Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • I got my missus into riding….
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

and now I’m worried and torn.

2nd time riding, she’s getting air of some small kickers and carrying so much speed through berms that she’s been thrown off some of them and nearly hit a few trees.

The upside is more riding, the downside is now that she is addicted….I am going to have to spend ££££££££ and I can now….never ever escape….she’s also going to start competing with me like a kayaking adrenalin fiend I used to date.

What have I done?

igm

Created happiness.

Have you got her skiing / snowboarding too?

sandwicheater

Some good deals on Giant bikes i’m told if she needs a new bike 😉

slimjim78
    Free Member

I wish my missus enjoyed riding.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Yeah, I mostly saying it in jest. 🙂 It will be great – but she doesn’t half scare the shit out of me. It turns out that she’s missing the fear part of her brain…..she saw a few doubles being hit by bmxers and her first words were “can I do that?”….errrr…starting to think that I’ve accidentally married a closet Rachael Atherton.

stevied
    Free Member

I am going to have to spend ££££££££

Why? Do you buy her make-up too? 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I guess I’ve got an excuse, I’m a kept man…. for now….well probably forever as scientists earn a pittance in comparison.

So thinking about it – I won’t. 😀

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Good on you. I can’t wait to get Mrs Wachowchow back out on her bike. She seems to be permanently up the duff for the last few years.

stevied
    Free Member

In that case, if she’s addicted, you won’t be able to ride with her unless she buys you some new forks… 🙂

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

@steve Silver lining etc etc 😀

Maybe I can convince her to get a campervan for all the riding she now wants to do…. need to bide my time and make sure that I don’t put her off 😀

andyt1054
    Free Member

I feel your pain mate. I took my German girlfriend to bike park Wales last week for her first go at downhill gravity based riding……

After two runs, she nailed Terry’s belly in one go without stops and is nearly as quick as me on most reds there.

She also managed to have all the lads in both uplifts vans in hysterics / falling about laughing when she announced at the drop off point she was really pi$$ed off as she had broken a nail!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

This is going to end in a hospital visit on my part isn’t it Andy….trying to keep in front of her and keep my man pride.

I just know it….there’s this deep sense of dread…..I’ve been here before with the mentalist kayaker.

honourablegeorge

My wife HATES biking, but very kindly looks after the kids when I want to go.

When that time comes, one of you will have to sya at home while the other goes.

Moral – NEVER get your wife into biking.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

No no no george you’ve got it all wrong, that’s actually an upside – when we do have kids I won’t get into trouble if they nail themselves biking.

lunge

I feel your pain. Not from the dare devil side, but I introduced my wife to cycling a couple of years ago. I forgot she is/was a sub-40 minute 10km runner who likes pushing her body and has a competitive streak as wide as the Pacific. So now, whenever we go on a ride it turns into a smash-up, she attacks going up every hill, I often lose, she always gloats and an “easy 15 miles” turns into an absolute beasting for both of us.

It’s awesome.

andyt1054
    Free Member

In honesty Tom I think it’s great mate. Yes I worry about her, but I bought her full body armour and helmet etc… So try and keep her as safe as possible. She reckons that the years she spent doing gymnastics really helps by her moving around and controlling the bike……… If that’s what gymnastics does, pass me a leotard!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Hahah.

😀

Great to hear andy!

JAG

I wish my missus enjoyed riding

^^^ This

My Wife won’t ride a bike and it curtails my chances to ride! So be glad she likes riding bikes and f#ck off – in the nicest possible way 😆

kerley
    Free Member

I glad mine doesn’t. We spend a lot of time together already and I like my cycling time to myself.

Davesport

What have I done?

You’ve let the Genie out of the bottle my friend 😀 No rest for you now and don’t forget most wimmin have got expensive tastes. Biggest mistake ever 😆

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Yeah, I mostly saying it in jest. It will be great – but she doesn’t half scare the shit out of me. It turns out that she’s missing the fear part of her brain…..she saw a few doubles being hit by bmxers and her first words were “can I do that?”….errrr…starting to think that I’ve accidentally married a closet Rachael Atherton.

Reminds my of a mate taking his better half riding. She was quite reserved and had a little off while wearing body armour. That was it – Dr. Jekkyl left the building. As soon as Mr. (or Ms.) Hyde realised that it didn’t hurt too much crashing in armour she became a woman possessed…

(in a good way)

dahedd
    Free Member

Lucky man. I’ve tried repeatedly to get my Mrs into it, but a big off years back has her unwilling to give it any welly.

That said my daughter’s getting well into it inspite of a nasty crash at Fochabers a few months back the wee guy loves flying along on his tag along so we do go out on the odd family run round the local woods, loch & old railway line.

bikegrrrl
    Free Member

My hubby leaves me for dust going up hill. I kick his butt on the downhill.
    I don’t know why but us ladies do seem to have less fear sometimes.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’m really glad my missus doesn’t ride I see enough of her as it is

Sandwich

pass me a leotard

That way lies restraining orders and other bad legal stuff.

igm

honourablegeorge – Member
    My wife HATES biking, but very kindly looks after the kids when I want to go.

When that time comes, one of you will have to sya at home while the other goes.

Moral – NEVER get your wife into biking.

Tom_W1987 – Member
    No no no george you’ve got it all wrong, that’s actually an upside – when we do have kids I won’t get into trouble if they nail themselves biking.

I ride, my wife rides (neither of us are much good).

Last summer our 10 year old rode the Chavannes armed in Les Gets, following my wheel.

His five year old younger brother wax on a LOCT on the bike with me shouting “Raa, Raa, Gryfindor” at the top of his voice all the way down.

Family biking is fun.

That said it gets expensive when elder boy discovers n+1 (“daddy”, “yes?”, “you know how you have a fat bike? I don’t have a fat bike…”)

bigad40
    Free Member

Well done for getting her into it.
    I’ve been trying for years.
    Thankfully my boys clicked without much effort.

matther01
    Free Member

My wife’s XS Cotic Soul frame arrived today and it’ll be built up at the weekend. No ‘thank you’…just ‘couldn’t you get it in red, not orange?’ Lol

FOG

My wife used to like long out there days ,not anything too tech but as she has got older she has become incredibly risk averse and hardly touches her bike. Her choice of holiday seems entirely based on making it difficult for me to do any cycling!
    To be fair this might be because I have taken to heading to Scotland on my own2-3 times a year.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

That way lies restraining orders and other bad legal stuff.

Fun while it lasts though…

MoreCashThanDash

slimjim78 – Member

She seems to like it with me…. 8)

munrobiker
    Free Member

My wife hated mountain biking, unless it was cruising down fire roads. It was stressful for both of us, me because she crashed a lot because she didn’t know what she was doing, but I couldn’t suggest any technique correction without a meltdown and she just gave up on anything remotely difficult at the drop of a hat.

Likes road biking very slowly when the weather’s nice, though.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘I got my missus into riding….’ is closed to new replies.