Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I destroy cx tubs!
  • rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I think I need to learn more about tubs. It’s my first season of ‘cross and I’m at the sharp end of London league V40.

I killed 4 tubs early this season in 5 races. Switched to clinchers mid October as I needed to finish some races.

I used tubs again (Clement PDX) last race in extremely wet conditions and they were great until yet another puncture mid race. Luckily I had a spare bike but the Bontrager cx3’s on it whilst good were not in the same league in the corners.

I’ve embraced the low pressure thing, perhaps too much, running sub 20psi (I’m 70kg) and am happy about the feel at low pressures. All my tubs have died from cuts, 3 on the sidewall and one almighty slice across the tread.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just bad luck?

I’ve just bought a pair of Limus, would love not to kill them before the end of the season!

plop_pants
    Free Member

Ed, I’ve done most of the London Leagues. I’m the same weight as you and run my tubs pretty much at 20/22 psi front/back in the mud but 24/28 psi where dry . Only had two punctures so far (Frylands and Hog Hill) and both have just been thorns. I run Limus and Fangos in the mud, Specialized Tracers in the dry. The inner tubes seem quite tough in Challenge tubs as a few times I’ve bottomed out quite hard and they’ve stayed up. I’ve not ripped a sidewall or cut the tread yet either. So maybe you’ll have better luck with the Limus. I ran Fango front and Limus rear at the badlands round and they were perfect. Epic wasn’t it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘I destroy cx tubs!’ is closed to new replies.