Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • I don't know what I want for Christmas – please write me a list
  • OrmanCheep
    Free Member

My brothers and parents and in-laws are all asking what I want for Christmas, and I can’t think of a single thing.
    I had my birthday last week, and got some nice whiskys, a panettone, some chutnies and hat / gloves / wellies.

Just can’t think that I want anything else.

Anyone got any super smashing ideas that I might like? Less than £30 bracket. I like cooking / camping / walking / rugby but am severely lacking in imagination.

In fact, we could let this thread be the repository of cool Christmas present ideas for all to share (if there isn’t one already).

Kevevs
    Free Member

fleshlight. As you have everything, why not ask them to donate to a charity of your choice. Or maybe get more whisky. From what I read on here a big collection of expensive whisky is important.

Jamie
    Free Member

fleshlight

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

Just googled. Amazing, they even do a shower mount.
    I’ll ask the mother-in-law

Kevevs
    Free Member

get something fun like a Grizzly Bear suit. then you can put the heating off and just dress like a bear and mooch about the house making cups of tea, perusing interwebs, etc. I reckon even the psychological impact of Dressing Like a Bear will up your core temperature a degree or two. I know this shit cos I watch Channel 5. They may not have made a factual programme about this yet, it’s just a matter of time though. Dressing like a bear will be the new thing after the mayan apocalyse.

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

Good work Kevevs, made me chuckle

Kevevs
    Free Member

oh yes indeed, I want one anyway!

yunki
    Free Member

maccruiskeen

A bonzai tree, a tiny axe and miniature sawmill. You can then make your own matchsticks and use them to build a working model of tower bridge

robowns
    Free Member

Are you in to riding bikes?

Kevevs
    Free Member

That’s a bit more serious Yunki, I think you have to graduate from the fun comedy suit to the proper A1 Grizzly suit over a few winters. Got to quit your job and do a bit of hibernating to get to that level of grizzlyness. Or get made redudndant. How many grown men, that have been made redundant are now sat at home in a full serious grizzly outfit? There should be stats and charts in The Guardian at least…

yunki
    Free Member

**** your shit I’m in a bear suit

I’m going to start peering into peoples houses at night to check.. It’s definitely worth looking into as a lifestyle choice for later life I think Kevevs.. you’ve certainly sowed a seed in my mind..

On a related note, my wee brother randomly scored me one of these starter kits about 15 years ago.. I’ve still not gotten around to learning it (too many complaints) but one of my all-time favourite gifts..
    I bet that if I was a bear no-one would **** complain..

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

Inspired, Maccruiskeen. Although looks dangerous.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwegG4ZGxY4[/video]

Murray

World peace? Failing that new socks (merino).

Kevevs
    Free Member

how much was the harp Yunki? might buy one for myself!

yunki
    Free Member

£33 for the big river harp kit according to google and tha’

probably easier to get gigs if your wearing your redundancy serious **** bear suit too, with the novelty factor and all.. once you’ve got your fur all funky smelling and soaked in booze and piss you’ll start to feel like a real bluesman..
    like John Belushi reincarnated as a bear.. you’d have to play some grizzly upbeat **** harp to pull that lifestyle off.. That’s what I’d be doing if I got made redundant..
    maybe the big river kit isn’t the right place to start..

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

It’s official, there is nothing that can’t be found on the internet.

Kevevs
    Free Member

oh yess I’m a feeling some grizzly bearsuit/big river harp blues combo lol! now that would be a xmas present. Brilliant 😀 Yunki, unfortunately for you your brain functions like mine haha!

There you go OP, you ask, and STW gives.

yunki
    Free Member

good team effort 😀

ampthill

pasta maker

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

I got a pasta maker last year. I like it, but have only used it twice.

Now a pastie maker, there’s a thought!

globalti
    Free Member

100 Best Road Climbs book.

Malt wkisky.

Overshoes.

Buff.

Mag subsciption.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Cant go wrong with tools. Not just bike specific but just tools.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

+1 Mag subscription
    Yoga DVDs.Good winter exercise.
    CDs to train to on your bike.
    Set of gels/bars/tablets for the summer(If we ever get one).
    Hat scarf and glove set.
    Muc of cleaning kit.

tomhoward

Lottery tickets?

user-removed
    Free Member

Surely a remote-controlled helicopter and a mini conveyor-belt is an STW must have present?

jekkyl

coffee machine.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘I don't know what I want for Christmas – please write me a list’ is closed to new replies.