Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 219 total)
  • I don't give way to BMW's…shame me!
  • surfer
    Free Member

You seem to feel its ok to be rude and obnoxious

for not giving way?

Poopscoop

Kryton57 – Member
    Blimey, you got cut up by an agila today I take it?
    No I just read your post. You seem to feel its ok to be rude and obnoxious, or not offer any assistance to anybody based on the make of their vehicle.

Doesn’t paint you in a particularly good light does it, but thats all I have to go on.

You had a hard day in another thread by any chance? 🙂

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of BMWs as company cars. The indicator arms work in a weird way and are very infuriating. made me wonder if people who have them long term just give up using indicators out of anger.

Poopscoop

bearnecessities – Member
    Click me to make the thread explode

Feel the need to call up the infantry bear? Bless your little cottons… 😉

Kryton57

You had a hard day in another thread by any chance?

No. I think I’ve explained, its you – not me. Good luck with the rest of your winding up.

ttfn

martinhutch

Click me to make the thread explode

I knew what it was….

and still clicked it. 🙂

pk13

my old bug Is ace it’s like being royalty on the road. the camper is fine until you get near the coast then everyone cuts you up drives up your arse ect as they get fed up seeing them I guess.

Poopscoop

Kryton57 – Member
    You had a hard day in another thread by any chance?
    No. I think I’ve explained, its you – not me.

ttfn

No, really, it’s you.

ttfn (and big hugs hunni) 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

I clicked it 15 times just for funsies

martinhutch

TBH, I wouldn’t cut up an Agila. I’d assume the occupant had already given up on life and offer them a sympathetic wave.

Poopscoop

pk13 – Member
    my old bug Is ace it’s like being royalty on the road. the camper is fine until you get near the coast then everyone cuts you up drives up your arse ect as they get fed up seeing them I guess.

Guessing you mean the West Coast?

Don’t see many down here in the SE at all. Love seeing them on trips to Cornwall though on family camping trips.

Poopscoop

martinhutch – Member
    TBH, I wouldn’t cut up an Agila. I’d assume the occupant had already given up on life and offer them a sympathetic wave.

That was you!?

martinhutch

You do know that 15 clicks commits you to a three year lease on a Hyundai i10?

#prayforperchy

perchypanther
    Free Member

See you in court Ling 😉

Poopscoop

perchypanther – Member

The count down begins…

Gifageddon. 😀

Kryton57
    Poopscoop

perchypanther – Member
    See you in court Ling

Happy times. There is a story to tell on that one but…. I can’t. 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve owned 5series estates and can categorically state no matter how well or safe you drive, there is always another 22 Beemers up your chuff or pulling out indiscriminately or sulking in the drivers seat.

Buy a hybrid, the nicest people drive hybrids.

Though, have to say, around here people really do not like you driving the speed limits… if you watch them in your rear view mirror they’re apoplectic and in total rage, bit like watching a pork chop in a blender.

Tosserz 😆

Cougar

Must be different in other parts of the country, but round here shit driving isn’t specific to any particular make of car.

Round here, the vast majority of utterly shit driving I see daily is from drivers of cars that say “MAX Taxis” in big letters down the side. I swear they don’t have a licence between them.

I hod one road-rager yesterday, my crimes were to merge with traffic in front of him despite him speeding up to try and box me out, and then later driving slowly behind a cyclist for about 50 yards rather than pass inches from them or throw myself into oncoming traffic. Sitting at on-tow distance behind me, lots of flashing headlights, the usual asshattery. He eventually overtook me at about 70mph as I was doing 50 and about to slow as it changed to a 30mph limit. As he shot past I saw the logo emblazoned down the side and just thought, “ah, that explains it.”

martinhutch

Get your free ex military first aid kit here, genuine item found in a Korean field

It’s the DeLorean all over again…

Fortunately I have the ASA on speed-dial.

perchypanther
    Free Member

the nicest people drive hybrids.

The nicest people drive Saabs*

*except for a guy who was the manager of my local Safeway when I worked there. He was a dick.

Poopscoop

Bikebouy
    Though, have to say, around here people really do not like you driving the speed limits… if you watch them in your rear view mirror they’re apoplectic and in total rage, bit like watching a pork chop in a blender.

Tosserz

I have no choice but to drive at legal speeds (see car context above) but yeah, here in the SE I know what you mean.

See some nice, dangerous, heavy braking at the numerous speed cams though…

hodgynd
    Free Member

Zilog..not having a go here ..but what makes you think that people who drive BMW’s, Audis , Mercedes or any other luxury branded cars aren’t going about equally important business ..also to deadlines ..
    Having spent the majority of my employed life in sales the pressure to get around to each customer was enormous and that was 20 years ago when the roads were a lot quieter ..
    Reps still seem to get a hard time because of their “flashy” image ..but I always remember being told when starting out “Salesmen create jobs”..if it wasn’t for the guy at the sharp end selling the stuff ..the factory wouldn’t last too long..and the guys in the vans & trucks delivering the goods wouldn’t last too long either..
    Try to factor that in when making judgements of people in their nice cars ( and I do realise that not all of them are salesmen ) .

perchypanther
    Free Member

Reps still seem to get a hard time because of their “flashy” image

It’s the shoes.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Haven’t read the whole thread but OP reminded me of a magnificent BMW vs Merc standoff
    situation in Malvern some years ago.

About this time of year, it was dark early, rush hour on a Friday.

We were walking down Court Rd (a narrow road, but plenty of traffic from schools and local businesses). Problem with Court Road like many is that parked cars along its length effectively reduce the road to a single carriageway. Cars have routinely to pull-in behind a parked one and then flash each other through. It’s often a verrrry long process in rush hour to get from one end of this 1/4 mile road to the other.

Anyway, obviously on this night someone was impatient and decided to drive on through without assessing/giving way to oncoming traffic. So there is a big flash Beemer and a big flash Merc heading directly at each other with no passing space. They meet. They stop.

And they glare.

And they glare.

I get the feeling that no-one is going to back their precious ego car up in order to allow traffic to flow once more.

They are locked in silent combat. After just a minute a handful of other cars are queuing behind each cockmobile. . Horns from behind being politely papped. But not the Beemer-Merc owners. They are just sitting there. Silently. Tickover time-bombs. Facing-off like middle-class, middle-age bulls in a field full of onlooking school-mums..

10 mins go by people are actually coming out of their houses to watch these two silent glaring nobbers do a absolutely nothing other than be nobbers. The sound of car horns behind them are now a wail of dissent.

By this time I (and my dog) too got bored and walked on.

I know they had gone by the next day. But I’ll never know for how long that evening they continued to behave in such an utterly unyielding, humourless cock-like fashion 😆

mjsmke

My sister in law bought a BMW a few years ago and kept saying how quick it was. I couldn’t resit the opportunity to point out my 1.4 fiat was quicker to 60.

bikebouy
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member
    Reps still seem to get a hard time because of their “flashy” image…
    It’s the shoes

Your wit never fails to entertain.

I’d say it’s the “neenaw” helmet with flashing lights that’s the giveaway, that and the 50p Xmas Tree lapel badge complete with flashing Star of David..

breadcrumb

I drive a BMW (white too!). I use the indicators as per the highway code, I’m sure it causes more confusion!

TBH round here it seems not many can be arsed flicking the indicator stalk up or down regardless of car manufacturer.

ski
    Free Member

So which model of car would you recommend for being let in, on slip roads?

Poopscoop

Malvern Rider – Member
    Haven’t read the whole thread but OP reminded me of a magnificent BMW vs Merc standoff
    situation in Malvern some years ago

That remind me of a YouTube video.

Not the same incident of course but similar.

Took place under a narrow railway bridge from memory. 😀

Kryton57

Reps still seem to get a hard time because of their “flashy” image ..but I always remember being told when starting out “Salesmen create jobs”..if it wasn’t for the guy at the sharp end selling the stuff ..the factory wouldn’t last too long..and the guys in the vans & trucks delivering the goods wouldn’t last too long either..

I used to be one of those people, watching my Sales team roll up for lunches with clients, driving flashy cars, wearing shiny suits and having 11am appointments rather than starting at 9 and ending at 5 like we had to in professional services on client delivery.

Then I moved into the Sales team – hardest and most stressful job I’ve ever done with longer than the 60 hours I used to work. Although not an excuse, getting to a meeting on time that might just make that order happen and might get me and my family something more than average to enjoy in the rare downtime moments and might just keep me in a job sometimes causes some spirited emotion.

mickmcd
    Free Member

its not beemers comon

my pet hate is the creeper who sees the lights go to orange then red then snarls the entire roundabout up just because they are so **** self entitled they think they can by going through the lights just behind the next guy whos now slowly sinking into his seat thinking **** i maybe should have waited

they dont all drive beemers but since buying a 500 quid shed on wheels all my other **** moron in their PCP cars seem to have stopped venturing out onto the road ….funny that

tonyg2003

We have a couple of cars but drive our 10 yr old Honda and I get tailgated much more plus sometimes you feel invisible on the road (no problem with this). Our Merc’s etc don’t get much “I’m not letting you out behaviour”, but I do try to use the indicators!

zilog6128

but what makes you think that people who drive BMW’s, Audis , Mercedes or any other luxury branded cars aren’t going about equally important business

I’ve no doubt they’re all very important, and their time is very valuable – that’s why they can’t afford to waste time indicating, looking in mirrors, etc etc. I don’t not give way because they’re not important, It’s cos they’re **** 😀

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

At least you always know where an Audi behind you is heading. Right up yr arse and then a fast pass on the right*

* on the left if on motorway 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

my pet hate is the creeper who sees the lights go to orange then red then snarls the entire roundabout up just because they are so **** self entitled they think they can by going through the lights just behind the next guy whos now slowly sinking into his seat thinking **** i maybe should have waited

they dont all drive beemers but since buying a 500 quid shed on wheels all my other **** moron in their PCP cars seem to have stopped venturing out onto the road ….funny that

Wow. This makes almost no sense at all.

funkmasterp

And what kind of **** doesn’t give way to buses?!

This kind baby! 😉

I have a hatred of bus drivers built up over many years of using buses. I’m convinced that one of the key requirements of becoming a bus driver is to be a massive ****. Not letting them out at junctions is my sad, yet sweet revenge

Poopscoop

40 minute standoff between 2 drivers who won’t give way.

This is the one I was thinking of malvernrider!
    No BMW content! 😉

here

bigjim

one good thing about having a really crap car is if a bmw/audi etc is trying to force it’s way through you can just hold your ground so they have to abandon. I always let normal people and buses out but bmw/audi/range rover taxis etc don’t get any chances, they wouldn’t give you an inch so why reciprocate. White 1 series bmw seem to be the new worst thing on the road, I guess they’re the cheapest ‘prestige’ car you can get free from work these days.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 219 total)

The topic ‘I don't give way to BMW's…shame me!’ is closed to new replies.