Viewing 19 posts - 201 through 219 (of 219 total)
  • I don't give way to BMW's…shame me!
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

“I stick to an indicated 80, roughly 74-75 on motorways”
    Yeah, we are in the presence of a driving god who knows better. There is a law, stick to it please.
    Amusing isn’t it? Slagging others off and admitting to being an unacceptable driver in the same post. 🙄

funkmasterp

Whose God?

The driving God

Sandwich

Whose God?

Ganesh or Baal?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Say what you like, all stereotypes have an element of truth. Thats how they come to exist.

onandon
    Free Member

Like brits being aggressive and ignorant.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Yeah, we are in the presence of a driving god who knows better. There is a law, stick to it please.
    Amusing isn’t it? Slagging others off and admitting to being an unacceptable driver in the same post.

I’m with The Count. Better to be driving over the speed limit, concentrating and fully aware of what is happening ahead, behind and alongside you than bimbling along at 65, oblivious to your surroundings.
    Be sure to flash him for at least 30 seconds as he dares to overtake you…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Deciding which one of the two drivers driving badly is the least dangerous is stupid as driving within the law and paying attention is the best option

If you want to risk your own life **** of to the track where you can show how awesome / attentive you are

funkmasterp

^^my sentiments exactly. Nothing worse than awesome drivers. I don’t care how good you are, you’re sharing the road with a whole host of other, unpredictable people.

Like brits being aggressive and ignorant.

Overly polite and showing humour in the face of adversity are the British stereotypes I’m aware of. Saddens me somewhat if the above is true beyond the football crowd

mjsmke

You can get points for that on a lot of motorways now.

I just stick to 70mph in a 70mph zone. I was on a long journey a couple of years ago with a lot of stuff in the car and rack. A mate with me kept saying “speed up speed up”. “Get past that car, get past this car”. No, sorry its my licence and i kinda need it. The top speed in my car is apparently 127mph. Why on earth is that necessary on UK roads.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Overly polite and showing humour in the face of adversity are the British stereotypes I’m aware of. Saddens me somewhat if the above is true beyond the football crowd

Times have changed.

Kryton57

Times have changed.

British diplomacy has given way to aggressive competitive disorder. Everyone needs to do everything quickly, and be front of someone else doing it. Woe betide you if you get in the way of that…

sbob
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member

Whose God?

Monty Python’s.

And I do look like Jesus.

funkmasterp

Everyone needs to do everything quickly, and be front of someone else doing it. Woe betide you if you get in the way of that…

That explains the driving then.

TiRed

I’ve had a Skoda Citigo 35mph over the motorway speed limit

I’ve had my Renault Twingo 50 mph over the limit on a deserted road in the middle of the night, obviously. I also get lots of approving thumbs up from other Renault drivers. I also like to drop Audis.

Keeping teen2 to the speed limit on his L plates is another matter 🙄

Poopscoop

I dropped an E bike (barely) in the agila once. 😉

CountZero

body coloured bumpers? Do me a favour, Ruby Wax

That might be a valid point, if it wasn’t for the fact that pretty much every car made for the last twenty – twenty-five years has had body-coloured bumpers, because theyre all painted plastic, not chromed steel!

giantalkali
    Free Member

That might be a valid point, if it wasn’t for the fact that pretty much every car made for the last twenty – twenty-five years has had body-coloured bumpers, because theyre all painted plastic, not chromed steel!

Just because it’s popular doesn’t make it a sensible choice. If a neighbour’s bin fell on my leased BMW and it had plastic grey bumpers then I’d not be too fussed

taxi25
    Free Member

If a neighbour’s bin fell on my leased BMW and it had plastic grey bumpers then I’d not be too fussed

If I had to guess, I’d say painted plastic bumbers are responsible for at least 10% on all our insurance premiums 🙁

wiggles
    Free Member

Couldnt be bothered reading the whole thread….

But taxis? why are they allowed to use bus lanes? why does someone paying someone else to drive them around get priority over someone driving themselves? buses sure they have more people on etc but taxis?

I treat everyone in every car as a **** that way you just expect them to do something stupid/dangerous then its a nice surprise when they dont for once.

I have a neat feature on my car to prevent people getting too close, if I dip the clutch and rev it to 7-8k then let go it shoots flames at whoever is behind me 😆

Viewing 19 posts - 201 through 219 (of 219 total)

The topic ‘I don't give way to BMW's…shame me!’ is closed to new replies.