Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • I can't think of any good excuse to post this photo….
  • druidh
    Free Member

…other than it's my new bike 🙂

I've been thinking about a lighter-weight Kona Sutra replacement for some time and this is what I've come up with. It'll be used for commuting, touring and perhaps an occasional audax.

It's been a while in the planning and acquisition stages, seemingly even longer in build. Finally completed today and will be ridden tomorrow.

Oh – 9.6Kg if anyone is interested. It'll be a lot heavier once the rack and mudguards go on it too 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

I cannot believe you stood there in front of me today and refused to put green bar tape on.

coogan
    Free Member

And to think you had the audacity to tell me today I couldn't buy any more bikes!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grtdkad

Looks nice
    😀
    😀
    😀

ojom
    Free Member

Steve, come in on monday and hold him down while i staple a p45 to his forehead.

druidh
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member
    Steve, come in on monday and hold him down while i staple a p45 to his forehead.

P35s should be wide enough for those tyres.

trail_rat
    Free Member

whats with the disks ?

oh and im using a netbook with a 7inch screen here so i might be wrong but it looks like you left the set up sticker on your front mech 😉

ojom
    Free Member

thats what we call a 'noob tag' trail_rat

you would think he would know better.

i think there may be 2 more on the rotors…

goldenwonder
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member
    whats with the disks ?

It's a cross bike trying to pretend it's a road bike, or at least I think it is..
    chainrings look a touch on the big side for a cross bike though & too small for a proper road bike

Houns

Noob

:angry:

Nice bike mister

ojom
    Free Member

Not a cross bike.

Light tourer.

It is actually tidy.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Light tourer? How can it be a tourer without racks? or even guards?

ojom
    Free Member

Oh – 9.6Kg if anyone is interested. It'll be a lot heavier once the rack and mudguards go on it too

i refer you to the OP

goldenwonder
    Free Member

haha, oh yeah, that'll teach me not to read it properly 😉

druidh
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member
    whats with the disks ?

They are part of the brake mechanism. These are used to slow down and stop the velocipede. Don't worry, hang about a bit longer and you'll learn lots of new stuff.

oh and im using a netbook with a 7inch screen here so i might be wrong but it looks like you left the set up sticker on your front mech

And the disc ones. You've no idea how much that winds some folk up 🙂

goldenwonder – Member

It's a cross bike trying to pretend it's a road bike, or at least I think it is..
    chainrings look a touch on the big side for a cross bike though and too small for a proper road bike

Standard "compact" cranks – 50/34. It's as much as my little legs can manage up those mountain passes we have in scotchland.

markenduro
    Free Member

Looks good, not too sure about the amount of blue on the stickers though…

trail_rat
    Free Member

we have mountains in scotchland ? can you take me there 😉

you coming audaxing this year then ? deeside loop the week after 10 UTB from kirrie – then there are 2 from portmahumock up north – 300 sat 200 sunday then snow roads 300 and a 600 from down your way !

DezB
    Free Member

I'd like that with discs for commuting. Smart.
    I wouldn't take photos of it though, but that's just me.

Stick some smaller wheels on it, knobbly tyres, riser bars, suspension forks and with a few other minor tweaks, it may almost start to resemble a decent bike…..

flippinheckler
    Free Member

If your looking for your swimming goggles there on your sideboard, & why have you got a penis in a vase on the sideboard. Abit retro looking that bike IMO, nice all the same.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It all wrong. Tut tut tut. Wrong size wheels, funny handlebars silly gearing.

Its all going wrong at TBC nowadays

ojom
    Free Member

Pipe down TJ or lose your discount level FOREVER!!!

crikey
    Free Member

I'm sure it works extremely well, but aesthetically, I find myself …er… struggling to appreciate it's undoubted inner beauty.

druidh
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member

you coming audaxing this year then ?

That's the intent…

trail_rat
    Free Member

rangers supporter innit

juan
    Free Member

Green bar tape make you go faster FACTOMUNDO (the endura team have green handlebar tape and they are faster than you so yes it's a FACTOMUNDO)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ok – its all going wrong at TBC since that grumpy old man with teh odd taste in roadbikes started there.

Whereas mark is a fine upstanding young man of extreme gnar and buffness

Onzadog
    Free Member

That looks really nice. I've been looking for a commuter that will run discs and have mounts for rack and guards. Tell me more about the frame and forks!

househusband
    Free Member

We've got the exact same IKEA unit…

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2732/4430323958_5c2959d39b_m.jpg[/img]

…and it also seems to end up half my bloody photos!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

that is one very nice bike sire

druidh
    Free Member

Onzadog – Member
    That looks really nice. I've been looking for a commuter that will run discs and have mounts for rack and guards. Tell me more about the frame and forks!

Frame is a Van Nicholas Amazon. I wanted something in titanium, with disc mounts and the Amazon was easily the most affordable option. I looked at getting the Enigma guys to accessorise one of their frames but ruled it out on cost grounds.

The fork is the Kinesis DC-19. I wanted carbon and disc mounts. This was the "cleanest" looking and again was an affordable option.

The rest of the build is…

Ultegra groupset
    Avid BB7s
    Mavic Open Pros on XTR hubs with XTR rotors
    Conti Grand Prix 4 seasons
    Hope headset and seatclamp
    Ritchey EA70 stem and EC70 bars
    Lizard Skins DSP bar tape
    Crank Brothers Candy SL pedals
    Specialized Pave seatpost and Avatar saddle (from the Sutra)

The Sutra is now for sale – as is a set of Ultegra calipers

rOcKeTdOg

it doesn't say "onion" on the down tube 😕

druidh
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    it doesn't say "onion" on the down tube

😀

I seriously thought about it!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just been having a look online. 132.5mm rear end spacing. How tidy do the stays look without the canti studs in place?

druidh
    Free Member

Onzadog – Member
    Just been having a look online. 132.5mm rear end spacing. How tidy do the stays look without the canti studs in place?

One with a blanker…

markenduro
    Free Member

That looks very much like you could get some decent sized tyres in there, what is clearance like on the chainstays?

druidh
    Free Member

FFS! – hang on a mo…..

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

deary me 👿

Mackem

Oooh, I like that.

druidh
    Free Member

64mm

(sorry – photo is a bit out of focus and I cannae be arsed taking another)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘I can't think of any good excuse to post this photo….’ is closed to new replies.