Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I. F'ing. Love. mtbing!
  • big_scot_nanny

You know when you have one of those really brilliant rides when it all comes together?

That was last night. Big wheeze to ge to the top of the Gempen (here in Basel), humid and hot so sweating like a pig, at the top it was a gorgeous evening, you could just see the alps in the dsitance, throw in random rainbows that danced over the landscape through showers and it was reallty beautiful.

Then, about 40 minutes of singletarack, mostly downhill loveliness. You know those nights when it all just clicks? Trail, bike, fat bloke all in perfect harmony? It was fooking fan-bloody-tastic all the way down.

Trails in gempen are also rather flattering, but the drops were all popped off and landed beautifully, corners carved with nice body postiion, heels down attack on the rocky rooty gnar. etc etc.

Just. Bloody. Amazing. A fair bit of thanks to mates for making it fun, and also to you guys on this forum for tech tips, riding tips and genenral banter.

Bring on passportes 11 days!

I am fat bloke on right, Neil middle and Huey with embarassing “it’s sweat, honest” stains on his shorts. nice wee rainbow over Huey’s shoulder.

Cheers all, this sport really is one of life’s highs.

Kev

dave360

yeah good innit

alfabus
    Free Member

+1

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    z1ppy

Bejesus you bunch of sweaty betty’s, t’is good fun though.

RHSno2
    Free Member

I concur

DezB
    Free Member

Yesh, tis why we’re all here!

Hope your left hand heals quick 😉

big_scot_nanny

RHSno2 – Member
    I concur

That we are all sweaty betty’s? 😉 deffo!

It was humid, and it’s a long drag uphill before the awesome down, so I managed to get through 2 litres of isotonic in the bladder, a 750ml bottle of gatoraide from a garage on the long ride home and about 3 pints of water before bed. Still got rather dark piss this morning!

**** it was great last night, still buzzing!

Hope you are all finding you’re mojo out there on the trails.

Kev

pistonbroke
    Free Member

stains on his shorts. nice wee rainbow over Huey’s shoulder.

Thats an impressive trick, wish I could wee in colour.

peachos
    Free Member

**** it was great last night, still buzzing!

i love THAT feeling!

big_scot_nanny

😆

If you knew Huey, nothing would surprise you!

My hand is now permanently fixed in that position to due extreme ‘rad to the power of sic’ness.

😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I. F'ing. Love. mtbing!’ is closed to new replies.