Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • I got flashed!
  • aracer
    Free Member

Wow – impressed by the observational skills

johnj2000
    Free Member

M6TTF- bike was in boot of car.

cheez0
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

You are already breaking the law on amber.. you would have to show a good reason for why you drove through an amber (to get let off).

Try again.

Drac, Y U NO GOOGLE?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2002/3113/regulation/36/made

http://www.hilldickinson.com/downloads/client_services/knowledge_and_publications/insurance/19_august_2011.aspx

http://www.confused.com/car-insurance/blogs/blog-traffic-lights-are-you-an-amber-gambler

all these links state that the law applying to red lights applies to amber. i.e STOP

(e) the amber signal shall, when shown alone, convey the same prohibition as the red signal, except that, as respects any vehicle which is so close to the stop line that it cannot safely be stopped without proceeding beyond the stop line, it shall convey the same indication as the green signal or green arrow signal which was shown immediately before it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thegreatape
    Free Member

ambers

ta

Drac

No. Read the links GrahamS provided which I didn’t need to Google. It’s not you must stop, it’s stop if safe.

Or indeed read your own quite.

hora
    Free Member

Stop if safe I.e don’t if theres a car behind you or you are doing 20 etc and metres from the line.

Or its red, 5am etc and deserted/no cars in sight.

njee20
    Free Member

Or its red, 5am etc and deserted/no cars in sight.

No, that part you made up. Wholly.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Have a drive around W’ton the lights and signs are purely advisory

You want to try Bradford. Amber doesn’t even mean speed up to its inhabitants, it means keep going so you’re coasting through a red whilst the green man is on. The worst driving I’ve ever witnessed…

theotherjonv

I used to frequently visit Bradford and can attest that the driving standards there are appalling.

However, someone in Guildford last night topped it all.

Coming up my road, there are parking bays on the left which narrows the road to single traffic. And because it’s a residential road, with a school on, I drive carefully up it, giving way to oncoming cars. Rather than as this gesticulating moron behind seemed to want me to do, and gun it up the narrow bits to the next bit of two way and then swerve in front of the oncoming traffic.

So after a couple of incidents of this and ever increasing flashing of her lights – we are now proceeding at a stately pace towards the 4 way traffic light crossroads at the end, at which point our green light turns amber while I’m still some way away, at which point she decides that if I don’t jump the lights then she’s still going to.

Is it ever acceptable to jump the red lights on the wrong side of the road whilst overtaking the car in front that has stopped at them?

I have your number, as do the police.

Drac

I have your number, as do the police.

hora
    Free Member

No, that part you made up. Wholly.

I even nip down one way streets when its quiet. Amazingly you see pedestrians sometimes shouting at you as though Godzilla is coming.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I just wish to state that I will very shortly be taking driving lessons and perhaps a test.

In and around Bradford.

Am I going to fail? Who knows, but you have been warned.

EDIT hora:

theotherjonv

On the basis that the hardest part of learning to drive (and i mean really learning, not just being able to manoeuver a car well enough to pass your test) is being able to predict what other people are about to do; and that it’s impossible to predict what the average Bradford driver is about to do, because they don’t know yet themselves……..

You’re screwed.

hora
    Free Member

No I’m not trolling. The world aint black and white you know.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hmmm. Do you mean on a bike or in a car?

Also:

The world aint black and white you know.

I am a dog using WP8 and I find this offensive.

hora
    Free Member

I’d never learn to drive now- the cost must be 😯

konabunny
    Free Member

Nope, it’s not civil law – still the same standard of proof required as any other criminal law.

Oh, okay, then

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘I got flashed!’ is closed to new replies.