Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • I feel I need one of these…
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY11NZsCh0w[/video]

but I’d probably end up shredding everything I own!

Still think I want one though!

glupton1976
    Free Member

Aye, but will it blend?

redthunder
    Free Member

I want +1

I would like a safety hopper of some kind though . The demonstrators hands get a bit close sometimes 😯

muckytee
    Free Member

Girlfriend cheated on you – put her stuff in that. That’ll teach her, and cheer you up a bit.

Klunk
    Free Member

operated by Stumpy no doubt.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Will it Blend? I think it’ll shred their puny blender!

white101

Ideal for trimming those difficult fingernails

Squidlord
    Free Member

That is quite hypnotic, I think one of those would keep me happily entertained for hours.

boxfish
    Free Member

< ponders how to incorporate machine into bike theft prevention/burglar murdering device. >

flipiddy
    Free Member

Christ! That thing is an accident waiting to happen! 😯

Pretty damn impressive though 😛

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

operated by Stumpy no doubt.

Stumpy no longer wears a tie to work, these days.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

boxfish – Member
    < ponders how to incorporate machine into bike theft prevention/burglar murdering device. >

No Mr Bond I expect you to dieeeeeeeee

white101

I seem to recall there was a few on Ebay for sale when the news of the world was shut down, ex office equipment 😉
    I was outbid by HouseofcommonsMP123 he was a powerbuyer of that kinda stuff

Klunk
    Free Member

do you think HSE would allow one at a council waste unit ?

lunge

I REALLY want one of those.

tazzymtb

looks the internals of most standard double shaft waste macerators like vecoplan etc… have seen a very bad accident with one involving someone trying to clear a “bridged load” whilst it was still operational.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Saw a medical emergecy type program, where a guy got his ponytail trapped in a machine similar to that.

You can guess how it ended.

JoeG
    Free Member

They are often used on the intake of sewage treatment plants.

That is reason for the demonstration of it shredding numerous female sanitary products…

singlecrack
    Free Member

Gangsters friend that ….

barkit
    Free Member

What if two of those get into contact, do they blend each other?

maccruiskeen

Saw a medical emergecy type program, where a guy got his ponytail trapped in a machine similar to that.

You can guess how it ended.

Are you sure it was a medical emergency programme? Sounds more like a make-over show to me. 🙂

Anyway that one in the OP is just a baby one

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPDLX0koXFs[/video]

somafunk

My fathers got some impressive looking vids of such shredding equipment on his phone (welder/engineer/fabricator type person) in various sizes from small sewage treatment plants as above through to some the size of a small truck that could shred an entire car in seconds very easily that are in industrial shredding plants he’s worked on – they’re horrendous to watch and you can’t help but imagine what would they do to a human being if they fell in, i know it’s a morbid and rather weird thought to have but you can’t help it and even whilst watching the videos i tend to stick my hands in my pockets out of the way.

They give me the heebie jeebies.

sweepy
    Free Member

Even the engine?

chewkw
    Free Member

Wow! I like! I am so emotional now looking at such a nice machine. Dream comes through!

I wonder what is it like to shred some maggots …

somafunk

I guess the engine wouldn’t cause it any problems as its the largest metal shredder in the world at the sims metal recycling plant in Newport, it can shred over 400 cars an hr. Fearsome and frightening yet also awesome to watch.

Grimy
    Free Member

weve got one here at work. It’s about three times the size of the one shown in the OPs video but with a great big hopper on top. There is very little it wont eat. Xmas trees, bricks, sofas, you name it. It can be jammed up if you overfill it with fabric though. I used to have to climb in and clear it. Needless to say id tripple checked I’d locked it off at the isolator, pulled the breakers, and removed the motor contactors from the control cabinet before I even considered going near it. Even then it gave me the willies.

IanW
    Free Member

Shred of the Month!! Now my third favourite website.

somafunk

I dislike the shredders with an unreasonable amount of fear, or perhaps knowing what they can do to a car it is an entirely reasonable amount of fear to have?.

I have a Kitchen Aid Artisan Burr Grinder for my coffee beans and it is impossible to wedge my fingers down into the grinding mechanism as i tried when it was switched off and unplugged just to make sure, if it gets blocked with beans i will take a wooden coffee stirrer and waggle it about in the top hopper rather than stick my fingers in and give the beans a swirl round – this is unreasonable behaviour i agree but i cannot bring myself to place my fingers inside the hopper bowl as i imagine a horrible accident befalling me as my fingers get shredded and spat into the collection bowl below despite this not being possible.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Even the engine?

It would seem so….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rabJ5gDRCoE[/video]

somafunk

That’s only a 120HP engine in the shredder video, the one in Wales has near enough 10,000 HP if I remember correctly…Eeeek! 😯

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘I feel I need one of these…’ is closed to new replies.