Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I confess
  • SaxonRider

…that I balked at the strength of the wind here this morning, and opted to take my van into work instead of my bike.

I’m still feeling guilty.

Is there a point at which any of you will admit to whimping out of your bike commute?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Is there a point at which any of you will admit to whimping out of your bike commute?

When I’m sat in the car in a queue of traffic, slowly losing the will to live I always then think that – whatever the weather – nothing can be worse than this…..

EDIT: I should say I did ride this morning – with assistance from the monumental tail wind shaved 8 minutes off my usual 51/52 minutes commute 😯 Hope it drops for the crawl home……

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t say I blame you. Not only was it twice as hard as normal, but so many moronic motorists (including a learner) don’t give you anymore room, even though you could be randomly blown off course in either direction. Makes me fume!
    Looking forward to making it home in record time though!

[edit] If it had been wet as well, I would have taken the car.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SiB
    Free Member

Sold the car as a matter of principle a few months ago, I’ve got to commute, no choice. When you’ve got to do it its not too bad. Leave your van at work if possible then you’ve got to ride?

Headwind to work tends to mean tailwind on return leg (although its not unusual to have a headwind there and back!), thats the motivation for me

warton
    Free Member

I cycled in today. headwind on a singlespeed = Ullrich thighs! I’m knackered, took about 10 minutes longer than normal (9 miles)

DezB
    Free Member

I did have a thought for singlespeed nutters as I changed down to the 39 ring for the first time in months! 🙂

meehaja
    Free Member

wednesday morning, 3am i had to, for the first time ever, get off and push my CX bike up the hill. The wind coming down the hill was just so strong hat anytime I started moving up hill I’d either be blown into the road or feel like I was standing still. I saw a large frog in the gutter though, which kinda made up for it.

molgrips
    Free Member

I didn’t ride in this morning because I was really tired. Being very much not a morning person I am crap at getting up and on the bike early.

An hour and a half later I felt ok, but by that point it was too late.

billysugger
    Free Member

I’m out for a play this afternoon and it’s windy as. To ride for 50 minutes to get to work in this I admire your dedication

DezB
    Free Member

Just been down the road on my bike, I swear the wind has changed direction 🙁

afrothunder88

I swear the wind has changed direction

Always used to happen to me in Manchester, monster headwind on the way in, same again on the way home, well annoying.

My rules were:

Wind or lots of rain = bike
    Wind and lots of rain = train

8 miles on a SS in driving wind and rain is possibly one of the most depressing feelings ever.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I confess’ is closed to new replies.