Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I broke my Specialized brain :-(
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Almost, whilst riding along a stick jammed in the wheel and snapped the carbon mount that the brain is fixed to 🙁

I cant find anywhere online to buy one.

Anyone know where you can buy Specialized frame spares online.

The miracle of zip ties.

clubber
    Free Member

You're in Bristol, aren't you?

I suspect it's not going to be an online purchase – more go to your local Spesh dealer – eg Park St.

redthunder
    Free Member

I'll get onto ZeroG.

I bet somebody sells them online somewhere…I cant be the only one who's trashed the mount.

njee20
    Free Member

Why the obsession with online? Phone your local store, as above the Concept Store on Park St, get them to order one, it'll take a day or 2, go in and get it. I worked in a Spesh dealer for 9 years and never ever saw anyone break one, so you're pretty well alone, no one's going to hold them in stock!

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Get down to your local dealer. They'll be able to get hold of them easier than you 😛

redthunder
    Free Member

I bet the poxy thing is going to cost a fortune 🙁

I'll ring ZeroG in a minute.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Maybe they'd sort it on warranty?

clubber
    Free Member

You might be right… let us know how much it costs…

wwaswas

looks fine as it is – just trim the ends off the zip ties.

redthunder
    Free Member

@wwaswas

I was thinking that as well. If the cost is silly I just make a mount myself.

Skyliner
    Free Member

I keep seeing an ebay business selling stumpjumper frames without shocks and rockers etc. I think they called totalfitness (do quick search for specialized and sort by distance). If you are in Bristol I think they're not too far. They may have some lying around as they seem to have all sort of stuff (guessing warranty returns)! Good luck.

redthunder
    Free Member

Quick update:

ZeroG Cycles Bristol and Specialized got the part quick and it was FOC bonus. I really thought I was going to have to make a part or spend a fortune.

Top service from ZeroG and Specialized.

🙂

http://www.zerogcyclecorp.com

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Goodo – I did think they might….

yunki
    Free Member

If the carbon fibre got broken by a stick.. I think I would have been fashioning a new mount out of wood for a bit of extra strength… 😉

spacemonkey

Call Spesh tech/customer service on 0208 3913517. They might be able to sort you something out under Crash Repair Warranty.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I broke my Specialized brain :-(’ is closed to new replies.