Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • I could pretend this isn't a rant but it is… gnaaaarly enduro muppet
  • nickc

‘track’

really? you’d actually shout that at some-one? At a trail centre? 😯

singlespeedstu

What colour were his shorts?

DT78
    Free Member

twattest? to anyone who lets me past (99.9% of non selfish riders) I say thanks and have a good ride, I hate to see what you think of me if I swore at them and suggested they should take up tiddlywinks. A few times I’ve had people chase me and catch me up when I wait for my mates at the gates. Tends to be a nice conversation about bikes, most are surprised a scott scale is that quick on rough stuff.

Only time I ever get vaguely twaty is when some knobbers trail dog zigzags all over the place and nearly gets caught in my wheel….different debate all together.

funkrodent

Odd one this. I’ve been caught a few times on trails. Always let the guy (or gal) past. Just seems like common courtesy to me, I mean if they’re a faster rider than me, good luck to them and as a couple of posters have pointed out earlier it can be quite educational to follow a better rider down a trail.

If I catch someone up (happens occasionally!) I let them know I’m there and yes, I’d hope that they’d have the courtesy to pull over and let me pass.

So I guess I’m on the side of not really understanding what the OP’s issue is. Sorry to say it, but with his behaviour on the trail and the way he worded his post, I’m not convinced he’d be the biggest bundle of laughs in the post-ride pub either…

jamesoz

Always treated it like track days, if somebody appears behind you that wasn’t there before, then they are much faster and get out of their way. Unless the rider behind has a silent free hub from the 90’s it’s not hard to tell. Even in the Mega other riders hear you behind and let you past. Not saying it’s all a race but why hold somebody up?

philwarren11
    Free Member

Someone catches you up, get the **** out the way sharpish. Simple.

Thread closed.

wrecker
    Free Member

If I catch someone, I generally just ask nicely if I can pass. I don’t expect them to get out of the way “sharpish” but when it’s safe for them to do so. I say thanks when they do (and 99% do).

What does piss me off is when you’re at the start of a bit of trail waiting so that you can give someone some space and some dickhead plows through with saying anything.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

There was once on here a video posted from New Zealand where a rider got held up by a slower rider , got past him then took a slightly longer route and ended up back behind him . When they got to the bottom he gave the rider in front some abuse and promptly got filled in . Tried to find it but it seems to have disappeared now .

Rorschach
    Free Member

This one?
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzAG7ALbPac[/video]

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I got as far as reading AIBU (whatever that means) then immediately decided you were in the wrong without reading the rest of it 😉

Not even being able to write something down properly explains why you have communication issues in the real world 😆

rickon
    Free Member

If I catch someone I stop, and give them a minute then ride on. Most trails aren’t longer than 4 minutes, and that way I don’t ruin someone else’s ride.

freddyblack
    Free Member

So much common sense on this thread, great community.

captaintomo
    Free Member

What a moaning Knob. Can’t believe what I just read. It’s a shared trail unless you somehow have bought the place? Lighten up will you, for the sake of us normal people.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

This one?

That is indeed the one except it only shows the end outcome . The one I saw before had the chap trying to overtake for a couple of minutes before the violence broke out .

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘I could pretend this isn't a rant but it is… gnaaaarly enduro muppet’ is closed to new replies.