Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • I did some jumps…
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

So I finally managed to do the last gap…

[/url]
    Untitled by passtherizla, on Flickr[/img]

still taken from the video which I will post when I find somewhere to host it Flickr won’t let me post any more videos. 🙁

chiefgrooveguru

Nice air!

kayak23

Sicktacular!

steel4real
    Free Member

Good work fella – it took me about 5 months after my first attempt to do that last one on the Mega line as well (OK I only made 2 visits in that time but the first attempt had resulted in a front wheel case & subsequent crash).

Yes – they look small in the videos, but anyone who goes there will know what it’s like, the jumps are also a bit technical, and on a given day there aren’t so many on the hill doing them.

If you can do that pretty much anything on the other tracks shouldn’t pose any difficulty – except for Walleater of course !

Scamper
    Free Member

Good work, but its not quite the werewolf drop, is it? 😉

passtherizla
    Free Member

walleater is my next target… werewolf drop it most certainly isn’t 😉

ready for the big one down Hopwas now 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

Nice one, feels like proper airtime doesnt it ! Stu had to fix the third landing a few weeks ago as it was disintegrating.

Walleater woodwork and over the rocks is not that hard, the previous doubles further up need some speed though, about as hard as New Line gaps. Still yet to clear the first big set on the first run in.

Balboa woodwork not that big unless you launch it, difficulty kinda inbetween two last drops on Black. The rock drop doubles takes some speed to clear but not hitting the tree after landing is harder than the drop itself 😛

passtherizla
    Free Member

Scruff I haven’t even been and looked at those yet! I have no idea about the run in speeds for the bigger stuff, was a firm believer in just going as fast as I could but after a fairly big off up Kinver where I over shot the landing by at least the length of the gap I’m not so sure… once I’ve followed someone through I’m usually ok.

I didn’t realise quite how many runs there are over there now! got a trip to Antur stiniog coming up and I want to be able to do some of the stuff there so am just gonna have to grow a pair at cannock I guess.

whats that drop on balboa called?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Good work buddy.

wrecker
    Free Member

You would piss the jumps Jedi teaches you on, they are nothing compared to those in the vid

I take it Jedi didn’t put you on the bigger stuff?
    There are some pretty big gaps there.

Euro
    Free Member

Youtube. Hurry up.

p.s. Good job

scruff
    Free Member

Balboa main ones are just the rock double and wood drop, but theres theres a couple of smaller drops aswell & theres a kicker after the wood drop that can send you into orbit.

It’s a funny one when we visit other places, not really many official FC / Bikepark DH runs have stuff as big as we ride up the Cop but Cop is mainly slower / middle speed bigger stuff, I still find full flat out big bangers like the bottom of Cwmcarn/ Antur black hard though. Nearly killed myself at Bringewood last week on the bomb hole doubles…

jambalaya
    Free Member

You’re a natural (b@stard !) – didn’t see this thread first time but if that really was your first attempt respect, likewise for conquering the bigger gap. As you say seeing someone else do something first makes it much easier.

Youtube isn’t that public really, there is so much on there no ones really going to notice another bike vid. You could try Vimeo, it’s great.

A quick note re Jedi / UK Bike Skills – they teach everyone, from wooses like me who didn’t even do the “largest drop” or tabletop to guys who can already jump and style the bike – everyone and anyone can and will learn something, Tony has a huge range of stuff there.

dibboid
    Free Member

There’s some scarey stuff over kinver. :/ is love to be able to do doubles but no one will pay my mortgage if I break myself. Maybe I should start up a “what wage insurance” thread.

passtherizla
    Free Member

sorry about the quality…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DLc5soAKdU[/video]

oli82
    Free Member

Is the big one at Hopwas the one in the series of 2 drops then the table at the bottom? I bottle the drops every time 🙁

passtherizla
    Free Member

thanks Jambalaya, i’m blushing 😉 was my first attempt yes… 5 months has passed and I’m getting slightly more confident.

you got me all amped scruff might have to miss skate night and go back for a look at new line.

I’m sure I’ve done that drop on balboa…

[/url]

there is a small kicker after that sends you too….

Kinver…

[/url]

passtherizla
    Free Member

Is the big one at Hopwas the one in the series of 2 drops then the table at the bottom? I bottle the drops every time

I’m on about the one where there is two different sized jumps with the same landing one has 6 foot gap the other about 12 foot gap.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The one word that sums up that little section in the video for me was smooth.

You looked very comfortable, which I would have said was a very good thing.

I_Ache
    Free Member

If your seriously thinking about going over to the Cop tonight let me know I would be well up for it. And I’m not drunk (yet) so will actually try stuff!

Some of the stuff that Jedi has is pretty bloody big. The table/double where you just roll down the hill is easy after a couple of attempts but I can’t see myself ever doing the massive wooden kickers he has there! The jump line along the top had some nice jumps but I was just too worn out to be able to hit them properly.

With regards to Hopwas those two drops, there are actually 3, rizla hit the big one at the top first try. The lower two are pretty easy and that table is long but it just kicks you over it. I thought I was going way too slow but just sailed over it. The big jump rizla is on about is quite a lot bigger than the table you are thinking of.

jools182
    Free Member

bigger balls than me 😳

_tom_
    Free Member

Nicely done again 🙂 annoyingly I’m still yet to revisit the ‘cop! Whats the woodwork there like in the wet, slippy or has it been treated/cut to still give good grip when wet?

prawny

I’ve not been up the cop yet. Will my bike hack it? It’s a Rockrider 9.1 FS from Decathlon. Don’t want to bend it.

If so, anyone ride early (like 6am) at weekends that fancies babysitting me in a few weeks?

I_Ache
    Free Member

prawny the bike will be fine if you don’t go OTT. You may find it a bit of a handfull on a couple of the steeper bits and rock gardens but you should be able to manage if you stay steady.

passtherizla
    Free Member

not ridden it in the wet… I didn’t notice any chicken wire on the bits that I have done.

thanks again for the kind words everyone.

jamj1974

You did really well OP!

plyphon
    Free Member

a lot more balls than myself! i’d love to be able to jump but alas, my wheels stay firmly on the ground.

I don’t mind a drop or two, tho that first one looks quite large!

dizcostix
    Free Member

wrecker is right, pretty big jumps at Jedis place – first time i did the 4th jump on the air supply line is the first time i felt like i was properly flying through the air on a bike. Think its about a 25ft gap!

scruff
    Free Member

_tom_,
    Cop woodwork is OK in the wet, Walleater might need some more PVA & sand but the rest is all straight off so no problem in the wet. New woodwork on Snakes & Ladders still not done but Stu reckons he can get it finished quickly once he puts his Ginsters down. That will be good for confidence building as its middling size.

PTR, thats the one.

Rich
    Free Member

You make it look easy. 🙂

funkybaj
    Free Member

Good stuff!

I’ve been playing about down Stile Cop recently after previously only riding the Dog/Monkey. So far I’ve only been down the Red, Wonderland and Ridge Run but my confidence is building.

It’s crazy how small those drops/jumps look in videos.

scruff
    Free Member

funkybaj, try Little Bringe which goes L off Ridge at the gas line, and a little track which goes L after the ski jump. Some nice tighter twisty bits.

funkybaj
    Free Member

Cheers scruff, I’ve took that left after the ski jump by accident before, will check out Little Bringe though.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Nice work man. Makes me feel there is still hope for me!

passtherizla
    Free Member

There is hope for us all… Check out the wheel chair kid on dreamland 2 with Bob Burnquist

winch
    Free Member

Good to see this thread mate, it’s made me think I want a piece of that! Once I have a bike to ride I’m definitely going to pay Stile Cop some attention. Nice work.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘I did some jumps…’ is closed to new replies.