Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I fancy one of these
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

Just when you think everything is done you find something you like (the dark blue one) 😆

Might have to have a bit of a sale to fund it

meehaja
    Free Member

nice, but nothing special?

RealMan
    Free Member

Pretty boring lugs.

chewkw
    Free Member

Not even disc compatible … 🙄

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Retro’s a bit last year…

coogan
    Free Member

Looks like any other old road bike.

clubber
    Free Member

Really don’t get the attraction. That just looks like a 531 frame I have from 15 years ago which wasn’t really anything special then either.

MrSmith
    Free Member

quill stem?
    bikes have moved on a bit now.

iain1775
    Free Member

If thats your bag then be better off with a Mercian

oldgit
    Free Member

I like them Ken. And a quill sets it off nicely, far better than some chunky knucklehead ahead stem with an entire novel printed on it’s sides..

cynic-al
    Free Member

£30 on ebay plus a respray, sorted!

rOcKeTdOg

very niceneeds retro bits though

ken_shields
    Free Member

I want to use retro looking modern components so to get the style without the “old stuff” performance issues

Clubber

15 years ago I was riding this which was good fun at the time 😀

epicyclo

Those look nicely done, but somewhat generic. You could build a neat looking bike with one of those frames.

It’s a well proven style of frame and should give a nice ride as a SS or with a 3 speed S-A hub.

I have much the same hanging up in my attic. Hate to say it, but not a patch on a Pompino as a usable all round bike though.

Unless they are built out of something like 753/853 don’t pay a premium price for them otherwise you’re just paying for a nice paint job.

ken_shields
    Free Member

It’s made out of Reynolds 531. TBH I’m not sure what the difference/benefits of te myriad of different tubing types and which are best to use for each frame part

It’ll be built up as an SS to use on sunny days for a bit of cruise 8)

http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?prod=fmlb-trinity

clubber
    Free Member

I have much the same hanging up in my attic. Hate to say it, but not a patch on a Pompino as a usable all round bike though.

And I’m off to dig mine out of my parent’s garage this weekend but only because it’ll be relatively theft proof once built up but performance wise, it’ll not be as good as something cheaper and more modern but if you really want the look, by all means, go ahead 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

singular do one that’s similar, but with moderm geometry iinm

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I fancy one of these’ is closed to new replies.