Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • I got a mouse in the kitchen what am I gonna do?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Now ideally i wanna kill that mouse, thats what i want to do, but apparently it is some kind of super mouse that has now taken up residence in the oven. Only leaving at night to feed and when i took the panels off it today to promptly hide itself somewhere else.

Seen it a few times as well as having the delightful job of cleaning up mouse plops from the worktops on a daily basis so now its about and where it runs. So far have tried old skool traps with, in rotation, peanut butter, sultanas, chocolate, cheese and malt loaf. Also have tubs of poison down around the kitchen unit bases. All of which the little bleeder has circumvented. So short of burning the house down, does anyone have any methods that will inflict some sort of death like injury on the pesky nuisance?

uplink
    Free Member

Can you not borrow one of these?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Napalm.

DezB
    Free Member

You know they have no sphincter muscle, don’t you? In the oven, yeuach!

I once used a olive oiled milk bottle with chocolate and cheese leading up a toilet roll in to the neck of the bottle. Worked wonders, caught the blighter, but he was all oily when I let him go outside. Like a little tiny Elvis.

montylikesbeer

ALL TOGETHER NOW

There’s a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna do?
    There’s a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna go?
    I’m gonna fix that rat thats what I’m gonna do,
    I’m gonna fix that rat.

When you open your mouth you don’t talk, you shout
    And you give every body the blame,
    But when they catch you up,
    They will shut you up
    And you got no one to blame

Chorus

There’s a rat in me kitchen …….. Etc

When you out on the street,
    You practice lies and deceipt
    And you scandalize my name
    But when I catch you up
    I’m gonna pull you up
    I’m gonna check-out inside your brain

Chorus

There’s a rat in me kitchen ……. Etc

when yo deh pon the scene,
    You make everyone scream
    Because they know your so unjust
    But when they catch you up
    They will kick you up
    Because you someone they cannot trust

Chorus

There’s a rat in me kitchen ……. Etc

You invade my space
    Make me feel disgraced
    And you just don’t give a damn
    If I had my way
    If I had my say
    I’d like to see you hang

Chorus

There’s a rat in me kitchen ….. Etc

Repeat chorus and fade

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Block up all the gaps that it is using to get in and out of the oven?

Drawbacks to this plan are:

1. Dead mouse in oven.
    2. Possible fire/asphysixiation as I think ovens probably need adequate ventilation.

stugus
    Free Member

lol, elvis the mouse! uh huh huh!

thepurist
    steve-g
    Free Member

When you set the traps point them at the wall rather than having them running along it if that makes sense. Don’t handle the traps straight after you’ve washed your hands or they will smell of soap. And if you’re using cheese make sure it’s proper manky off cheese that smells bad.

Chances are it can get around along the pipework so keep your place absolutely spotlessly clean and it will get bored/hungry and leave to go somewhere else.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Are you sure its not a borrower? theyre clever little buggers they are

binners

Pook

is that nuke image real? where and when is it if so?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Humane tippy trap, chocolate one end and when it goes in it tips and the door shuts.
    Then you can go round to that really annoying neighbour and post the mouse through their letterbox 😀

This saves your soul for not killing it, you don’t release it outside where it will die and you wreak vengeance on an annoying neighbour.

PS: you don’t live near me though, do you?

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

After a few years of trying everything I realised the only way to totally get rid is remove all chances of them ever finding food.

Buy lots of tupaware boxes and make sure you use them all the time, make sure every single crumb is cleaned away.

They gave up after a while, and have never come back.

Although we did have a pigmy shrew in there the other day, but that was so slow I just picked it up and set it free ! Not to mention the grass snake that has moved in under our front porch 😀 (I think thats what it is, could be an escaped python or something, tis big though)

zarquon
    Free Member

Mice carry the same diseases as rats. First look around your food cupboards and check for signs of little, few mm long turds. Look at your cereal boxes for signs that they’ve been chewed. If you find evidence of this then chuck all food that is not in mouse-proof containers out, clean down all surfaces and shelves. Get a mousetrap, or call the council pest department. Look outside you’ll probably find a pipe running to the outside that they got in thrrough or broken vent and put a fine mesh over to prevent them getting in again.

Jamie
    Free Member

Liking all the napalm/nuke ideas so far. All entry points are sealed i think, well i am sure. I reckon it came into the house when the patio doors were left open a few weeks ago when the hot weather was here and basically has not left.

DezB:

I once used a olive oiled milk bottle with chocolate and cheese leading up a toilet roll in to the neck of the bottle.

I have been up since 6 so brain is tired, care to elaborate as i do not quite follow what you mean.

thepurist

Pook – nope it’s not – you can just make out the credit in dark grey text underneath it.

This one is tho – been there!

zarquon
    Free Member

oh and they like chocolate BTW – that’s what I used as bait for mice in my parents house, Caught one and saw another feeding off the brains of the caught one – nice

Lionheart
    Free Member

We use the old fashion mouse trap, dirt cheap from local diy store, use a new on each time, put three down with chocolate / choc -digestives, on the route to food. so far none have last more than a few days, prob get three / four a year, and prob the cats that bring them in!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Like a little tiny Elvis

That’s bizarre. We had a mouse in a rented house in France once – cheeky little bugger he was too. He’d walk right up to you in the hope you’d drop him a crumb. We christened him Elvis.

uplink
    Free Member

and prob the cats that bring them in!

The cats normally maim them 1st & then have their own particular version of the special olympics

apparentlyodd
    Free Member

try a chewit on a trap, works a charm apparently…never tried it myself so dont hold me to it 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Right i am off to the shops for chewits, choc hobnobs and a gun.

frenchie
    Free Member

Settle yourself down and watch the film ‘Mousehunt’, it will change your mind about these furry little creatures. Do not try the cherry on the mouse trap method!!!!!!!

tinribz
    Free Member

ricochet is right, step 1 is always to remove or remove access to all food in the house.

And food for mouse is not just human food, it includes crumbs, soap, grease, food packets etc. That means a trip to B&Q for air tight containers.

Then you can think about traps or poison.

Tracey

Wait till its not watching then whack it with Maltloaf

Tracey

Jamie
    Free Member

Traps are set, as well as this little beauty i stole off a website:

petetheplumber
    Free Member

We just put better food in the garden than the kitchen.

MrAgreeable

Set up this little arrangement in the middle of your kitchen.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get one of these, it’ll sort the problem for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoXfYvoUsxg

scraprider
    Free Member

bloody ell Mr Agreeable , mouse trap not seen that for years , come to think of it , i think its down my mums gaff

MOUSE TRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ewan
    Free Member

Actually, that nuke image appears to be real.

Licorne

A french shot apparently, scanned from a hard copy, the colours would appear to have been boosted tho. French atoll a go go…

Jamie
    Free Member

davidtaylforth:

Oh my!

CountZero

You could always pop round hairychested’s gaff, get one of his big spiders and set the spider on the mouse.
    Just a thought…

tankslapper
    Free Member

Milan the fooker!

ex-pat
    Free Member

He’ll know what to do.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ok, i officially have a super genetically enhanced mouse. Avoided 5 traps, then another 3 home made ones then took a crap in front of the microwave.

Back to the drawing board.

mogrim

lol@ex-pat

Jamie – get a cat. My cat left me half a mouse out front yesterday, the little sweetie.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member

Crikey – that’s an interesting hobby and a nice home movie too!

DezB
    Free Member

Unlucky mate. Sorrry I didn’t get round to elaborating on the Elvis trap.

the milk bottle had olive oil dripped into it (to make the escape route slippery as well as style the DA), it was propped up on a shoe iirc, with the cardboard tube leading up to the neck. Milk chocolate and cheddar cheese (strong, mature) were crumbled around and up the card tube, with some down in the bottom of the bottle.
    This was setup behind a door in the room where he lived, so it was nice and dark.
    I was fairly surprised to find my little greasy friend in there the next day.
    I let him go by the local pub and he scuttled across the road in front of a teenage boy on his bike who yelped in surprise!
    I was already laughing at the little Elvis sprinting around but when the kid nearly fell off his bike I could hardly stand.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘I got a mouse in the kitchen what am I gonna do?’ is closed to new replies.