• This topic has 22 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • I can't be the only person that… (Mundane content)
  • thenorthwind

…snaps credit/debit cards all the time. They go in my wallet, in the little offset slots, wallet goes in my back pocket, I sit on it, repeatedly, and maybe 6 months later they snap from bending round each other. Not entirely surprising, but it’s not all of them so why aren’t they all made from the material that can stand that?

the-muffin-man

Nope – never done that.

Can’t even snap them when they’ve expired and you need them to snap!

nickc

yep, I do that all the time, I don’t think I’ve ever had a card that’s lasted until it’s end date, always having to get a replacement.

Stoner
    Free Member

you need more padding in your wallet. a nice fat wad of cash does it for me 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

Really? I thought you country bumpkins just swapped piglets/eggs/tractor wheels/scythes/stove top fans/Land Rover bumpers etc. rather than use cash.

molgrips
    Free Member

Can’t imagine putting a wallet in my back pocket…

allan23
    Free Member

Don’t put my wallet in back pocket so nope.

I use one of the small tri-fold ones so it just sits nicely in a side pocket. Never have enough cash to bulk it out either.

Stoner
    Free Member

you ever been to town on market day? farmers wallets the size of bread baps that could choke a donkey.

trail_rat
    Free Member

its a rare occasion i sit on my wallet.

you know its not good for you right?

Stoner
    Free Member

I always put my wallet in my back pocket, but found it was making me sit wonky when driving which had a knock on effect to my back/muscle balance., so now always take it out before driving. And then usually forget to get it out of the console when I leave the car 😯

My cards usually last about 2-3 yrs, just before expiry date. I do like that Barclays let you upload photos to have turned into your cards for free though. The joint account is a family pic – reminds on what the money is spent 🙂 My personal account has a Bugatti bonnet and leather strap.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ah yes, I forgot about the millionaires farmers 🙂

orangespyderman

I have one of these. I like it a lot, and it’s good for popping in the pack when I go out riding, though more often than not I forget to pop it in the pack. That’s a seperate issue, though 😳

Oh and they claim it’s RFID resistant to stop RFID cards being scanned in your pocket.

nickc

Oh and they claim it’s RFID resistant to stop RFID cards being scanned in your pocket.

did you get a free tin foil hat with the wallet?

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

The physiotherapy/massage business would be in crisis if people stopped sitting on their wallets.

orangespyderman

No tin foil hats involved. And certainly not free ones 😕

It wasn’t actually something I cared about when I got it and the banks are liable for any transaction taken fraudulently, but it would be a PITA if someone did pinch even 19€ (limit here is 20€ for contactless) and it does strike me as pretty easy to do in a crowded place.

thenorthwind

I might have known I’d be doing it wrong. I do usually take it and the bundle of change in the other pocket out when I’m driving a long way as that gets uncomfortable.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I have one of these.

That would be a purse.

scaredypants

I keep mine in a slot in the (opens up like a book style) cover for my phone

nothing’s been wiped and all kept nice and flat

No room for a massive wad of notes though, stoner – I just keep one nice crisp fifty in case the hookers bring coke

GrahamS

I don’t use a wallet. Keep a couple of bank cards in the front pocket of my jeans. Never snapped any of them.

Mind you I often carry my phone in my back pocket and regularly sit on it without damage. The benefits of a well padded arse.

zerolight
    Free Member

Never done that. Also haven’t had a wallet in my back pocket for 20 years after discovering that was causing me back issues whilst driving. Sore back, try the wallet trick, was the common diagnosis.

My current wallet is Secrid Twin wallet – bit expensive, but really really great. I love it. Not back pocket friendly, but compact enough for the front, and the core is aluminium so you cards won’t bend.

pictonroad

My mates keep doing this, I’ve never snapped a card and I’m both old and have a tendency for shenanigans.

jimdubleyou

Depends on the wallet I think – I used to snap cards regularly when I had a wallet with off-set card holders.

I now have one of those (ridiculously expensive) Belroy ones which so has worked a treat in not snapping cards.

DrJ

Secrid one here too – single in my case. 5 cards plus some additional slots for stamps etc. DGAS about RFID but it’s a handy size.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘I can't be the only person that… (Mundane content)’ is closed to new replies.