Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I cant find this spare part..what do you call these things?
  • rockhopper70

It’s a sort of plastic collar, split along its length that wraps around the brake hose and slips into the frame hose, to stop the hose wearing.
    One dropped off tonight leaving the hose flapping like a flappy thing.
    Help and links appreciated.

taka
    Free Member

this might be a bit of a daft question but there not off a rockhopper are they? I’m sure i had the same things on my brothers hard rock and had the same problems when they fell out but none of my other bikes have them?

JoB
    Free Member

a hose guide, like this?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Can only find them for sale in USA 😕

Ooops, must try harder 😆

rockhopper70

not a rockhopper.
    Old cannondale jekyll on the downtube hose guides.

coatesy
    Free Member

Funnily enough, I asked the same question a couple of months back, and was pointed towards a Cannondale dealer. Difficult Googling something without knowing what it’s called, got sent to God knows how many gardening and car accassory shops before asking on here.

Wally
    spooky_b329

(Clicky)

passtherizla
    Free Member

those things are rubbish… replaced most of mine with cable ties now. you can get the C shaped clips from halfords.

thepurist

OP – a bit of electrical tape wrapped round the hose does the same job, and is even available in a range of colours 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

i cut the end of a standard shimano cable ferrule then split them down one side, works a treat.

ash.addy
    Free Member

qwerty cyclesHow about these

kilo

I bought some at some german dealer http://www.cannondale-parts.de/en_US

if it’s just the one drop me a line at d dot clifford at yahoo dot co dot uk

i may have a spare in the shed somewhere

andrewlyness
    Free Member
    rockhopper70

thanks for the heads up with qwerty..I have just ordered one..

kilo…thanks for the offer. If your shed is like mine then finding one of those might be a needle in a haystack job so I’ll let you keep hold of it.

STW comes up trumps!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I cant find this spare part..what do you call these things?’ is closed to new replies.