Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • I feel really down.
  • Kunstler

I’m not so sure that pointing out that some other people are in a worse physical condition is much help to someone who finds themselves in a poor emotional condition.

Absolutely.

Sharki – sounds like you’ve had some really tough things to deal with but it also sounds like you have a remarkably positive outlook to get you through. I remember you posting about your blog a while ago. I’ve had / am having my troubles too (have talked about them here as well) and I’d quite like to see your blog, if you don’t mind random internet strangers asking you such. I completely understand if you just share it with friends.

Hairychested I hope you’re feeling the STW love and you get some cheer from that.

Diane
    Free Member

Hope things look up for you HC and Project. I hate to hear people being so fed up and miserable. STW is awesome and so are you for sharing x

Hairychested
    Free Member

Just got back from the neighbour’s. Couple of drinks, some lovely meal, good company. All dandy but I still feel the need for a spin. If I had shortened the front brake hose before I went I’d be probably getting out lightless now.
    I should be out tomorrow. my daughter is feeling better, my wife wants me to go out for a spin, I already have a brake working. Having two will negate all the excuses I could possibly come up with.
    Guys, you can’t possible imagine how invaluable your words are. I know there are people much worse off than me, I’m just a miserable sod who’s not feeling strong at the moment.
    Gonna be off now, my little Vicky asked for a cuddle. Nothing stands between me and that, cheerio!

mamadirt
    Free Member

iDave posted a Marcus Aurelius quote a couple of days ago which, certainly for me, put all the worry of my current work situation completely into perspective – thanks 🙂

Definitely worth posting again and hopefully it will be of help to someone out there . . .

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment. Choose not to be harmed and you won’t feel harmed.”

Take care . . .

Frankenstein
    Free Member

(Sends an Christmas Hug)

shooterman

Carlingford in particular is spectacular. I find walking in the mountains around there the best stress buster available.

There is far too much pressure put on people around Christmas. I can only say, give things time. Everything passes sooner or later.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Indeed, Carlingford is beyond spectacular. Sea and hills, cafes and pubs, great little eateries and shops, reasonable rent if you could find work there. I’ve been trying to find a job there, no luck as yet.
    Thanks a million, you lovely people. You’ve given me a massive lift, you really have. Unless something daft/important happens later in the day, I’ll be out on a bike. I need to prove to the missus I really need those new Swampthings. I reckon if my wheels bring a few pounds of the finest local mud she’ll get the message.

sharki
    Free Member

Sorry to thread snipe
    Kunster. A link is on my profle. It’s not therapy, it’s just my journal from a wander.

HC. Sounds like a stunning place you live near.
    Embrace and don’t justify having new tyres, tell her it’s them or the sexy neighbour!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Sharki, I’ve just taken the liberty of reading your blog and I’m astounded. The way you write, the things you write about, you’re very good. I can’t criticise in any expert-like fashion, all I know is you get the message across really well. Or at least I like it. I’ve bookmarked it, will come back many a time. Your writing is like the ST article by Binners, therapeutic.
    My wife just got up, relaxed from all those drinks she had last night and asked if we could go for a walk. I suggested going to the beach, she said yes. Not the shops, not the sales, the beach. I’m surprised but I like pleasant surprises. The bike ride after lunch, no argument there. And it’s much warmer than yesterday so even without changing the brakes I can do it. The SLX’s work fine when it’s above zero.
    Given your suggestion tyres or the neighbour I’d’ve said the neighbour but… I met her sister. Only The Ashes could keep me away from, well, you know, wondering what would’ve happened had I not been married/involved. Typical blokey stuff but, by George, she’s a mighty fine-looking young lady (and a brunette too). Cold shower is needed here 🙂
    I’ve decided to stop worrying about the future. Don’t really know if that’s possible but will try. Knee pads, new tyres, heck it off to the Mourne Mountains sooner than later. Another load of CV’s to post, another load of application forms to fill in. Something will happen, I’m sure.
    BTW Who’s to contact regarding the SSWC? I did actually think about helping somehow, but have no idea how. If it’s you, whoever you are, PM me here or via Facebook (look for my nick – same as here). Can’t promise anything, not before we’ve talked.
    Mamadirt, thanks for your thoughts and the iDave’s Roman ones too. Might end up on the wall here in the study. My old teacher of English had Shakespeare poetry on the loo’s walls. It doesn’t compare to the STW wisdom, does it?

Kunstler

Hairychested, I’m glad to hear you’re looking forward to your day. I hope you enjoy it.

Sharki, I’m reading your blog and it’s got all kinds of thoughts racing through my head. If it’s okay, I might email you when I’ve finished reading and have some time to shape the thoughts ricocheting around what has mostly been vacant space. Your blog is very good reading.

sharki
    Free Member

Thanks Hairy.
    Blimin’ hard work trying to put thoughts into words though.

And great to see a positive day for you.
    And that new outlook. Keep it.
    Kunstler. Ask away.
    Though if i’m honest, it’s a little worrying what you may ask me.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Didn’t go for a ride today. The beach took all the energy I had but no complaints. The time there with my girls, both of them, was worth far more than any bike ride ever. We drove off road, walked across the dunes, collected large sea shells from the beach, walked back, more off road driving (in a moment somebody will be telling me my 406 isn’t suitable but I don’t care, gentle off road and plenty of spins so my daughter is happy), back home for a lovely fish. Than a nap, some Tom & Jerry with Vicky, coffee with the wife, scrumptious Viennese cheescake and home made ice cream. Now it’s a pizza time. The bike will happen tomorrow, very likely.
    I’m not overly happy, serious thoughts still linger, they take time to deal with, but at th basic level it has been a grand old day. Sharki, you know the bit when you slept in the cave by the beach? The bedrock was angled, uncomfortable and cold but overall it was fine? Kinda same here.
    Thanks for all the warm thoughts, everybody.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

There are some fantastic people on these forums. More beautiful human life.

Happy days!

juan
    Free Member

Hi there,
    sorry to hear you feel sad on Xmas but as many have said, it comes with the territory.
    I can fully understand you as on the very first day of the next year it will be one year that I am useless to the society.
    I have decided to stay here because I love my GF and she can’t move (kid not mine and kid’s dad being a “insert your favourite swear word here”) but it’s getting tough. Each CV I send or each interview I go to is met with a negative reply. I even try to get a 3 month position on an outdoor sport shop, but apparently having work for the franchise before, being a pro-efficient mtbers, skiman, having spend a fair deal of time on a climbing wall and being trilingual is enough :(. So I really know how you feel job wise.
    Got told by the sister that I don’t know how to dress, probably don’t know how to write an application letter and told that I don’t know how to manage kids (family he, as her being the favourite offspring wasn’t enough). As the others have said, the hardest part is trying to be positive. I know it sounds very hard but once you get to the 2nd of January it all gets much better in my opinion. You have all my sympathy. Feel free to drop me a line if you want. I am stranded on the other side of the continent, but I could try my best to help you.
    Keep your chin up mate. As far as you can put a pedal stroke after another hope will always be here…

Hairychested
    Free Member

Juan, comparing my situation with yours shows how insignificant mine are.
    Had a chat with the wife, she didn’t tell me she was ill as she didn’t want to worry me. It explains a lot, time to look after her.
    My daughter is getting really better, headaches related to her are virtually gone too.
    I went for another walk, tried some shoes and suits, realised I had better clothes than the exclusive shop. A nice cup of coffee and some cheesecake later I was almost fine.
    May I just say, without you lot I’d be deep in brown stuff AKA my own thoughts. As things are, I feel pretty good, decided what I’ll do and why. If needed I’ll ask for help. If I can help anybody my email is in the profile.
    Biking with a mate tomorrow morning, life is good!

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘I feel really down.’ is closed to new replies.