Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • I enjoyed two days in London – is this normal??
  • hora
    Free Member

This Summer I will be sat on Primrose Hill on a Saturday afternoon lazily relaxing before walking down into Camden to get thoroughly leathered.

Love London. I really do 🙂

ooOOoo
    Free Member

flats to rent near Waterloo

Never going to be cheap by the river and that central. There’s lots of places near the river that are (relatively affordable) – Surrey Quays, Smugglers Way area of Wandsworth. I think the thrill of being able to walk to the river, or even a river view would fade pretty quickly living in either of those though.

As someone who’s used to a bit of countryside (I can be up the local hill in 10 mins) I was thinking that the river must give you the biggest feeling of open space you can get in London. Apart from wimbledon common perhaps? (I was impressed to find a ‘watch out for tractors’ sign there)

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Maybe. I reckon you’re better by a park.

The location that’s made me most jealous in recent years was from the last series of Grand Designs in Brockwell Park, SW2

(BTW – the 3D view on Apple Maps is just awesome). This shows the old house – orange roof behind the church.

edit. Flickr won’t let me ebed as it’s not public but it is . ho hum. linky

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spacemonkey

London is probably the most vibrant and complex metropolitan mix of history/culture/music/art/people in the the world.

I’ve many happy memories of time spent visiting as a kid (the historical part was and is amazing) as well as working/partying as an adult.

If anyone is unsure where to go and what to do, pick up one of the little guides on Amazon for a tenner or so. There are hundreds of hidden gems to be found.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Woah yes that park does look pretty decent. Bit of space is good for the soul. There’s good parks in my town too but a ‘park’ is still not ‘countryside’. Anyway I will live my little river dream for 2 days and see how it goes.

molgrips
    Free Member

I grew up in a small country town, real countryside not city hinterland, and I loved and still love the countryside. I hated the idea of living in a city. However, having done so, I realise that I did not know what was actually going on in any city never mind London. I am still looking to move back to a small town though, but I will always look to spend time in London.

My point is, don’t knock it til you have spent a decent amount of time there and understand it.

brooess
    Free Member

If London’s rubbish, how come so many people are moving here? 😀

samuri
    Free Member

They are tired of life

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘I enjoyed two days in London – is this normal??’ is closed to new replies.