Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I can't describe it to get a Google hit. Battery adapter thing????
  • rockhopper70

What I am after is a female plug socket, the type that would match a male mains adaptor that can be plugged into battery or mains appliances. One that has a the two wires already attached as tail leads.
    The one with the +ve and -ve on the same plug, concentric and then into a socket with a pin in the middle.
    About 4mm diameter but lots of standard sizes available.
    It’s for a hot wheel conversion to save shelling out pounds on D batteries.

I cannot think what they might be called or even get anywhere near on google.

maccruiskeen

Try searching for ‘DC Power Connector’ plugs and sockets – searching maplin maybe to find something to suit

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

If it’s a standard mod, maybe google for a guide as they may mention the part?

rockhopper70

It might be standard, but we are thinking of overvolting the hot wheels booster to get extra oomphage.

rockhopper70

DC Power connector…bingo. thanks Mac.

spooky_b329

Top 4 items:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/c/cables-and-connectors/connectors/dc-power-connectors

It seems the socket on the equipment to be powered is actually considered Male. If you are searching for female you will find the plug.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coaxial_power_connector#Male_.28receptacle.29

Cougar

we are thinking of overvolting the hot wheels booster to get extra oomphage.

As a wise man once said, the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long. Try not to kill it in the process.

nickdavies

Yeah just a straightforward dc power connector. You’ll pick up 2.1mm male/female with screw holes for trailing leads pretty easily if you look under cctv equipment.

Cougar

Didn’t every home have at least one of these in it back in the 80s?

Universal DC power supply, for Google purposes. Don’t forget to get the polarity right.

rockhopper70

Looking at the images against female, it looks like a female I need, the part that would be in the device?

rockhopper70

Cougar, mine has a selection of ends rather than the throwin star arrangement. So I need the other bit, it goes into, with two wires coming off.

EDIT…going to 5volts over the stock 3v supply, so not a massive upgrade and I’ll add cooling, maybe.

spooky_b329

3 to 5v…whistles! May only be 2v increase, but its also something like a 60% increase.

Cougar

Buy a fire extinguisher.

So I need the other bit,

Male rather than female, then.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I can't describe it to get a Google hit. Battery adapter thing????’ is closed to new replies.