Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • I had a car accident….
  • PrinceJohn

A few weeks ago, just got a call from someone saying they were from first response – 0151 375 9980 tried googling them but it doesn’t bring up much information…

They’re saying they can give me £2-3000 in compenesation from the other person’s insurance..

Are they a con? Seems con like to me but I can’t work it out.

jon1973
    Free Member

It just sounds like a no win no fee company trying to get you to fake a whiplash injury to get some compo, and they can get their big fee for sorting it out.

xiphon
    Free Member

The loosing side pays the costs – so if they win, they take a big chunk from the opposite side.

cyclistm
    Free Member

It is possible they have been referred by your insurance company, if you indeed went through your insurance company.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Are you really that nieve/gullable?

Did you sustain an injury, if not then why would you claim?

Unfortunately people who entertain these types of company are putting the premiums up for everyone.

Edit – I just found loads of stuff about them when I googled the number.

PrinceJohn

I just found loads of stuff about them when I googled the number.

If your googlefu stronger than mine? I only managed 2 relevant results?

xiphon
    Free Member

Depending on your moral compass, it can work in your favour.

For example, your ‘compensation money’ could be set aside to pay for your car insurance premiums over the next few years.

Just ends up getting recycled back to the insurance companies.

flowerpower
    Free Member

For example, your ‘compensation money’ could be set aside to pay for your car insurance premiums over the next few years.

Just ends up getting recycled back to the insurance companies

Not sure quite what sort of ‘moral compass’ would buy that 😕 if the OP didn’t really have an injury…

Bit like saying its ok to take money from the till in Tesco as long as you use it to buy your shopping there the next week…

Hmmm – maybe Tesco was a bad illustration 😉

xiphon
    Free Member

flowerpower

Thanks to insurance money from some stolen bikes, my car insurance is covered for a good few years to come – genuine crime (sad to see the bikes go..) + crazy insurance payout policy (which they have now altered slightly).

hora
    Free Member

Were you actually injured? If not tell them to go and **** themselves.

I had an accident and settled direct with the other drivers insurers (and I was injured). After that I STILL got calls from countless places. I told them point-blank that I settled direct as I wanted a quick and amicable solution with no costs incurred as the other driver had made an honest mistake. I still got loads of calls.

parkesie
    Free Member

They keep ringing me. Not even had an accident ffs.
    We see youve had a car accident we could help you claim xxxxx. I doubt it somone bumped my car in a car park 6 years ago now stop ringing me you parasitic little shits.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

But the other parties insurer has a pool of money just waiting for you to claim, something like £3000 apparently…

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

This boils my piss. I had an accident a few months ago where the guy claimed for whiplash following a bumper rub, with both vehicles moving in the same direction. He got 2 or 3k because my insurance company couldn’t be bothered to fight it.

I on the other hand got a number of calls from these sorts of companies after the accident and told them all to piss off as I was neither injured nor a fraudster.

I guess I can take some consolation from being on the moral highground.

This was the damage to his 3 tonne pickup truck, which had a ‘rub’ with a 3 door golf.

DezB
    Free Member

At least they admit they are predators

hora
    Free Member

But the other parties insurer has a pool of money just waiting for you to claim, something like £3000 apparently…

Same with employers. Had an accident? Don’t worry it wont affect your job as your employer happily has an insurer who has a pool of money ready for such events.

xiphon
    Free Member

Yes they do – from the ££££ in insurance premiums I (and many others) have paid over the years and never claimed a penny for.

The car insurance market is a complete monopoly.

How about they reduced the payouts of “claims”, and passed on the reduction to us (the customer) in the form of much lower premiums?

plyphon
    Free Member

My GF’s brother got called by one of these after his crash. They convinced him he would win big in the courts, despite him being totally fine and uninjured.

He went to court, the judge RIPPED him to parts, and ordered him to pay £500 for wasting everyone’s time.

YMMV

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

I have had a few calls, saying I been in a car accident, (I have had no car accidents) so I ask “which one” The guy thinks he hit the jack pot!
    I asked for date and time of the accident “just to make sure we talking about the same one” which he could not supply so after about wasting 5 or so mins of his time he hung up on me!! lol
    Lot of them are just cold calls, I do think he got details from a A&E as I few months earlier I was getting checked out after a crash on the MTB.

Junkyard
    Free Member

But the other parties insurer has a pool of money just waiting for you to claim, something like £3000 apparently

which comes form insurance premiums we all pay

UK whiplash rates – 85%
    France 7%

Work out why we pay so much we are a bunch of fraudsters who fake injury for personal gain

if you want to be one knock yourself out [ or at least say you were and you still get headaches]

Its wrong IMHO and the pic above sums it up as to the piss taking nature of these claims that we all pay for
    iirc it was £67 per insurance to cover whiplash claims

xiphon
    Free Member

But until the Gov start putting caps (or much tighter restrictions) on the “payouts” – it will continue to rise (whether you like it or not).

So it really is a case of “if I don’t do it, it’ll make zero difference overall”

hora
    Free Member

A bitter pill for me as I’ve just insured a new (to me) car.

In 2007 I insured a Subaru Forester 4×4 for £420 with then just two-three years NCD and one 100% no fault/no claim accident. I now have 8-9yrs NCD and its £450 for a 1.6 **** Citroen.

What the ****.

@ MTB Rob the last time I was at A&E in Trafford General Manchester it was wall to wall (every wall) with huge Solicitor ‘have you had an accident’ posters for the same company.

Now with that I imagine someone working there is also on secret commission.

xiphon
    Free Member

hora – my point entirely

ScottChegg
    Free Member

UK whiplash rates – 85%
    France 7%

What do these numbers actually mean?

scrumfled
    Free Member

Junkyard, do you have a source for those numbers?

Daffy

hora – Member

In 2007 I insured a Subaru Forester 4×4 for £420 with then just two-three years NCD and one 100% no fault/no claim accident. I now have 8-9yrs NCD and its £450 for a 1.6 **** Citroen.

You’re overpaying, I’m insuring 3 cars for only 10% more than you’re paying. The Mini Cooper S Clubman on similar terms is only £143 per year.

nedrapier

The car insurance market is a complete monopoly.

eh?

http://www.postonline.co.uk/post/analysis/2275820/motor-insurance-the-road-to-profit

Motor insurers must be suckers for punishment. Despite the consistently poor returns from the market, a large majority of unflinching underwriters remain unmoved, sticking with the loss-making line.

Year after year, personal lines insurers, despite isolated pockets of individual success, dabble in a market that has failed to make an operating profit as a whole since 1994. According to a recent Deloitte report, the combined operating ratio of the sector improved to a still-unprofitable 105% for 2012, its second fall in two years.

Something needs to be done about the personal injury claims/legal costs process though, paying fraudulent claims because it’s cheaper not to fight individual cases isn’t doing anyone any favours. Apart from the crims doing the claiming, obviously.

user-removed
    Free Member

I had a crash last week – my car is written off, despite it being quite a slow speed accident. Wasn’t hurt, had all the calls from the ambulance chasers, my insurance, the other driver’s insurance… All were told to go away.

Irony is, today I suddenly feel like I’ve been hit by a truck 🙁 Neck and back painful – walking like a crab. But it’ll pass and I refuse to claim anything on principal. I’m a sucker.

xiphon
    Free Member

Irony is, today I suddenly feel like I’ve been hit by a truck Neck and back painful – walking like a crab. But it’ll pass and I refuse to claim anything on principal. I’m a sucker.

[Assuming you were not at fault]

So if you neck gets worse, and you need to see a physio – who will foot the bill? What if you need to have many physio sessions to get things “back to normal” ?

nedrapier

And if you were unable to work too?

hora
    Free Member

Daffy I’ve lived in the same area for years. This area is one down from a red flag postcode (well I live 100m’s from it) so its always been higher than average. However how come its not changed at all over the years?

I use ALL the comparison sites and play with the variables etc etc.

About 18months ago I ran a quote for a Civic Type R- £1,400 was just about the best one.

..Finally, respectable thieves don’t want to be seen in a hairdressers car Daffy. 😉

xiphon
    Free Member

Good point

Daffy

Hora

About 18months ago I ran a quote for a Civic Type R- £1,400 was just about the best one.

..Finally, respectable thieves don’t want to be seen in a hairdressers car Daffy.

Amen, brother.

hora
    Free Member

I guess we are fairly even-stevens…. (I’ve owned two MX5’s and a Cooper) 8)

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

This boils my piss

i can beat that. i was hit by a bus, when i say hit, i mean i was stationary and the bus almost impercievably brushed at slow speerd against the rear corner of my car. all it did was a slight rub to a rear door hinge. there was aboslutely no sensation of any impact at all. infact, there was no impact. nothing. zero. just the slightest vehicle rub that you could not feel.

4 years later, its still not resolved. the bus driver is lying through his teeth and the best (or worst) bit is that a pile of scounging gits in the bus are claiming injury compensation. i suspect that a no win company bought all their names and addresses.

4 years later, i’m actually still quite worried about it and the fact people are being allowed to claim off my insurance. i do stress on it occasionally. i have to disclose it when i put in for insurance and i am paying higher insurance. and almost daily i am called multiple times by no win no fee companies, and some of their tricks to try and get me to take them on are quite underhand. so through no fgault of my own i’ve had and continue to have grief.

i do not know why the government allows this in my view nasty blood sucking industry to flourish.

ok, rant over… this is how to get rid of them…. ‘oh sorry, i already have a claims solicitor and the case is being dealt with.’ you will get bothered by the next company along the database chain, but not again by the same one.

user-removed
    Free Member

So if you neck gets worse, and you need to see a physio – who will foot the bill? What if you need to have many physio sessions to get things “back to normal” ?

You can claim at any time up until 3 years if I understood right…

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Ambulance chasers are the scum of the earth. My insurance policies are going up each year, slightly mind, but I’ve never claimed in over 10 years of driving.

A good friend was knocked off her bike by a car and almost 3 years later she is still chasing for medical and bike compensation. She’s trying to do it the right way but the insurance companies are dragging on.

tomaso
    Free Member

Jusat had this lot on the phone saying I had had an accident. I haven’t thank you. Maybe somone else in your house has? No they haven’t. And then they H U N G U P ON M E !

jambalaya
    Free Member

“No win, no fee” has had exactly the same impact here as it had in the US. Lots of companies chasing business, exaggerated and fake claims. Higher insurance costs for us all.

john_drummer
    Free Member

They keep ringing me. Not even had an accident ffs.
    We see youve had a car accident we could help you claim xxxxx. I doubt it …stop ringing me you parasitic little shits.

+1

I’ve now also started getting phone calls from companies wanting to “win” me some compensation for my hearing loss that I got for working in a noisy environment…
    a) yes I work for a manufacturing company, and have done for 22 years out of 26, but
    b) I work in the offices, and
    c) if my ears are damaged, it’s most likely self inflicted. I’m a drummer in a rock band FFS

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘I had a car accident….’ is closed to new replies.