Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • I am unhinged
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I have lost the tiny power supply for my small laptop, during or most likely after the move from Germany. I’m sure it was on the shelf in the spare room but I have looked everywhere it could be and almost everywhere it can’t be.

It’s now taking over my brain like some kind of white whale. I’m very grumpy, so grumpy in fact that I felt the need to post on here about it.

GRR 🙁

I’ll pay someone £50 to come and find it for me – contingent on results.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Order a new one. Probably for less than £50 and with instant gratification.

molgrips
    Free Member

No, they are £110 from Sony, and the cheaper options mean running the gauntlet of sh*te. I want the original one because it was barely bigger than a matchbox, which is important for a super portable.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I want doesn’t get

iDave
    Free Member

If it makes you feel better I’ve spent the last 2 hours (unsuccessfully) looking for the car’s MOT cert and log book

molgrips
    Free Member

GRR STOMP STOMP ARGH!

I strongly suspect my in-laws have taken it back to America accidentally, since they stayed in the spare room and it’s the sort of thing they’d do. Despite it having a UK plug on it and therefore clearly not being one of theirs.

iDave – I feel your pain but I’ve been looking for this for weeks. My brain’s playing tricks on me and making me think I’ve seen it in any place I think of.. and I’ve looked in some seriously bizarre places.

wooobob

My neice took my ipod cable back to the UK with her after visiting. I got cross. My wife thought I was over-reacting. £25 for a replacement!

Dobbo

Order a new one, then it will turn up of course, then cancel or return the new one.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, they are £110 from Sony

Jeeze, that’s taking the piss, is not it? £110, for a power adapter? Why, ffs???

Because they know you need it. That’s why. Bastards. That;’s why they all use their own proprietary cable connection. And change it every year/from model to model, too. Sony are particularly bad for this.

A mate lost his power adapter for his fancy video cam. The replacement was quoted at over three hundred quid or something mental. 😯

footflaps

Which one? – I currently have 4x 16V Sony Vaio PSUs (and one laptop), so you can have one of mine if you want.

Ben

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Are you not, technically, un-powered…… rather than unhinged?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh, and same mate with the video cam; had another bit of spensive kit, and the connector for the power lead got squashed by something heavy. He enquired about getting just the replacement connector or having it repaired (would be a simple matter of soldering a replacement cable onto the adapter circuit board, 5 minute job), but no, they would only sell him an entire replacement adapter unit. And that was loadsamoney too. Think he had someone solder a new connector from Maplins into the cam so he got round that, but it just goes to show how far companies will go to make even more money off you.

Nokia used to have a generic charger connector across their range. The connector was a standard type you could replace easily. The chargers were like a fiver each.

Hmm….

Puts you off buying spensive stuff with spensive replacment bits realy, dunnit?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No, they are £110 from Sony

Fek me! Macbook power supplies are only £50!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Nokia used to have a generic charger connector across their range. The connector was a standard type you could replace easily. The chargers were like a fiver each.

They still do. Cheep phones use a mini version of the old charger, the smartphones use a usb lead.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yes, yes you are. I didn’t bother reading all that writing in your original post as I feel the title encapsulated the sentiment perfectly.

How about a hug as a means to congratulate you on such astute self awareness?

Cougar

Have you left it inside a camera bag?

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

You have looked under the fridge yeah?

molgrips
    Free Member

Checked in camera bags… but I get the hint Cougar 🙂 had forgotten abot that a bit.

Elf, it’s the tiny teeny one which makes it special enough to charge that price for 🙁

Footflaps – P series:

You can see how small it is by looking at the standard two pin power connector on the end…

footflaps

Hmm ‘P series’ doesn’t mean much to me… It’s the Voltage that matters eg this one is 16.8v – “AC16V8”

This is the one I have 4 of:

Untitled by brf, on Flickr

molgrips
    Free Member

P series is their tiny laptop. There are various other series I think, C, S, and so on. The voltage is 10.5V anyway so won’t work, but cheers for offering 🙂

Cougar

I get the hint Cougar

Hint? Dunno what you mean.

(-:

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘I am unhinged’ is closed to new replies.