Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • I deserve to be hit with a big stick!!
  • enduro-aid
    Free Member

just returned from a cracking snowy ride and as I lifted the bike out of the flatbed of the pick-up i notice around the back wheel / shock area the snow is red/brown I notice fluid leaking from the back of the shock (its a fox brain shock and its leaking heavily from the brain part) so i bounce the bike to see if its ok………..rate of return is almost nothing and its squelchng really bad

phoned Mojo for advice…….chances are the seals are fecked and they are now closed till 4th jan

two days before xmas and i break my bike!!!!!!!!! I now have two weeks off work with no bike to ride!!!

I'm crying as i write this.

fontmoss
    Free Member

where are you? im sure someone somewhere will be able to lend a bike for some beerage?

epicsteve
    Free Member

A clear argument on why everyone needs more than one bike.

njee20
    Free Member

A clear argument on why everyone needs more than one bike.

+1

wwaswas

I'd be looking at ways of replacing the shock with a suitably sized stick and ridign it as ahard tail for a fortnight.

There's a shock pump that's suppose to do that, not sure if it'll work for you though.

devs
    Free Member

+1. You need at least 3 spares.

Jerome
    Free Member

The solution is a a no brain-er

enduro-aid
    Free Member

based in Hamilton in south lanarkshire, would consider taking it to a good LBS to be fixed if there were any around but as has been discussed previously Lanarkshire is void of any decent LBS that I know of.

only been back into mountain biking since jan and bought the sworks enduro 2nd hand to keep me going till i saved enough to go buy myself a 2nd bike (new) next summer. Hence currently only one bike

chakaping
    Free Member

New bike for Xmas. Problem solved.

Or buy a secondhand bike off ebay today, and re-sell next year.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

Xmas is already bought its lots of lovely new cycling gear that I will now not be able to use!!! (til jan)

iainc

have you called Dales ? they may have something that could be swopped in

Stripe
    Free Member

Call the nearest LBS – see if they have a cheap shock on the shelf. Bang it on and viola – youre riding !

Not an ideal fix but will get you out of trouble.

meehaja
    Free Member

cheap coil? wedge it with a brick? Lock it out and ride rigid (don't know the particulr shock so don't know if this is possible? or…..

buy a fully rigid, fixed gear, belt driven, snow tyred, titanium bike. less to go wrong.

dangriff
    Free Member

Bit of steel rod with a hole drilled in each end. Instant hardtail.

clubber
    Free Member

Put a classifieds ad up for an inbred frame local to you (£80 to £100 ish), get, build, ride, sell when your bike's repaired for the same price. Job done.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bit of steel rod with a hole drilled in each end. Instant hardtail.

On the face of it, that's a good idea. But then I got to thinking "it's a brilliant way to ruin the shock mount bolts"….. 😯

allthepies
    Free Member

>I'm crying as i write this.

Oh, purlease!

clubber
    Free Member

Ditto PP – the shock mounts (not just the bolts) aren't designed to cope with impacts from a rigid rod rather than a sprung shock. Even when locked out there's almost certainly some give in the shock to round out the impacts. I certainly wouldn't other than a 'get you home' fix

takisawa2

Exactly the same happened to me two years ago. Brain shock'd SWorks Enduro. At the time only Mojo could deal with brain shocks, & it cost £130…!!!.

Pick up a cheap HT off here & flog on in Jan.
    I've an old Kona but its only 16".

enduro-aid
    Free Member

girlfriend has a kona hardtail but its very small and im very tall, i think the build a hardtail idea is the way forward my first choice would be find a LBS who would do a service tho

enduro-aid
    Free Member

what about this ……..mojo want 120 quid to service/ fix the shock plus shipping OR….I can get a new fox RP2 with pro pedal from crc for 100 quid??

fox brain shock vs fox rp2??????

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The shocks seem to be fairly cheap on e-bay at the rough size(+10mm was fine when I changed mine)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Buy another shock over xmas on the credit card, sell old one after xmas and after rebuild – might cost a little more but easy option.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘I deserve to be hit with a big stick!!’ is closed to new replies.