Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • I got a free Dalby 1 year Pass – you can have one too!
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

You just have to do 3 dig days for SingletrAction at Stainburn (Harrogate), Wharncliffe (Sheffield) or Dalby Forest. It's all very rewarding and you can do a few hours digging then go riding to make a day of it. 😀

More info for dig days here and we still haven't drawn the prizes for membership, kindly donated by Hope. So, you might even get a free set of hope hubs for your membership fee of £15: SingletrAction website and forum

jackthedog
    Free Member

What do you use it for? Free parking? You don't ahve to pay to ride Dalby, surely?

cp

you have to pay to get into the forest on the access road with a car – and it's not chuffin cheap either!

jackthedog
    Free Member

I see.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The forest road Toll is £7..

So these work out really cheap if you go there a lot…

uplink
    Free Member

3 dig days

That's a lot of work for a £42 pass 😉

Besides they only seem to do dig days at the weekends & I work most of them 🙂

MrAgreeable

That's a lot of work for a £42 pass

Odd point of view there. When you're mowing the lawn, or riding your bike, or hanging out with your friends, do you think "hmm, I should be getting paid more for this?"

coffeeking
    Free Member

Mowing the lawn I seriously consider paying someone else to do as my time is more valuable.

MrAgreeable

By that logic, if he's a local who uses Dalby etc, perhaps Uplink should consider chucking Singletraction a donation? That's what a lot of riders have done for us in Bristol when they are too busy to dig.

Whatever the case, he seems to be missing the point in a big way, as well as not understanding the meaning of the word "volunteer"…

uplink
    Free Member

Odd point of view there.

You obviously missed the 😉 at the end of that line

Bit quick to start typing before reading & not very agreeable today are we?

MrAgreeable

No, I saw it. I just thought it was a bit of a negative comment to make about a pretty decent incentive.

Dougal
    Free Member

You got done, that's only eight months!

MtbCol
    Free Member

Got my SingeltrAction pass at the end of April, plus I have a "works pass" as well as a regular at dig days in Dalby. 🙂

Please, if you ride Dalby a lot, come and give us a hand, many hands make light work and all that, and it's not all hard graft! And you get to have a say in how your trails are built and mantained/improved rather than just moaniing about the bad bits on some internet forum…

dickie
    Free Member

Expires 31.3.10 – isn't that a 8 month pass??

MtbCol
    Free Member

Not if you get it in April, but that's dependant on how fast FE are. I got mine quickly enough to get a full years usage out of it.

dickie
    Free Member

He don't think he got it April.

andywarner
    Free Member

i live near dalby and had a pass last year which i used most sundays and thursday nights. i refuse to pay for a pass this year. i did the odd bit helping dig last year but the price for a pass went up 25% last year and 20% this year. i think FE are really taking the piss with locals because they know that people will drive a long way to come to dalby and are willing to pay through the nose to use the trails. luckily i was riding there before any of the trails were built so know the forest quite well. the best thing to do is to park on the edge of the forest (at the fox and rabbit near pickering or at ebberston) and ride in. plus there's much better riding on the moors where you actually have to make decisions for yourself and don't know what's coming next. phew! rant rant rant!!!

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Coming to a dig day isn't like having to do a day's work for the boss. It can start at 10, finish at 4 with a leisurely lunch in the fresh air etc. You could come and not get very tired at all 😉

However, the passionate / dedicated ones usually come early, work until the light goes, graft non-stop with 5 minute breaks or until the job's done. Building stuff can be addictive and, once you realise it'll only happen if you do it, you tend to get on with. And not mind being knackered either – bonus!

The OP (Paul – good work fella) is sadly incorrect about the prize draw though. It has happened but I haven't announced the winners yet :hugely embarassed: Yet another job to do …..

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

It's not about the winning, but the taking part!…..
    However, Did I win anything? 😉

Expires 31.3.10 – isn't that a 8 month pass??

The title says I got a free Dalby 1 year pass, I didn't actually say when I got the pass. 😉

Northwind

That's a good idea, all I get for trailbuilding at glentress is free parking for the car I don't own 😉

abductee
    Free Member

Thanks for the free pass it will save me a lot of digging. Can you tell me the dimensions so I can print it to scale 🙂

runs away

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘I got a free Dalby 1 year Pass – you can have one too!’ is closed to new replies.