Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I cannot believe this WARNING: Daily Mail Content
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

I cannot believe they printed this. Absolutely boils my piss

That would be their intention.

Daily Mail – 1
    Cheesy Feet – 0

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s the daily mail just avoid.

My boss used to read it and ask people to pick him up a copy from the shop downstairs. We all refused would rather be seen with a copy of MBUK

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Didn’t go seeking it, but was linked from a BBC page and I couldn’t believe the headline. I really should know better than to have clicked on it

Lifer
    Free Member

Flame bait to get their web hits up.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Absolutely boils my piss

It’s a fairly long article, did you manage to read it all ?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It’s a fairly long article, did you manage to read it all ?

Just about. I was pretty much a high pressure steampiss vessel by the end!

samuri
    Free Member

I didn’t. I started feeling tired and sick about halfway through it so just gave up.

What a sad little newspaper, or more to the point, what sad, little people take that bilge in.

Drac

The way I’m reading it is that they are saying people are cheering another gold being won and not thinking about the background of the person who won it. Not sure that’s true or not based on their test case of some tittle tattle on the tube ride home but I can see what they are getting at.

xiphon
    Free Member

Life – nail -> head.

I’m sure I read somewhere about DM having the highest traffic of any newspaper in the UK (by a huge margin too).

Shock articles = high traffic = more ads displayed = more revenue.

But…. the article has a point.

With all the marketing/PR behind non-disabled athletes, how could you forget Ennis or Pendleton?

Their faces and names were plastered everywhere – from tins of food in corner shops, to newspapers, to TV ads, etc etc.

Any publicity for the disabled athletes? Zero. Nada.

And you’re surprised Joe Public only knows Ellie Simmonds as ‘that British dwarf athlete’…

Jamie
    Free Member

I can see what they are getting at.

LIBERALS!

HE’S DEFENDING THE MAIL!

FLY MY LITTLE PRETTIES AND ATTAAAAAAAAAAACK!

bruneep

Daily fail = Trolls of the newspaper world.

geetee1972
    Free Member

The article reads like a celebration of disabled athletes and a mourning of the country’s inability to get behind that rather than triumphalism of winning.

It reads as a positive appraisal of disabled athletes.

Perhaps you’re own prejudice towards the editorial style of the publication (which I can quite understand because it’s one I would normally share) has skewed your interpretation of the content?

This is positive for disabled sport not negative.

samuri
    Free Member

my impression was that the country was on the whole, right behind the whole thing. My impression is also that most people, while appreciating the differences the para-olympians have to deal with, still regard this as another sporting event already rather than some dodgy side show (which is what the author seems to be suggesting).

Although to be fair, I try not to hang around with daily mail readers so I might not have the full picture.

thegreatape
    Free Member

tomd
    Free Member

Yeah I didn’t think it was great piece of writing, but while I don’t totally agree with her, I think the view point expressed isn’t exactly extreme and will resonate with a number of people.

Wrt to the Daily Mail, I would feel less self conscious with a dead kitten on my desk at work than a copy of the DM.

jam-bo

Spending time in a mental hospital is by far more enjoyable than reading the mail.

D0NK

think someone should come up with a tea and kittens virus, the world would be a nicer place.

ittaika
    Free Member

i wish i had some flying-monkeys…

TooTall
    Free Member

The article reads like a celebration of disabled athletes and a mourning of the country’s inability to get behind that rather than triumphalism of winning.

It reads as a positive appraisal of disabled athletes.

OP in Daily Mail kneejerk fail?

jimster
    Free Member

Daily Mail ain’t it – last time I bought it was to line my pup’s crate when he couldn’t control his bladder – all it’s good for. 😀

julianwilson
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

Spending time in a mental hospital is by far more enjoyable than reading the mail.

+1

Black-and-white/all or nothing borderline mentalities? -Check.
    Tinfoil hat conspiracy theories? -Check.
    Kneejerk outrage at the drop of a hat? -Check.

But the mental health unit is still a far more interesting and warm experience than the Mail. 😀

sparkyrhino

Mother in law reads the mail everyday
    Enough said

Junkyard
    Free Member

what is that website that allows you to look at the DM without it counting as traffic as I am not giving them more hits to read it

Anyone??

Lifer
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    what is that website that allows you to look at the DM without it counting as traffic as I am not giving them more hits to read it

Anyone??

Only lasted a few months I think.

EDIT – still had it in my bookmarks but it’s gone

http://www.istyosty.com

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ta – shame that

D0NK

you could just not read it, better for your blood pressure.

smell_it
    Free Member

Black-and-white/all or nothing borderline mentalities? -Check.
    Tinfoil hat conspiracy theories? -Check.
    Kneejerk outrage at the drop of a hat? -Check.

Seems that all separates the daily mail and stw forum is a bit of chat about cycling.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘I cannot believe this WARNING: Daily Mail Content’ is closed to new replies.