Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I am now the proud owner of a DMR Trailstar LT Frame!!! Now recommend me a fork.
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Took delivery of the above frame yesterday and must admit it's a beauty! Now begins the long search for appropriate bits.

First off, a fork. Can anyone recommend a suitable one? I believe that they are specced for 130mm / 140mm but I'm sure I saw one in Dirt with Marz 66s on it!

Likewise if anyone has anything suitable for sale, please let me know.

Cheers!

mrclean
    Free Member

PIKE uturn – they are made for each other!

or my Marzocchi Shivver sc 120mm would be lush! £80 posted..

Coyote
    Free Member

What's the axle to crown length? What's the condition? Can I get some pics?

mrclean
    Free Member

steerer 185mm
    scuffs on uppers and lowers, particularly where the stanction guards once were – similar to cable rub grooves but these are macined alloy not magnesium so isnt a problem.minor stanction nicks hence price..

seals and controls are all good and hold oil fine no leaky seals ect
    sound tasty set of forks! and obviously lovely looking!

[IMG]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/jaedoggers/DSCF0156.jpg[/IMG]

sorry theyre the wrong way round! they do the forks no justice but you get the idea!

cheers Vic

_tom_
    Free Member

I use a Rock Shox Pike 454 u-turn. Works great! Fully wound out at 140mm for downhills and jumps, wound in to 110mm for most other things.

Looks cool as well 🙂

freeridenick
    Free Member

one word – pikes.

mrclean
    Free Member

id have to agree.

shinsplints

Got TALAS on mine. They spend their life at 130m and don't get wound down and I do lots of climbing. I have mine built up as a tough XC bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I am now the proud owner of a DMR Trailstar LT Frame!!! Now recommend me a fork.’ is closed to new replies.