• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I did a good deed on Saturday night….
  • dooge
    Free Member

…I saved my friends life! We were out for 'a few' and she had a few too many. I took her home, got her to bed and just as I was about to leave she started fitting. I called the paramedics who came virtually immediately and started treatment. She had a further 5 before they had moved her out of the room, a couple in the ambulance and a couple in the hospital, all in the space of about an hour and a bit. I knew she was epileptic but what she didnt tell me was she hadnt taked her medication for about a month!

Shes thankfully ok now, though Im glad I was there as I dread to think what would have happened if we had been out or if it had happened after Id have left the room. She has bought me a big box of fancy chocs to say thanks though! 😀

sharki
    Free Member

Good man, i trust you've the knowledge to know what to do…or what not to do…

Naughty girl for not telling you though, been through that before on a few occasions and it's not too pleasnt.

Good to hear she's fine now…enjoy the chocs

dooge
    Free Member

Ive got enough common sense to know to keep them away from anything sharp, dont hold them down, dont put anything in their mouth, pillow under the head and stop her falling off the bed!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Common sense – that very rare thing. well done.

chewkw
    Free Member

A guy had that too last week and I was called to help as people around him was in a panic. Just told them to called the ambulance while I checked on the guy – making sure he did not knock his head (well he did when he fell and a guy just put a spoon in his mouth – NOT to do this as he could do injury – a big wooden spoon might be ok). Fitting stopped when I got there but forming was all over his mouth face.

The NE ambulance guy then spoke to the guy … in a strong Geordie accent <-LOL! Like asking for a fight… What's your name? What happened? Where do you live? Do you know where you are?

The guy had no clue at all as there was a slight memory lost after he recovered. He went to hospital after that.

chewkw
    Free Member

Oh … well done dooge.

🙂

dooge
    Free Member

Yeh, I wasent sure if you should put anything in their mouth. She wasent biting otherwise I might have, but even a wooden spoon is going to cause damage if she snapped her mouth shut. Nice one Chewkw!

ski
    Free Member

Wow, nice story, hope she is ok dooge.

Sounds like you will be a friend for life.

I helped a little lad who got into trouble swimming once, some 20 years ago, I was a kid myself!

Still get a card every year from his parents on his birthday telling me what he has been up to and thanking me, which is very sweet.

mrchrispy

i came across someone having a fit on the bath once…..bloody lucky I tells ya, it's not everyday I have a load of washing with me.

I'll get my coat.
    seriously, well done fella.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Well done chap.

jimmy

She had a further 5 before they had moved her out of the room

Was anyone else wondering whether it was pints or shorts?

Sorry, good work all round.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Just to point out, you don't have to immediately call an ambulance if someone is having an epileptic fit if you know they're epileptic already, of course, it depends on other circumstances too but it's not always necessary.

enfht
    Free Member

Well done.

Why wasn't she taking her medication?

Someone very dear to me died of an epileptic fit and I think your friend needs to have a serious word with herself..

Drac

Well done Dooge and don't be afraid to call an ambulance if someone with epilepsy is fitting, if they're going to come out of it it'll be before we can get there.

The NE ambulance guy then spoke to the guy … in a strong Geordie accent <-LOL! Like asking for a fight…

Hehe I can see why it would come across like that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I did a good deed on Saturday night….’ is closed to new replies.