Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I get to vote for the next PM (unlike most of you lot)!
  • aracer
    Free Member

Maybe.

Have to admit I never expected to get to vote on the leader of the Labour party.

eldridge
    Free Member

Eh?

midlifecrashes

Union?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Union?

Yeah they let anyone join them these days. I'm glad you've been paying your political levy aracer – despite being a rabid Tory.

Of course there might not be any election at all…..last time the Stalinist clique who control New Labour, made certain there was a change of leader without one.

aracer
    Free Member

I'm glad you've been paying your political levy aracer

Well I've not chosen not to pay it, so I presume that means I am – hadn't realised before reading up on this that there was an option. An oversight I'll make sure to correct once I've done my democratic duty 😉

I'll have you know I don't even froth at the mouth any more though.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I've not chosen not to pay it, so I presume that means I am – hadn't realised before reading up on this that there was an option.

LOL ! Brilliant !

And good for you for coming on here and admitting that you're a plonker !
    ……. I did wonder why you had been paying your political levy ! 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Of course it's always possible I did opt out and it's just my memory which is going…

Talkemada
    Free Member

Well, I voted for my local Member of Parliament, not for who is going to be PM….

So, you're not actually voting for who gets to be PM, but the leader of a political party.

Same, but different….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Is the political levy not an opt in?

aracer
    Free Member

Is the political levy not an opt in?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE6495FP20100510 would suggest otherwise.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can't help thinking that someone like you should have sorted out the question of you being an affiliated member of the Labour Party earlier aracer

…..how sloppy of you 😀

aracer
    Free Member

False alarm. I'm stupid enough to not be able to read properly which unions are affiliated to Labour and post a thread about it, but not quite stupid enough to pay a political levy to them.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Im with TJ, pretty sure the politcal levy is an opt in with union membership.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I checked – it is opt out. Not as I remembered.

I will get a vote as a political levy paying union member if there is a contest

uplink
    Free Member

I've got 2 votes 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

but not quite stupid enough to pay a political levy to them

Well finding out whether or not a trade union is affiliated to the Labour Party is hardly a difficult task. So if you didn't know that, what makes you think you would have known whether or not you were paying your political levy ?

I've got 2 votes

I take it that you are an individual member of the Labour and an affiliated member ?

…….or are you an MP ? 😯

Or one of these dodgy characters who joins 2 unions ? 😕

bartat
    Free Member

and there was me thinking you were a LibDem

uplink
    Free Member

Or one of these dodgy characters who joins 2 unions ?

there's no pulling the wool over your eyes 🙂

2 unions it is – one I paid up for the year last Dec, the other I've joined in order to be a part of the same union where I'm working now

I wonder if the first one will give me a refund?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I get to vote for the next PM (unlike most of you lot)!’ is closed to new replies.