Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I built something…
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

OK, it’s not a studio or a shed or a new bike from raw materials; however I’m quite proud of my modest achievement and would like some STW approval (even if it’s insincere or patronising) 🙂

The hall cupboard had been taunting me with its living proof of the laws of entropy for a while now, so I took advantage of having a cold and did something about it. Very satisfying to create order out of chaos – I must do it more often.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartie_c/sets/72157633155135527/show/

bentandbroken

I would be proud of that 🙂

PS – I like the way the cat and the wine glass move round during the construction 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

Good work and glad to see you had the correct feline supervision for this job.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Chapeau!

samuri
    Free Member

I agree. That’s great and clearly a lot of preciosion has gone into it. Wine helps although, white?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

White.

I read somewhere on the internet (therefore true), that white wine is good for the lungs which was a consideration in my delicate state.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

but where does a bike go?

bearnecessities

That’s great; very precise. If I attempted something that it would look..different.

Stoner
    Free Member

How do you get the bubble to sit between the two lines? Looks like voodoo to me.

nice bit of work. Looks v satisfying job.

One can only guess as to the priapic, grinning stance taken by stuartie_c when showing the result of his homemaking skills to mrs_c 😀

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Good work, nice and neat, order out of chaos.

Did Mrs Stuartie_c think that you were a little odd taking a thousand pictures of a half built cupboard to show to a load of old blokes that you’ve never met?

camo16
    Free Member

Impressed.

The fact that you took the ‘before’ shots suggests you were pretty confident you’d get to the ‘after’

Looks like you really thought it out first.

* Doffs hat *

footflaps

Yep, that’s pretty decent – you’re going to store a lot of rubbish in there!

willard

Like it! I did something similar at my first house, but I’m not sure that mine looked as good (or as level).

sharkbait
    Free Member

Very nice job. How long is it going to stay that tidy?

If you’d like a tiny bit of constructive criticism…. it would have been cool to paint the inside of the cupboard before you built the shelving… and your workbench thingy is a bit gay.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

How do you get the bubble to sit between the two lines? Looks like voodoo to me.

Photoshop 😉

Did Mrs Stuartie_c think that you were a little odd taking a thousand pictures of a half built cupboard to show to a load of old blokes that you’ve never met?

She’s used to it…

If you’d like a tiny bit of constructive criticism…. it would have been cool to paint the inside of the cupboard before you built the shelving… and your workbench thingy is a bit gay.

I did consider painting it but painting is a job I detest with a passion. Fair point on the workbench though!

Yep, that’s pretty decent – you’re going to store a lot of rubbish in there!

Much of what is there just now IS rubbish (25 year old Uni notes, for instance) so it needs a further blitzing.

but where does a bike go?

Bikes, you say? On the bike tree, of course.

Cheers for comments. Up close, it’s not all that neat because I got a bit lazy with jig-saw for the cutouts

mrchrispy

/highfives stuartie for the bike tree!

stavromuller
    Free Member

If you were fit enough to build that, you were fit enough to work you skiving git. I take it the cat had a run in with the jig-saw hence no tail.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Not skiving – on holiday. Which is why having a hacking cough is doubly frustrating.

Here’s one of puss with tail on show:

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I built something…’ is closed to new replies.