• This topic has 24 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by gonzy.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • I bought some faulty Five Tens
  • sharkattack

Last week I was in Morzine during the monsoons. I got sick of jest washing all my old kit and putting damp clothes on every day. Plus, I’d wanted some new Impact’s for ages so I didn’t mind buying some.

So I purchased a pair of these;

They’re a dream to ride in and my Nike hi-tops went straight in the bin. Because of the weather I only managed a couple of half days before I came home.

The other day I was cleaning them and noticed that the sole on one shoe is not fully attached. On the heel there’s a high spot that you can squeeze like a bubble. It’s not big and I might never have noticed it. But obviously, it’s not glued on properly and it’s more likely to fail or be ripped off in the future.

Now the Five Ten website is USA specific and from what I can find on Google, the UK distributor has been dumped. So I left a message on the US site and was told that I have to return them to the point of purchase. Which is fair enough, but it’s 1000 miles away in another country. I might not get back there for at least 12 months.

Their shoes are everywhere. I find it hard to believe that there isn’t someone based in the UK that could exchange them.

I know, I know, cool story. I’m just not sure what to do with them. If anyone else has had any experience with Five Ten UK, wherever they are that would be real swell.

BillOddie

Talk to the shop you bought them from or glue them.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Ring the shop you bought them from? They might sort postage for you to return?

legend
    Free Member

it would likely be nothing but a ball-ache for someone in the UK to swap them for you as they don’t have a route to get themselves reimbursed either. Them’s the breaks of buying abroad unfortunately.

An alternative would be to get them resoled in the UK

jimbobo
    Free Member

syringe with glue thruogh the bubble?

zero-cool
    Free Member

Just email 5:10 and see what they say

awh
    Free Member

If you don’t mind a parcel taking a week there are postage options to France that are about the same as sending a 1st class parcel in the UK. Try parcel2go.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

We’re still in the EU and you bought them within the EU. Why is it more hassle to post them to France than to somewhere in the UK? Might cost a quid (that’s about half a Euro) more.

It is interesting though that you’re struggling to find an importer/distributor when as you say they are so widely for sale.

kayak23

Mate bought exact same pair recently. Both soles have ripped through already. 👿

Onzadog
    Free Member

At least people are no longer complaining of the cardboard lasting board dissolving or them taking 3 months to dry out.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Just email 5:10 and see what they say

Good luck with that 😕

Ive been looking at new 5:10’s recently, my freeriders have been great but seen better days,

the new impacts were my 1st choice until recently, hearing so many bad reports of soles coming away after a few rides 🙁

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I did exactly this, contacted 5.10 (adidas) and they just sent me a new pair

26aintdead

Same as, soles lasted about four rides before coming away. Got them replaced by CRC took a couple of weeks and numerous photos. Try the email route with five ten and send some photos. They may just send you some new ones with photographic evidence, it’s obviously a common problem and they shouldn’t be surprised.

batman11
    Free Member

Yep,about 10 rides and the whole sole Delaminated away from base! Sadly not able to return either as I had them in the cuboard for about 4 months before I used them and couldnt find any reciept for them. Poor show from five ten on this model.

scc999

Polite enquiry on Five-tens FB page?

I’m sure they’ll sort you out.

Si

PrinceJohn

Buy some new ones from CRC, send those ones back end up with 2 nice pairs?!

oldtalent
    Free Member

Didnt quality drop on these a short while back when adidas took over? I recall hearing about soles falling off on recent ones.
    Shame, my 510 elements are years old & are holding up exceptionally well.

doubledunter
    Free Member

I just snapped up a new pair of freeriders today in Go-Outdoors for £62, my current pair have lasted 2.5years and still fine for riding in, I did want the new impacts but decided Im not taking the chance at the minute.

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

Ah balls. I’ve just bought a pair of these. First ride with them today, they were superb. The best flat shoes I’ve come across. Fantastic grip and they kept my feet dry in the slop. Hope they last more than a few rides.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Mine were shredded after 3 weeks of whistler life

ton

very comfy shoe very good riding shoe, but the soles shred in no time at all. wouldny buy them again.

strawdog
    Free Member

same experience here with a pair of the waterproof (elements?) ones I bought from snow and rock last year – the sole started peeling off within a few weeks. But was in similar position that it was too late to return them pretty obvious manufacturing issue there – not good enough for shoes that can cost up to £100 quid

I glued them on using a whole tube of UHU which is a good temp fix – but then the other side the sole split on a heavy compression when my foot folded on the floor again

anyone recommend any alternatives as I’ve given up on them

bigwill
    Free Member

had the same problem but after 9 months and the shoes were looking pretty haggered so didnt think warranty was an option. used loads of different glues, super glue, shoe glue and none of them lasted more than a few rides, with the exception of loctite super glue power flex, worked a treat and stayed stuck.

gonzy
    Free Member

if you’ve bought within the EU then it wont be an issue. contact the retailer you bought them from.
    i had a similar issue with a pair of Adidas Gore-Tex trail shoes. after 6 months use the tread had worn down so i contacted the retailer who sent me the returns document. i sent them and within a couple of days i had a full refund and my return cost was also refunded.
    Adidas own 5-Ten so the returns and warranties shouldnt be an issue really but your contract is with the retailer and not Adidas/5-Ten

gonzy
    Free Member

anyone recommend any alternatives as I’ve given up on them

yes Adidas Terrex Trail Cross SL of any of the other Terrex models

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘I bought some faulty Five Tens’ is closed to new replies.