Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I don’t understand how I lost weight this week after what I did.
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Maybe I’ve found a new diet. Well if I have, there will be lots joining it…
    Tuesday
    Full breakfast courtesy of British Airways then sat on my arse all day learning things about Excel
    Drove to my sisters and ate a load of snacky thai nibbly things and a Thai curry washed it down with lots of red wine and some beer

Wednesday
    Drove to another course and sat on my arse all day there too before driving to my cousins and going out on the ale to the local pub and stuffing my face with nice real ale and a lamb shank in a chorizio & tomato sauce

Thursday
    drove to a site and got driven around it in a 4×4 then jumped in my car and drove to Heathrow where I ate a pile of noodles in Wagamamas
    Landed in Manchester and drove to a pub in the Peaks and met my mates where we celebrated my 40th birthday by drinking piles of real ale and eating massive mixed grills followed by cheese

Friday
    Full english breakfast then a 15 mile Peak district ride, skipped lunch as I was still full from the last few days

Friday afternoon ate tea in liverpool airport (pie and chips) and flew to Barcelona, had a few beers in a bar before retiring to bed

Saturday
    Coffee and a croissant, lunch was tapas tea was seafood paella and red wine and some beer and a glass of schnapps

Sunday
    coffee & criassant, lunch was a cheese and ham baguette, afternoon snack was tapas and beer, dinner was more tapas and wine

Monday
    Coffee & Croissant then I came home to a Subway 6″er then french onion soup and roasted lamb with roasted veg and a beer

Tuesday
    Sarnies in work and then pork chops with salad and a couple of beers

I’ve lost 2 KG

and here was me actually being frightened of getting on the scales!

How could I have possibly lost weight after consuming that lot?

Clearly I’ve found my diet, and I’m going to love it.

will
    Free Member

That sounds expensive.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’m guessing you could skip the travel bits to keep the price down?

ton

greedy greedy pig 😉

jimmy

obvious;

a 15 mile Peak district ride, skipped lunch as I was still full from the last few days

uplink
    Free Member

2 litres less water in your body – all the booze has dehydrated you somewhat

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Must have been the french onion soup, good healthy stuff

Gary_M
    Free Member

2kg is nothing, you could ‘lose’ that in a day – weigh yourself in the morning and again in the evening and the weight won’t be the same.

Are you sure your post about your ‘weight loss’ wasn’t just an opportunity for you to say ‘look at me, I’ve done lots of things’.

Do you keep a food diary or something, I can’t remember what I ate yesterday never mind last week.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

2kg of fat loss is equivalent to a net energy loss of 18000 calories (fat is 9 calories per gramme). So my money is on a 2 litre water loss. Ergo, you haven’t lost weight, you are dehydrated.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Fat club week 1;
    lost 6lb just by cutting out crap (between meal snacking) and bread (i.e. no toast with cereal, no bread with soup, no garlic bread/nann/etc with dinner)!

Still had 3 BBQs, and an almighty pissup on saturday night.

Excercise: walk of shame on sunday monring.

Fat club week 2;
    lost 2lb, same diet, still getting pissed, no walk of shame, swiming 4 times, 1lb of chocolate!

Maybe we’re onto something? I told myself it was dehydration, and i’d probably not ‘lose’ anything this week after the first 6lb. But 8lb of dehydration? And its the same mid week so not just that i could be dehydrated after a weekend pissup.

Marge
    Free Member

Your airline food has probably given you some horrific flesh eating bug that is slowly consuming you?

avdave2

diabetes

duntmatter
    Free Member

Was it a 2-flusher?

zaskar
    Free Member

No controls whatsoever.

Weighed at the same time of day?

Before or after a meal/drink?

Your body loses water when you sleep too.

Look in the mirror and tell us you look great instead!

Well as long as you’re happy CoolhandLuke and getting in shape-everyone is unique.

miketually
    Free Member

Muscle wastage and dehydration. Weight loss is not the be-all and end-all.

A friend spent several weeks working odd hours, from home, on a programming project with people from all over the world. He lost weight, but his waist measurement went up…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I don’t understand how I lost weight this week after what I did.’ is closed to new replies.