Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • i got a sweaty car – help me :-/
  • sadexpunk

for a couple of months now, every time we get in the car it stinks sweaty. i think it came from when i was taking rubbish bags to the tip one day, and one must have been leaking a bit, as there was a bit of a wet stain where the bag was.

but ive soaked the carpet area in the boot with fabreze, got strong air fresheners in there, and just cant shift it. a few minutes of driving and its ok, as the air fresheners in the matrix kick in. but id like to get rid of the smell altogether.

im thinking some of you mebbes had that problem after sweaty biking kit been in the car? any suggestions?

cheers

ton

steam clean the interior with a vax type vac.

RustySpanner

Neutradol works a treat.

Also, if you know anyone who works for the local housing authority/local care home, they use a very powerful odour neutralising spray, for obvious reasons.

I have a slightly leaky Aunt – the spray worked a treat until we got some washable seat covers. 😥

Brother_Will
    Free Member

1+ for neutradol, i use them everytime i buy a new (to me) car.

sadexpunk

cheers, ill try that first, then a steam clean if no good.

thanks 🙂

garage-dweller

Also might be worth trying some proper auto interior shampoo, Autoglym / Megiurs something like that. The autoglym one's removed some nasty muck from my cars.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘i got a sweaty car – help me :-/’ is closed to new replies.