Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I do like a little detour on the commute home!
  • amedias
    Free Member

Anyone else enjoying the sunshine and just going for a rando-pootle on the way home?

yunki
    Free Member

Where the blinkin nora is that?

jam-bo

Teletubby land I think.

amedias
    Free Member

Ludwell valley park, right slap bang in the middle of Exeter and nobody ever seems to remember it’s here, nowt special riding wise but beats riding home through the traffic!

mrsfry
    Free Member

That’s photoshop that is. No where looks that lush in real life

jekkyl

good stuff.

wicki
    Free Member

Devon is gods country..

love the bike what is it?

teamslug
    Free Member

Great pics, hope you didn’t scare Tinky Winky!.

senorj

This Friday I plan to take the loooong way home , including Broxbourne & Epping:-)

yunki
    Free Member

ahhhh ha! I remember having to do ‘hills’ up that big bugger on the left in your first pic when I was at school

eddiebaby
    Free Member

That’s an interesting trailer in the third photo.

fin25
    Free Member

Inspired by the good weather, I decided to take a detour down a local, as yet unexplored bridleway on the commute home. My detour took me over a few miles of VERY badly rutted and still pretty muddy horse tracks. I got covered in some seriously primordial mud (Which is now living in my eye) and fell off twice after hitting hoof-based ruts at high speed. Got completely lost and ended up 3 miles from where I thought I would be, with a front wheel a bit out of true.

Best hour of my life!

jimdubleyou

Went home via Putney Heath, Wimbledon Common & Richmond Park.

Whilst it wasn’t the best hour of my life, it was some fun in the sun.

amedias
    Free Member

Got completely lost and ended up 3 miles from where I thought I would be, with a front wheel a bit out of true.

Best hour of my life!

a proper ride! 🙂

love the bike what is it?

It’s a monstrous creation of mine, utilising a spare 26in MTB frame (Charge Duster Skinny, nice and flexy/comfy), pair of big-for-slicks/small-for-mtb Paselas, full guards, BB7s, Alfine gearing, and a short rigid fork for a steep HA with a fair bit of offset so it’s designed to be ridden with a weight on the front, and a nice pair of swept back city bars for cruising around on in a very gentlemanly ‘looking at the scenery’ kind of way, still goes quick when required though, it’s ace!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Devon is gods country..

+1

brooess
    Free Member

Didn’t detour but it was the first ride this year with no leg or arm warmers – just bare arms and knees, which is always a pleasant ride 8)

sirromj

Detoured in opposite direction down to the ruins of the hoverport at Pegwell today.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I do like a little detour on the commute home!’ is closed to new replies.