Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • I can feel a divorce coming on. (new pups name content)
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

We can’t decide/agree on what the pups name will be. It’ll be a Red Fox Lab bitch that wer’e getting next week & the names in the running so far are…Molly/Lolly/Dolly. Nancy, Lizzie, Katie, Lupin, Maddie, Libby, Vera, ( I like Wilma but the wife’s not keen)
    Should we wait & see what name fits the dog?

Bregante

I can feel a divorce coming on. (new pups name content)….

So, once again. I still do not want a dog but the Mrs does…..

Remember when I said I didn’t want a dog but the Mrs did?……..

I think we all know what the outcome will be here 🙂

matt_outandabout

Just give in now. Mrs_e will win. You know she will.

myti
    Free Member

I like lupin the rest are goping

drslow
    Free Member

Just to ignore your shortlist

Copper
    Scarlet
    Foxy
    or Doggy McDogFace

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Any more? I’m open to suggestions!

jambalaya
    Free Member

As it’s a Red Fox Lab shouldn’t you name it after a famous redhead ?

My suggestions (not all serious 😉 )

Wilma (Flintstone) – calling the dog will be great fun 🙂
    Daphne (Scooby do)
    Scully (X-Files)
    Lucile (Ball)
    Geri (Halliwell)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/famous-redheads_us_563b4d77e4b0307f2cac2111

Failing that engage in a discussion with the wife and agree with her choice …

scotroutes

Onion gravy?

Remember, a pup isn’t just for Christmas. Even with a leg each there should still be enough left over for Boxing Day.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Winnie, Bess.

Dog names. Not people names.

myti
    Free Member

Scully! Yes…good to shout out in the park and original

johndoh
    Free Member

Cat?

myti
    Free Member

Cedar… Doesn’t really trip off the tongue though. Ps my lab is called Beech

ninfan
    Free Member

Red Fox

I’d call the dog ‘Five’

Every time you take the dog for a walk with the missus, you get to clip the dogs lead on and announce “red five, standing by” 😀

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eEeTWVru1qc[/video]

You, as a boy, will inevetably still find this amusing and never tire of doing this for the next ten to fifteen years, whereas you Mrs will, almost certainly, utterly despair, and in future years come to dread, you repeating the words “red five, standing by” – this of course being a fantastic moral win over the fact that she got what she wanted.

Similar japes may result from adopting the name ‘October’,

beefheart
    Free Member

Bitch?

llama

Border bitch we are picking up next weekend will be called pippin (yes, as in the book, being a middle aged hippy etc)

No help but I though I should share

I’m for Loxie (foxie loxie)

Zedsdead
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae3eUXMR3RM[/video]

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Oh, don’t you just love first world problems.

Jimmy Chew?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Give the dog a bond girls name.

“Where’s esselgruntfuttock?”

“He’s down the park exercising pussy galore”

epicyclo

muppetWrangler – Member
    Give the dog a bond girls name.

“Where’s esselgruntfuttock?”

“He’s down the park exercising pussy galore”

I like that, but may I suggest a slight modification from “pussy galore” to “his-pussy” 🙂

conkers
    Free Member

Don’t be flippant with the name if you call it something like diablo it will be a little devil etc.

Give it a name corresponding to the character you would like it to have.

I called my first Jack Russell Beth after Beddgelert and if your familiar with the story it’s a sad tale of a fearlessly protective dog that comes to an unjust end. Beth came to a very sad demise through my own negligence and stupidity, she was the best friend that I ever had and it breaks my heart still to think of her ten years on.

I now have a Jack called Daisy because when she came home she went into the garden and came back with a daisy in her mouth like Ermintrude from magic roundabout. Ermintrude is a bit of a mouthful so she became Daisy a good name for a ruminant but is quite lazy and very fond of her food but has great temprement with people and other dogs. Twendi is the swahili word for quickly and my cairn terrier of that name can quickly nip past undetected so much so I should of perhaps called her F117.

Anyway of the suggestions so far Red Five is awesome just be aware of the Jedi powers.

Also even though you’re not happy with whole dog thing she will be your dog and the rest of the family may be a wee bit jealous you have the best relationship with it 😉

Xylene
    Free Member

Lumen or Ruby

JoeG
    Free Member

Fenton, of course!

[video]https://youtu.be/3GRSbr0EYYU[/video]

porter_jamie

Dorothy or Mildred

sadexpunk

round here we seem to have a lot of dogs with human names, us included. we have colin the jack russell, mates have a steve and a doris.

go for doris.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Thinking along the lines of fox – i wondered if there were any languages in the world that had words for fox that would make nice names

http://www.indifferentlanguages.com/words/fox

. . . I wouldn’t go for the German variation and the rest of the planet didn’t seem to offer much either!

The girl Fox from Disney Fox and hound who was called Vixey

Other red related names . . . Rosa, Cherrie (but Blair springs to mind so maybe not!), Rosy.

Red heads – Tilda (swinton) and lots of red headed characters to choose from Jessica (rabbit 😉 ), lola (run lola run – may not be a good namesake!)

. . . Or Essie? So when you call it in the park other STW folk will know who’s dog it is 🙂

brocks
    Free Member

Deefor, dog!

docgeoffyjones

Gary

ferrals
    Free Member

Comedy names are best

‘thieving wh0r€’ would be good, especially when practising recall in a busy park.

Or a more subtle approach, either a really posh sounding name or a nice chav girls name – Chardonnay or Veronica would both be fun

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Some good ones on here! My 1st choice was Wilma. Quite like Loxie too, & Doris.

I think I will be calling it You Effin Little Shite, but the mrs won’t. 😆

z1ppy

Remember you need to screech the dogs name at the top of your voice, when it disappears down the park.. I’m actually thinking Wilma is a winner (in a Fred flinstone esk way). We actually couldn’t decide on ours (we hated each other’s suggetions), but as a rescue, he can pre-named, so he ended up stuck with that instead!

RustySpanner

Fletcher?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MyFace.

Then, when the dog is lagging behind on a walk in the park, you can yell “Come on….”

crossland
    Free Member

Ginny?

senorj

From the list , it has to be Vera.
    “Come on our Vera” , “Walkies V”.
    Bit more character than Lolly! 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you considered calling her Brexit?

Will make watching the TV news more interesting for her, and you get to shout “Oi Brexit, now” and “come on Brexit”in the park.

This will help stop other dog owners bothering you with their chit-chat.

stox
    Free Member

Indy … that’s what we called our fox red lab bitch.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awe! Too cute !!!

It looks like trouble, so I’d call it “smashie” or “bit’ie”

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘I can feel a divorce coming on. (new pups name content)’ is closed to new replies.