Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • I guess it's time. Talk to me about pogies
  • Northwind

The mighty Perfect Curve Glaciers weren’t quite enough for yesterday’s ride, my fingers were terrible all ride and even now they’re still not right. So, I’m thinking I might go properly fatbikerist and stick a set of pogies on.

But what’s good? They’re all hideous, that’s a given… But what basically counts, for me, is not interfering, I want it to just feel like riding normally if that’s possible… Don’t know anything about it really!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Oh FFS, let me copy and paste Pogies for you.

joshvegas
    Free Member

You can try mine next time you come through peebles if you like.

Hotpogs

gwurk
    Free Member

I’ve always wondered what happens when you get spat over the bars with these things on your bike. I know Fatbikes never go fast enough for that to ever happen. So please put yours on a normal bike and tell us?

joshvegas
    Free Member

I don’t have a fatbike?

You just go over your bars.

You know you arent tied in right?

matt_outandabout

I’ve always wondered what happens when you get spat over the bars with these things on your bike

Talk to the other sports such as kayaking that also use them, and need rapid exit at times…. Like un-clipping from SPD’s, you just do.

gwurk
    Free Member

Have you been over the bars using them?

How many times?

gwurk
    Free Member

Talk to the other sports

whitestone
    Free Member

OP: I’m assuming the same username as on BB?

If so, you saw the Revelates in action over the weekend. They were on a normal bike, Stooge with Moto bars. OK, normalish.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

So please put yours on a normal bike and tell us?

Can’t speak for anyone else but mine are used on a dutch bike with 1.75 tyres and a mtn bike (26er) with 2.2s.

I’m quite certain that fatter tyres won’t make them any less likely to grab my wrists in an off?

scotroutes

They are a lot less stiff than many folk imagine (or at least my Hotpogs are). In the event of a fall/OTB you’ll just slip out of them. This is important if you are regularly riding on snow and ice.

The fact that you can wear an ordinary thin gloves in your Pogies makes riding feel more “normal” than thick winter gloves.

joshvegas
    Free Member

The biggest issue is when you panic with your handout and grad bar through the pogies.

Which jams the brake on hard and you do go over the bars. (Left hand came out obvs)

rOcKeTdOg

. I know Fatbikes never go fast enough for that to ever happen

😆

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I noticed today riding in (thick) winter gloves that my fingers/hand soon became fatigued (feels like gripping thicker bars/grips)

Another benefit of pogies as your grips will continue to fit/work as intended,

Rubber_Buccaneer

If anything like bar muffs on a motorcycle getting out is no problem. It’s getting accustomed to slipping your hand back in quick that is the bigger issue. Actually surprised Northwind lacks muff experience

Northwind

gwurk – Member

I’ve always wondered what happens when you get spat over the bars with these things on your bike. I know Fatbikes never go fast enough for that to ever happen.

I can go over the bars on anything. It’s a gift.

gwurk
    Free Member

Actually surprised Northwind lacks muff experience

😆

thenorthwind

OP: I’m assuming the same username as on BB?

Yes but no. I’m thenorthwind on BB, but no relation to Northwind here. The confusion is my fault I have to admit.

If so, you saw the Revelates in action over the weekend. They were on a normal bike, Stooge with Moto bars. OK, normalish.

That is probably the reason I’m on this thread though! 😀

whitestone
    Free Member

Ah, my mistake, missed the definite article 😳

thenorthwind

I guess I should point out I’m not claiming to be any more definitive than Northwind either! At least he knows how to use capital letters as well.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘I guess it's time. Talk to me about pogies’ is closed to new replies.