Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I built a road bike
  • allankelly

I have a proper road bike =) (Well, a sort of clunky one)…
    Many thanks to Rich James for sending the Kaff frame pronto!

I expected to have to buy some bits as usual but this time I had everything in various bits boxes & I cannibalised other bikes slightly. I’m delighted. Has a “rat bike” look & it’s reasonably light. I’ll commute on it daily, so it’ll grow mudguards & a rack – as if by magic.

First ride tomorrow I hope. Which will be my first ride after the broken kneecap at Strathpuffer…

Cheers, al.

allankelly

BTW, (before someone points it out) the fact that I’ve built a budget bike where the seatpost+seat are worth more than the frame+wheels is not lost on me…

al.

GW
    Free Member

I like it! – rear mech cage looks too long tho

is this the one you were asking about powdercoating? where did you get it done in the end?

GW
    Free Member

oh, and I wouldn’t worry about your seat post and saddle costing more than your frame I stuck a £150 DH stem/bars on my 6yr old’s bike 😳

allankelly

Yeah, this is the one. You can’t see it in these pics but the paint’s very patchy. Anyway, I was in B&Q tonight and I got a can of matt black spray for £5r, so maybe the powder coat’ll wait til post-credit-crunch…

al.

rOcKeTdOg

nowt wrong with that

allankelly

Rear mech: really? It’s a front triple and a rear 10, so I think it’s correct.

al.

MrNutt
    Free Member

you went to B&Q, had they run out of rakes? that lawn is a disgrace man!

(tidy racer though!)

allankelly

The lawn is priority number none. What bulbs do you recommend? al.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I built a road bike’ is closed to new replies.