Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I am properly nervous for the first time in years
  • peterfile
    Free Member

Not felt like this in a long, long time.

My “dream job” popped up on the radar about 2 weeks ago. Last time a role like this came up (i.e. ticked all of the boxes I want) was about 4 years ago, and the timing just wasn’t right back then.

Had first interview last Friday, out of 7 similarly qualified candidates invited to interview, I’m the only one being asked back for 2nd interview. Result.

Problem is, another candidate has popped up at the last minute, on recommendation from someone already in house. Apparently we are pretty evenly matched.

CEO is flying in from Frankfurt on either Friday or Monday to take part in the final interview. I want this so badly, which is causing me to think about nothing else, which isn’t like me at all, I’m concerned that it’s going to affect my perfomance in the final interview.

It’s going to be a long week 🙁

I don’t want to take a negative view, part of me is saying that the role is mine for the taking, but has anyone got any tips for trying to detach myself from this? The usual tricks aren’t working, I don’t want to go into the interview with a sketchy mindset and I know I’m going to take this hard if I don’t get it.

Arrrgghhh. I need it to be next week already 😯

jota180
    Free Member

Watch and learn

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k7wlSHXdv8[/video]

davidjones15
    Free Member

As long as you know that you have the confidence, don’t worry about the nerves. It’s sign that you’re a human being and as long as it’s all under control use it as a positive. Without nerves you’d just come across as arrogant, the interviewers know this too. 😉
    Good luck and chill.

16stonepig
    Free Member

A wee dab o’ speed should help.

willard

To avoid getting nervous, just imagine the other person naked. That should put you at ease.

mogrim

Try and turn your worry into something positive – maybe setup a study guide or something of stuff that you’re not sure about, then set aside time to do it? By actually programming some kind of action it might help you forget about it the rest of the time?

BigJohn

If that’s how you really feel – let them know. That kind of enthusiasm/commitment/devotion is just what employers like.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I am flying out to Frankfurt on Thursday, do you want me to have a word with this CEO bloke ?

peterfile
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Just needed to vent!

I have to be careful about telling them just how much I want this job, otherwise the buggers will lowball me an offer if they do want me

I’m pretty swamped at work at the moment, so trying to focus on that, but my mind just keeps wandering. Getting naff all done.

Sod it, it’s only a few more days and then my head will be clear one way or another. MTFU as they say 😉

I am flying out to Frankfurt on Thursday, do you want me to have a word with this CEO bloke ?

Start talking really loudly on your mobile at the airport about me and how I just closed the most complex deal you’ve ever been involved in and came in way under budget. then just hope he’s passing as my name gets mentioned! Great plan!

binners

Your pleasure in other peoples leisure?

On a serious note: have the other candidate killed! I have would

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I am properly nervous for the first time in years’ is closed to new replies.