Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I Bike MCR (Manchester)
  • hora
    Free Member

Any current members?? Looks exciting and the start of a good community

Teetosugars
    Free Member

*Pulls up chair*

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

O ello.
    *watches*

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Yep, looky here. Depending on where in Manchester you are, I can get a flyer with the full program to you, if you want – got a bag full of ’em.

Judging by what’s planned, the Rollapaluza on the 27th March will be spectactular; and if your hangover will allow, the mini-festival on the 28th is set to be good aswell, the 28th has bike-welding bike-jousting bike-polo and all the other ‘drink too much beer and mess about’ style events.

… and not all of us are the fixed-gear riding, sisters jeans wearing stereotypes.

Colin.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m planning on going to the platt fields ‘day’ thingy. and probably a few more events. not sure about going to delamere for the mtb day; may well be too many people there for it to be that much fun. we’ll see.

been to some of the events at all of the festivals held so far; the opening ‘party’ last year was annoying because i only went to see my mates’ band (hail brethren), but they got pushed back til about 2am or something stupid which is way too late for me these days!

hora
    Free Member

… and not all of us are the fixed-gear riding, sisters jeans wearing stereotypes.

I don’t mind a jot even if there are some. Its a look/stylised etc and not everyone can fit into their sisters jeans 😥 . I do own a fixie though (old style Fuji), I have owned it for two years now and although it does have Velocity hubs the rims are destickered black/silver Omega’s.

Yes please to a flyer, where can I pick one up??? Had a quick look at the website, wow. March/April looks good.

xherbivorex, everything looking up nowadays?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

hora, i’m getting by. still need to get out riding more, but also need to improve my fitness a hell of a lot.
    it’s a bit weird getting used to living alone, but steph still lives in chorlton and we’re still mates/riding partners so socially it’s not so bad. i just have to see how things pan out. it’s not necessarily over forever, besides it’s going to be far from easy starting again for a 40something teetotal vegan punk that never wants kids and acts like one himself!

hora
    Free Member

Friday 27th outside the Library then xherbivorex? We never know what life will throw at us. Lets make the rest of our days better than the days before.. (redwine)

xherbivorex
    Free Member

CM?
    i’m semi-tempted by it… i’d have to ride the stiffee though i think, unless i can get around to finally building my kona singlespeed ‘fun’ street/park bike…

hora
    Free Member

Come on. Do it. I’ll give you a Chinese rope-burn if you don’t. 😀

xherbivorex
    Free Member

hahaha!
    well i know a few people who already go to CM each month so maybe, yeah…
    definitely gonna go to platt fields on the saturday though; i wanna ride the BMX track on my bouncy norco!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I Bike MCR (Manchester)’ is closed to new replies.