Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • I appear to be creating the ugliest Soul ever…
  • spooked
    Free Member

Oh dear. It all seemed so right in my head

I appear to be colour blind in my mind. Ah well. Looks like the grass needs cutting and the fence painting too.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Stop what you are doing.

Wash the tyres properly. Then carry on. It really isn’t all that bad.

🙂

annebr
    Free Member

Nice colour scheme, is it for your girlfriend?

andytherocketeer

no… there’s definitely uglier…

^^how to ruin what was a perfectly good frame (imho)

spooked
    Free Member

It’s for me. I have made it worse and added a red hope bottom bracket. It’s all gone so horribly wrong.

iolo
    Free Member

Loving the Orange one,
    OP, yours is vile. I’ll take it off you if its a small.

iainc

that yellow thing is horrible 🙁

BigDummy
    Free Member

Wowee that yellow is unpleasant. 😎

spooked
    Free Member

I am feeling a bit better now 😀

the-muffin-man

Never mind the Soul – get those slabs out of the lawn – it’s not the 1970s man!

😀

…and get the ruddy strimmer out too.

wilko1999
    Free Member

That isn’t too bad buddy, not great admittedly, but I’m crap with colours. I stopped trying to be clever with colour co-ordination in my motorbiking days of horrible anodised rearsets and matching fairing bolts etc.

Its all about black bits now, boring boring boring but safe, black bits.

mintimperial

Interesting spec on that orange/yellow effort. 40-odd toothed single ring and big burly NP wheels, saddle miles up in the air and no QR, what on earth does it get used for? Strava runs on the local towpath?

OP you should stick as many different coloured bits on that as possible, just go nuts. See if you can find one white wheel or different coloured tyres or something to really annoy the fashion police.

brooess
    Free Member

That Pro-flex sticker on your toolbox is on the skew

fasthaggis

Stop what you are doing.

Wash the tyres properly. Then carry on. It really isn’t all that bad.

What he said 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

Amazing how dried dirty tyres make a bike look bloody horrible 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

It’s for me. I have made it worse and added a red hope bottom bracket. It’s all gone so horribly wrong.

lets not forget the green headset, red headset spacers, gold seat qr, yellow cable outers, turquoise bar plugs and cream grips yellow dustcaps…at least your rear tyre valve is lined up with the tyre logo!! 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ditch the turquoise and it’ll be fine.

spooked
    Free Member

I’m putting a sdg cow print saddle on it too :-/

Rabbits have been on strike recently so the lawn has got a bit on the long side.

brakes
    Free Member

that yellow one needs a crash test dummy on it.
    love it.

grum
    Free Member

Blue and gold would have been ok – not the other stuff though.

eddie11
    Free Member

what was going on in your head?

the nearset i can see to a ‘scheme’ on that bike is rainbow anodising to match the world champs stripes on the forks? Which might be a goer on a white frame.

plus-one

Go for it … There’s already far too many colour matched/murdered out bikes out there …

Different= Cool 🙂 🙂

Northwind

Mine was from the era where every new Soul in the world was black with white forks so at least yours is different 😆

jekkyl

White grips when nothing else on the bike is white…. why?

black everything, black, black, black!

Northwind

It seems like the aesthetics of the grips are inspired by the fence.

dannyh
    Free Member

Build it, ride it, love it. It’ll be covered in scuffs, scratches and dings before you know it anyway.

Ziptie on some inner tube as chainstay protection and you can called it ‘utilitarian’. It makes no odds when you’re clattering down a hillside at 30mph anyway.

moniex
    Free Member

OP that’s amazing! Great example of how to make something look much LESS than the sum of its parts. I generally try to create the opposite.

My sister has a similar talent when it comes to interior design, a master at making a room full of quite nice things look rubbish.

Bless!

matther01
    Free Member

Have you tried to match the colours on the bike to the stripes on the forks…or get the forks stickers to match the bike?

It looks quality…as in street 😉

spooked
    Free Member

You should see it now. Oh my it is resplendent. What was I thinking.

spooked
    Free Member

I would think that a set of stickers on it might help but I’m not sure the guys at cotic would want me labelling it.

Cheezpleez

Silver seatpost, stem and bars, everything else black, would look great with that frame. You could also do silver hubs and rims. As it is, it’s just a bit of a mess but no worse than lots of other bikes out there.

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

There are no ugly soul’s imo. Those frames make anything on them look good.Rider included.

jameso

middle-aged blokes with geeky hobby tendancies and colour co-ordination eh : ) there’s a reason my bikes have a choice of black or silver for everything including the frames!

If in doubt, black. Trumps colourful every time, always will. I quite like the ‘slung together without a care’ style here though, trying too hard is never very cool.

takisawa2

Do you have any Bacofoil…

matt_outandabout

Pics of the finished product?

Northwind

I think you’ve created a masterpiece, it’s like when you sit down to make a perfectly boring painting of a woman and out pops this:

Downside is, everyone will insist you’re insane in your lifetime.

asbrooks

Nothing wrong with it.. Get it finished and ride it 8)

godzilla
    Free Member

What style are you going for op, Gumtree?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I can see Timmy Mallet on that bike

spooked
    Free Member

Just awaiting a shim for the front deralliuer and then it’s complete. I will post up once complete to amuse everyone 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘I appear to be creating the ugliest Soul ever…’ is closed to new replies.