Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I frickin LOVE biking
  • big_scot_nanny

Look, a Rainbow.. do me on it! 🙂

Sorry, I know I have posted these kind of things occasionally over the years. But my goodness I love mountain biking.

This morning was not a big ride, just an hour hooning round local woods loop, but, in no particular order of awesomeness:
    a) My ruptured disc in my back is now completely better – jumping etc no problem.
    b) generally felt great and full of health, don’t think I raised, or put my bum on, the saddle for the whole ride
    c) everything on the bike, and my helmet, shoes, sunnies, clothing were all spot on (really like Julbo zebras)
    d) Trails just phenomenal. Super dry after weeks of hot hot hot (in CH), but a tiny bit of rain the other day has made them tacky perfection
    e) Summer woods, early morning light slanting through leaves, lovely
    f) mentally just feeling ‘on it’

That is all, had to share, happy happy man this morning, trying to keep that feeling going as the trials and tribulations of work try to crowd it out!

Have a great day y’all!

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

😀

Stevet1
    Free Member

You’ll get no argument from me, love days like that when everything aligns. Makes it all worthwhile.

matt_outandabout

*like*

My commute was similar. 8)

Sadly, the family are lapping Carron Valley without me, while I push pixels round a screen. 😕

saxabar
    Free Member

🙂

Similar morning: cleaned a techy descent without dabbing so went back up and did again; found trail that joins up two pieces of trail on local hill; DH trails empty and running tacky sweet. Now to get on with some work!

big_scot_nanny

Spread the love people. Awesome!

dannyh
    Free Member

It must be catching. Had a top ride last night with the regular group, then drained two pints of Woodfordes Wherry in double-quick time whilst generally shooting the breeze. I felt as good as I have on the bike for a long time, and really enjoyed hooning around – nearly over-cooked it three or four times, but reflexes saved me. Went home – had a quick shower and a bowl of homemade pasta Bolognese. I could not keep the smile off of my face and was absolutely buzzing until I finally managed to go to sleep.

As with you, I am trying to keep this level of contentment up as work seeks to grind me down again.

I’m even looking forward to a bit of rain at the weekend – it is usually post-Xmas when the novelty wears off for me.

It is a true-ism, but one I really try to not forget. In ten years of riding I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I have gone out for a ride and not enjoyed it. On the other hand, there have been more occasions where I have found an excuse (weather / bit of a sniffle / too much work to do) and not gone out – only to sit and beat myself up about it.

Keep on chooglin (as Creedence once said).

grannyjone
    Free Member

Whether I enjoy a ride or not nearly always comes down to my health. If my knees and back aren’t hurting on the climbs then it’s great. But any aches and pains really do ruin it.

Also depends on the mechanical condition of the bike as mechanical problems can also ruin it.

If my health and the condition of the bike are not giving me any grief then the ride is great.

teasel
    Free Member

Agree!

Awoke about 4am on Saturday and couldn’t get back to sleep. Cue road ride through the wooded back roads as the sun rises and silhouettes the trees in misty glory. Not another soul for the entire ride. Beat myself up on the way back down to home but still felt ace.

Same solitude on Wednesday’s off road blast that had me rabbiting about it to the OH like an over-excited kid ad nauseam.

There’s some slight drizzle around these parts right now and after the next coffee I’m off again for another road blast.

Love it.

jekkyl

I’m with you Op. some rides are just awesome, I get such a high from riding. I love the rides where you ask your body for more and it gives it, it’s there and you can put the pedal down and spank along through the lanes. I feel mournful when I get the to the end of a ride, like to cruise the last mile just feeling sad it’s coming to an end but happy that it’s been such a great ride.

teasel
    Free Member

Amen, brother.

I love the rides where you ask your body for more and it gives it, it’s there and you can put the pedal down and spank along through the lanes.

I’m hoping for one of those in a few mins…

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I love it when a ride comes together.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I frickin LOVE biking’ is closed to new replies.