Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • I don’t suppose I have a leg to stand on….
  • ourmaninthenorth

BD – a friend has just got the axe from A&O. He’s Welsh. Do you think that line could work for him?

molgrips
    Free Member

Tyger – that is the result of us having the weakest legal protection for workers in Europe.

That has advantages and disadvantages. Ask Sarkozy about it. He (and a great number of French businessmen) think that the French laws that protect the workforce are damaging their economy. It’s apparently virtually impossible to be fired in France so you can get away with doing bugger all and being a liability to the company without any threat of recrimination.

Not a great recipe for productivity is it?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I was made redundent a day after my 40th birthday. Do you think I could claim ageism?

richc
    Free Member

Like TJ said, if you aren’t a member of a Union you are just one tiny voice, if you are a member of a Union then you are millions of voices.

Basically, its the legal minimum for a reason, you just have to bend over and take it. If you had joined a union years ago they could have fought this, however the horse has bolted so its a bit late to be looking at the door and its condition.

Yes its shit 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘I don’t suppose I have a leg to stand on….’ is closed to new replies.