Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I can't make a decision… New wheels or whole new bike?
  • Mof
    Free Member

I need to treat myself at Christmas. I think my blue On One 456 frame deserves an upgraded wheelset. Nothing wrong with the Mavic Crossrides it has at the moment, just fancied a change. Really like black DT240 hubs with white DT Swiss 4.2D rims & black spokes. (Would the red bits on the hub clash?.) Also fancy Mavic Crosstrails…or maybe Hope Pro 2 hubs (how about blue) with appropriate rims.

Alteratively… stuff the wheels and buy a whole new commuter bike.. (Globe San Fransisco 2) coz I love the styling.

Your comments (and abuse) welcomed.

GW
    Free Member

****!

Mof
    Free Member

Just asterisks there… that must have been abuse. 🙂

tails
    Free Member

I'm gonna say bike, but perhaps a genesis.

Marmoset
    Free Member

I swtiched my crossirdes for some lighter wheels – made a heck of a difference to and already light bike.

forge197
    Free Member

Go for the wheels the globe isn't a looker IMHO, changing the wheels for lighter ones can make a positive difference to the ride.

Smee
    Free Member

I agree with GW.

Gordy
    Free Member

You sound like a bored man upgrading for the sake of it, Mof. Maybe you should spend the money taking the bike you already have and going away for a break to get some riding in. 💡

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I can't make a decision… New wheels or whole new bike?’ is closed to new replies.