Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I April-fool myself
  • FOG

Had an unexpected chance to get a ride in early this morning so got my gear out with curtains drawn to avoid disturbing SWMBO. After a 30 min drive to my starting point, I discovered I had put odd shoes in the bag. This wouldn’t have been so bad – who would actually notice – except one was a flattie shoe and the other was a road shoe! I wasn’t going to go home so rode in the clapped out Merrell approach shoes I had driven in. They worked ok but made my feet hurt, meaning a much shorter ride than intended.
    Moral – always put the light on even if it means enraging Madam

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

🙂 Any rides a good ride!

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Friend of mine went out with his wife, daughter and pal’s son…sorted out daughter’s brakes, more fettling with wife’s bike and pal’s son’s bike. Loaded bikes and drove off to the hills.

Reaches trails to realise he’s left his bike at home!

Bregante

Not bike related but an ex boss of mine got dressed in the dark in a similar fashion to avoid waking his wife. Having rushed to the train station to get to an important meeting in London he settled back into his seat, oblivious to the other passengers who were trying hard not to laugh.

As the train pulled into Euston he glanced down to see to his horror that he was wearing two completely different coloured shoes…

pondo

We went on holiday once for a fortnight and I forgot the SPD shoes. 🙁 Still, a fortnight in sandals at Mrs Pondo’s pace in glorious French summer was entirely survivable. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I April-fool myself’ is closed to new replies.