Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • I done a marathon
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Ta for all the advice, went ok and I got 3:13 with heavy legs from the get go.

Pic no 17 here is me

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/belfast-marathon-2013-tribute-paid-to-boston-bomb-victims-29244989.html

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well done Al. 3.13 a very good time indeed!! 😀

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Nice one! Great time, that you in the wig and dress? Must have been worth a few minutes at least

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oops already posted…that was pretty unexpected!

bearnecessities

Congratulations indeed. Stirling effort & more that most of us could do!

Anna-B
    Free Member

Well done, 3.13 is great. Got my first coming up on 1st June….what is your best tip?

peterfile
    Free Member

hahaha! brilliant!

That’s a time to be proud of too.

(you don’t look anything like i imagine you would. In saying that, I’ve never imagined you in a dress)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve imagined al in a dress lots. 😀

sv

Engineering greatness in the province today! Well done and great time.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Brilliant effort, Alan. respect.

galactus
    Free Member

Good man
    Good time as well 😀

irelanst
    Free Member

Brilliant effort, and a time most would be proud of without fancy dress. I like the look of disbelief on the faces of the ‘serious’ runners that are behind you.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

That’s a fantastic time. Having done my first marathon last month with no fancy dress and a considerably slower time I’m suitably impressed.

midlifecrashes

I’ll say it again cos it’s true. Great time, well done.

epicyclo

Well done from me and 907. 🙂

jimmy

3:13! Good work, luv.

EDIT: did you have a sponsorship page?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Well done fella. But why the dress?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Anna B – Member
    Well done, 3.13 is great. Got my first coming up on 1st June….what is your best tip?

Hmmm…depends…my first was after may long cycling events so I was comfortable with certain things.

I wouldn’t stress about getting a huge long run in beforehand – 12 miles was my longest pre my first and I got a 3:38. Usual stuff like don’t try anything new (food, shoes) on the day. Eat and drink enough but I don’t need loads. Pacing is important – the last 4-6miles are HARD – I found a caffeine Zipvit gel gave me a wee boost.

But mostly, don’t stress, enjoy: you only need to keep putting on foot in front of the other for long enough 😀

jimmy and MW:

http://www.justgiving.com/Alan-Cole1

epicyclo

Gave.

Anna-B
    Free Member

But mostly, don’t stress, enjoy

This is great advice! I try to apply it to most areas of my life….hadn’t thought to in connection with the marathon though, really. I will 🙂 Liked the fancy dress.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘I done a marathon’ is closed to new replies.