Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • I found the bits from my Stolen bike on Ebay!!!
  • deluded
    Free Member

Bregante,

Probably worth making the point as well that eBay themselves have come on too, in terms of providing information in a time frame that empowers us to do something. Their processes going back 18 months to 2 years ago when I was acting on a Priority Crime Team was not the fastest turnaround TBH – far from it. Often victims would see it as police failings – when quite frankly it wasn’t.

smiff
    Free Member

oooh nice spot, keep us updated.

small time crook. some dvds, a book, 100% feedback, then bam, flamejob’s bike.
    i would hope this is enough for the police to go with, he could have multiple accounts, could be part of something bigger.. probably not though.

been treating the girlfriend too i see, on the proceeds. and pimping his car (a peugeot). classic.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Smiff the sniff, I like your style.

flamejob
    Free Member

Thanks for the support guys.

I am actually a bit distracted at the moment. So much so that I went and joined the tribe.

Tip: Don’t drive through the desert the day after visiting the Yeti factory and the week after having your bike nicked, then visit a cool Moab bike shop. I must look like a right “all the gear no idea”.

We are on the case and the cops seem pretty interested. They asked for a list and I gave them a pretty exhaustive one, including the fact the cranks are actually Touring ones, and loads of other inanely dull facts about every single part.

flamejob
    Free Member

Parts found, bozo arrested.

So far the cops have most of the bits and can probably recover the fork and Seatpost.

Score. Well done Met cops.

Its 3AM here and I am sleep deprived from driving all yesterday (I also went for a sneaky ride near Vail on the way to Denver)

wwaswas

Result 🙂

*bookmarks for next ‘cops never do anything’ misery post that comes up on a stolen bike thread*

yunki
    Free Member

badda bing badda boom

andyl
    Free Member

Fantastic!

I have the guys listings open on my PC now watching them in frustration that someone might be buying bits of your bike and nothing was going to happen in time.

So have the fork and seatpost already been sold? Are they getting the buyers details from ebay?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Parts found, bozo arrested

Yay!!!

ski
    Free Member

nice one

check out his feedback

Prison Break – Series 3 – Complete (DVD)

Might come in handy that 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice one.

Now go and see if you can take that Yeti back quick!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bish bash bosh. 🙂

Well done Flamejob!

On a slightly lighter note, we’re currently plannig a holiday that sounds very similar to yours, Denver etc, let us know how it goes, will you? I’d be well interested 🙂

duckman

Well done the police; anybody want a nice cuppa with their slice of pie? 😀
    I hope you get the rest of it back.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Great news. Really chuffed for you flamejob. Good on the old bill for getting in there. There are so many frustrating stories similar to this one, its nice to hear a success story once in a while.

leffeboy

applauds police 🙂

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Nice work! Well done – a great result.

Just for everyones info, the Met (and most other forces) certainly do watch out for these sorts of things; anything you can do to help make their jobs easier, the better.

I’d love for my old Zesty to reappear in the same way one day…

andyl
    Free Member

It is good to see the Police now acting very quickly on ebay goods.

tbh ebay is a very good way to catch them as the goods are nicely catalogued with pictures along with previous sales, the owner can find the goods themselves and the person has details on their account that even if not completely accurate can normally allow them to be traced somehow.

sbob
    Free Member

Excellent news. 😀

matt_outandabout

8)

footflaps

Congrats!

DrP

Yay – no longer ‘partylondon’ in his house!

DrP

D0NK

awesome result, I had a look on ebay, was sickening to see alomst the entire bike stripped and on sale in bits (and it wasn’t even my bike)

Glad to hear you should be sorted now.

tomaso
    Free Member

In case the courts don’t go to town you just need to get a photo of him and produce a similar poster to your nicked one saying he is a paedophile and stick up up around his neighbourhood to ensure he gets some natural justice.

Enjoy the Yeti in Moab

T

flamejob
    Free Member

Great eh chaps?

I do feel like some kind of total nerd for being able to describe every tiny scratch and alteration on the parts. That’s kinda weird. Incidentally the fork is a TALAS RC so someone got a pleasant surprise when their fork was delivered. I wonder why they listed it as a VAN? It even has TALAS on the stickers.

Maybe the mag should do a feature on the lovely Detective that did all the good work. I had his details because a friend (unknowingly) bought a stolen titanium Brompton on eBay and had to give it back. DC involved was really respectful, friendly and helpful.

PP maybe mail me, I have all the info on this area and the trip over to Utah.

Anyone want to buy a SB66? 😉

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

TopJob!

Who’s getting them in then!?

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Result!

Good to see the police have hopefully upped their over the past couple of years with this sort of stuff

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘I found the bits from my Stolen bike on Ebay!!!’ is closed to new replies.