworld for your comments in telling me what I already know.

I have sorted all out with the insurance about this.

What happens if the fella claims compo? What’s the process/ramification etc?

davidrussell
    Free Member

wont some insurers not pay out if you admit liability before they’ve had a chance to investigate?

matt_outandabout

no ramifications – thats what the insurance takes care of.

Pook

mr insurance man said it’s all covered and will be paid for.

wwaswas

“I have admitted fault already”

bad move…

“What happens if the fella claims compo? What’s the process/ramification etc”

you fill in form giving your version of events, you never hear anythign about it again as the insurers deal with it all.

boblo
    Free Member

it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault it’s your fault 😈

Errmm, they’ll probably take you away somewhere dark and quiet. Tweak your nipples and give you a nasty chinese burn/wedgy combination. The other driver will have some permanent malady that will need hugely compensating for even though you biffed them at 0.5mph.

If it was your insurance, you’d have to cough for your excess and possibly lose your NCB (depending on your personal arrnagaments).

You’ll now have to take an anger management/dangerous driver/conditions awareness course as this became mandatory last Monday for all involved in biffettes…

Ho hum.

Bob

Pook

errmm, hey’ll probably take you away somewhere dark and quiet. Tweak your nipples and give you a nasty chinese burn/wedgey combination.

sounds fun

coffeeking
    Free Member

So youre asking what happens re compo etc, yet you’ve already informed your insurance who you say:

mr insurance man said it’s all covered and will be paid for

?

It’s what you have insurance for, unless you’re uninsured, your insurer pays for everything the 3rd party claims (assuming they agree with the claim)? Throw us a bone, what do you think might happen, other than what we’ve covered?!

Pook

[bone throw]
    I’m actually wondering about the process. What will now happen?
    [/bone throw]

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Won’t someone think of the children????

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Might it not be the local Council’s responsibility to ensure that roads are safe, and if not, to close them to all traffic?

(Throws spanner into works, runs away)

coffeeking
    Free Member

They’ll wait a while, claim whiplash and time off work, your insurance company will argue it, it’ll bounce too and fro for a few months while the cars get fixed and eventually someone will send you confirmation of who payed what and why. Or at least thats my experience of it!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Might it not be the local Council’s responsibility to ensure that roads are safe, and if not, to close them to all traffic?

Dont think the council are legally obliged to ensure roads are passable, certainly not non-A-roads. My brother span his car (and landed it on its roof down an embankment) on a patch of crumbling road surface that looked fine but literally fell apart and went like a patch of marbles under load. Council didn’t pay up then, despite the insurance company pushing it.

matt_outandabout

[bone throw]
    I’m actually wondering about the process. What will now happen?
    [/bone throw]

Depends if you are insured via the dodgy company that goes by the name of Swiftcover – there is a reason why some insurance companies are cheap….

traildog
    Free Member

I don’t really understand what you are asking? The insurance pays and handles everything. You will be out of pocket next time you renew as your premium will have gone up. You normally have to fill in a form which describes the accident. You should never admit liability, just keep to the facts of what happened. Should you receive any letters from their insurance, you should pass these onto your insurance, although making a copy of them first might be a good idea. They will use words like negligence and you will almost certainly be considered at fault, which people are pointing out to you here but you don’t seem to like. Be certain about facts, and things like how many people were in the car. Side impacts are nasty no matter what speed, hopefully no one was hurt.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Slight hijack – My insurance form specifically states I “MUST NOT” admit fault at the scene of an accident, including apologising, in any circumstances.

I always wondered what this would be like if I over-cooked it one day and was clearly at fault, hit someone and got out. Ermmm hi, erm….details please., hope you’re ok?..bye!

psling
    Free Member

If the Vectra was travelling at less than 12 mph and its driver was not wearing a helmet, you could claim that he was negligent and may have contributed towards any injuries he received during the incident. That should reduce the amount of ‘compo’ that may be claimed.

Additionally, if you have his vehicle impounded and checked for defects you may find that he should not have been on the road in the first place in which case you may reasonably be able to claim against him.

HTH 🙂

trailmonkey

I have admitted fault already. Thanks all the same to sanctimoniuostrackworld for your comments in telling me what I already know.

You asked :-

whta do we think the outcome will be?

My profuse apologies for

a)telling you the correct answer – the outcome is you will be found at fault
    b)my psychic powers being on a low ebb and consequently not knowing what complex sequence of events may occur after you have been found at fault.

Next time you ask a q on here, make a list of the things that you don’t want to hear, then you can avoid having to insult those that give you an otherwise valid answer. 🙄

Pook

you will almost certainly be considered at fault, which people are pointing out to you here but you don’t seem to like.

don’t mind at all, it’s just irrelevant to what i wanted to know.

then you can avoid having to insult those that give you an otherwise valid answer. [:roll:]

also can’t see who i’ve insulted. Unless you’re all a bit sensitive.

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Compo Culture

Zedsdead
    Free Member

If they claim for personal injury you won’t know until next years quote comes in and it’s gone up massively.

bigyinn
    Free Member

You pay insurance excess,
    insurance sorts out the rest.
    Probably bounce between two insurers for a couple of months.
    If you have protected no claims, job done! If you haven’t next years premium will go up. End of.
    Dont sweat it, nothing to worry about.
    Bummer when stuff like that happens though, must admit i wouldn’t like to be in a car that is sliding across a junction!

Keef
    Free Member

same happened to mrs xckeith1’s car Monday morning.It was parked perfectly legally out side our house,he at least had the decency to knock on the door and give his details,however as she ‘only’ has 3rd pft ins. she’s had to spend two mornings going and getting quotes and an hour and a half on the phone to both insurance companies.He has admitted full responsibility,but said he couldn’t give a toss. Winker.Still ‘what goes around,comes around’ eh ? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘I had a crash in the snow’ is closed to new replies.