Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • I did'nt ride this weekend!! Good excuse mind – What's yours??
  • B@rney
    Free Member

A SCRAT BAG tenant pretty much wrecked my house – looks like a tramp has lived in it – not happy as you can imagine. Been trying to sort out all weekend and it looks like next one too…. Lovely weather too… Ah well

What’s your excuse????

Drac

Im on nights.

peachos
    Free Member

AC Joint separation in my shoulder. a few more weeks of this boredom 😥

chvck
    Free Member

My Masters diss is due this week and I’ve been ill so I’m behind on the work. I have a house full of people who have been riding both days, jealous doesn’t even begin to cut it!

maxsatnav
    Free Member

C.B.A. to be honest… but out all day tomorrow 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Busy being pulled around the Med on one of these;

Before spending the rest of the day sailing Lasers, Darts, SB3s and the like.

Then busy with a couple of cold beers.

trail_rat
    Free Member

im in africa working had my first day off in 35 days – then realised i actualyl had nothing to do all day so lazed in bed watching movies all day ! Ride the divide , cannonball run , charlie wilsons war and lucky number slevin

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

B@rney – you cant really have the rewards without the risks. Sorry, but that’s the way life works.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

With my wife as our son was being born. (which is also the reason I haven’t been out on my bike for the last few weeks as I haven’t wanted to be to far away.

_tom_
    Free Member

Haven’t done any proper riding as my shoulder’s not healed. Just a couple of quick 5-10 milers on the road bike.

atlaz
    Free Member

No Africa, boats nor babies for me. I’m just ill and which ever way I looked at it, going out in the rain wasn’t going to make me any better. I indulged by going to look at bikes in all the available LBS though

peachos
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member
    Haven’t done any proper riding as my shoulder’s not healed. Just a couple of quick 5-10 milers on the road bike.

what did you do mate?

ianv
    Free Member

dislocated F%^&ing shoulder.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

owenfackrell congratulations.

hopster
    Free Member

Boken hip has been giving me lots of pain lately and I’ve had to work the past 3 Sundays and look after the kids on Saturday.

stumpyjon

Been building trails instead of riding them, another 30m laid at Gisburn. Hurt now though 😥

Trekster

same as Drac, nights 🙁
    But off for the next 6 days 😆
    Nights again next week but going to fit in the Hardrock Challenge in the middle 🙄

loddrik
    Free Member

Wife working away so have two small children full time. Should have someone to take em on tues though so off to do the Hope Triple Eight, hopefully it’ll be battering down :mrgreen:

_tom_
    Free Member

what did you do mate?

Landed a bit sideways on the downslope of the big table at the bottom of FOD’s Ski Run track, otb onto outstretched arm which resulted in what the A+E doctor said is just stretched muscles. Something also definitely popped out as it went back in when I stood up, then came out again when I shut the car door with the damaged arm! Having googled the symptoms I think there may be some kind of rotator cuff damage as well (extremely painful to lift arm sideways and lift anything with the arm in front of my body) but then I’m not a doc!

Can do road rides easily (bit sore at the end) but anything involving the front end landing is still a bit painful.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I did ride but it wasn’t great – lacking in oomph.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Road on Friday evening – just local woods loop about 18 miles – so recovery day yesterday & doing family stuff – planed to do a 3 -31/2 hour road ride this morning before the F1 – but overslept – so plan B was to put the road bike on the turbo and do a 10mile TT fitness test – but oldest daughter ask me to go out in the car with her as her driving test is next week – then had to sort out youngest daughters laptop because tight arse school using open office rather then MS office and had to convert files – now no time before tea is ready

B@rney
    Free Member

surrounded by Zulu’s – thats far too deep for my liking…

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Was with my son – aged 4.5 – taking him on his first outdoor climbing sessions – he actually punched the air when he got to the top first time… exactly the reaction I was hoping for..

Coed Y Brenin with him next week!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Making the most of the autumn sun on the beach with the kids 🙂

Militant_biker

I ride all week and take the weekends off to spend time with the wife 🙂

harley
    Free Member

A good mates wedding yesterday – got back from the hotel in time for the grand prix. Very hung over.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Just back from a trade show, hope to be out tuesday night though

samuri
    Free Member

I have been out riding. Both days. HTH. 😉

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Got a chest infection. Oh, and I had to work.

Crell
    Free Member

Rotator cuff injury last weekend has kept me off the bike, but then to top it all pulled something in my back yesterday getting a bike out. I feel like a right old crock.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Nights for me too, and only four days off this week due to “training” days on Thurs & Fri.

Bikerat
    Free Member

Had the snip on Friday, off the bike for two weeks.

ben
    Free Member

I was too busy drinking at the Oktoberfest in Munich..

Stainypants

Gastroenteritis

simonralli2
    Free Member

I am in the middle of my great tour of England, seeing various friends in various cities 😀

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Road ride on Saturday then went for a run on sunday am which brought our my cold. Currently feeling rubbish and have decorating that need doing.

Bream
    Free Member

A 6 week old baby boy and a new house has meant I haven’t ridden properly for 7 wks! About on top of things now so hopefully will be out next weekend.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘I did'nt ride this weekend!! Good excuse mind – What's yours??’ is closed to new replies.