Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • I am now a Dad
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

It's the best feeling in the world!!!! My wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy yesterday and I am proper buzzing. Bring on the short of sleep nights and empty pockets lol

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Congratulations! Great news!
    Name?

Marmoset
    Free Member

Congrats – look at your bike as some sort of refuge from now on – the only place where you can truly be at peace 😀

It's good fun though, difficult to come to terms with at first but I can't imagine not having our lad now…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I think you should call him Kid Dynamite – it would ensure female interest and no beatings at school.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Ooops we called him Ethan. I wanted to call him Vladimir Maximus but the Mrs wasn't overly keen for some reason 😆

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Shame about that, but congratulations anyway – good luck

snowslave

"kid dynamite" – extreme lol!

Pigface
    Free Member

Great news congratulations.

tinker-belle
    Free Member

Congrats, fantastic news

dustytrails

Congrats on the new born – got him a bike yet!! Vladimir Maximus – got a great ring to it that one – Perhaps Ethan V… M…?? Enjoy

terrahawk
    Free Member

I always found that kids called "Vinny" commanded respect among their peers.

Marmite
    Free Member

Yay, congrats, it's great.

Sleepless nights maybe, you wouldn't trade though!

My daughters 2nd brirthday Sunday!

Drac

Congratulations your life is about to change and every day will be special.

twohats
    Free Member

You might be buzzing now, but you best brace yourself for the upcoming reality crash!

Congratulations BTW.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Way to piss on his chips twohats…

therealhoops
    Free Member

no I'm with twohats on that one. It's been 2 years since I did any regular riding. I see my old riding buddies a couple times a year now 🙁 except when they come along to my crack-o-dawn/last thing at night rides.
    Interupted sleep is a bitch!

Congrats all the same and this thread is nothing without pics 🙂

willard

Lucky man! Congratulations to your and your wife. I hope you like no sleep…

jimmy

every day will be special.

nice comment. i'll remember that next time I have the 'babies conversation'.

sv

except when they come along to my crack-o-dawn/last thing at night rides

yep thats about the same for me! (one 3 yr old and a 9month old)

Bedds
    Free Member

Congratulations to you both :o)

I'll be joining you in the new dads club in 10 weeks 😯

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Fool! Don't you know about contraception?
    What twohats said.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Are some of you really that selfish? Yes, having kids means making sacrifices, and can be completely life changing, but the rewards (to me at least)make it all worth while. I dont get much of a chance to go riding with my mates on a regular basis, but then again, that's been my choice – my wife often suggests I go out with them, but to be honest, I'm just as happy (most of the time) to hitch the trailer to the back of my old hardtail and go out as a family. It's different, and is anything but 'rad', but I enjoy it all the same. MTFU and stop being so cynical.

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Many Congratulations,

Best Years of your life coming up – BUT make the most of it – my oldest went from 1 to 16 in the blink of a eye.

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Oh and my waistline from 32 to huh-hum 36 (breathing in) in the same period…

sofatester
    Free Member

Are some of you really that selfish? Yes, having kids means making sacrifices, and can be completely life changing, but the rewards (to me at least)make it all worth while.

I'm not going to comment on the irony of that statement 😉

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

My point is this – monkeychild started a post saying how chuffed he was to be a dad, and among the congratulations were a number of posts stating his life was now gonna go downhill, etc. I thought this was selfish, and pretty sh***y under the circumstances. I'm not saying that being a parent is better than not, just that the guy is really happy at present, so why the need to bring him down? Oh, and sofatester, do you want to explain the 'irony' of my post – not sure I understand your point.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I've got 3 (5,4 and nearly 2) still get out twice in the week and most Saturday mornings. Just got to manage your time and build those brownie pionts. I spend all week being Mr Dad and doing as much as possible (no real hardship for me as I love being a dad) to take the load off my wife who also has a full time job and then on a Saturday she is happy for me to get out for a few hours with my mates. Its all give and take, and if you give more than you take (which you have to once your a dad) you'd be supprised what you can do.

You have to give it all up for the first few months, but slowly you can get back to it if you really want it.

Congrats Monkeychild, enjoy every moment, even those long nights. I found if you just accept your going to be up, you can enjoy it as extra time with your new son. Its **** ace being a dad.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Congratulations! Things will change for the better. My daughter is 13 weeks old tomorrow! It seems like a lifetime already…
    The rest of my life has had to change but we sneakily managed to move to a house 10 miles from work (before she was born) with lots of great offroad inbetween. I probably ride more than ever (like twice a day 5 days a week!)
    I've always been prone to a bit of a 'what's the point?' and general despondancy but now I realise why I was put on earth and have never felt happier. How cheesy is that?!

sv

Can I add 'congrats' and also the early morning/late evening runs are brilliant. I get to see some fantastic early morning views and there are no other walkers/cyclists around.

Its fantastic being a 'Dad', my three yr old was jumping of a fairly large step on his like-a-bike at the weekend! Bigger drops than his Dad does. In summary yes things will change but for me it was for the better.

mcboo
    Free Member

Kids are great, I have 3, congrats. I ride my bikes all the time, including all Sunday morning, every week. All the "your life is over" stuff above is utter cr4p, ignore.

Some friends of ours just had their first, a boy…..called him Merlin.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Congrats… I have a 6 month old daughter and an almost 5 year old son (about to start school) seems all a tad serious with school starting soon, but very exciting! Since the arrival of my daughter 6 months ago my riding has dropped well off, back to no sleep, no cash and my stomach has increased a good 4" … life is great 🙂

Bunnyhop

Congratulations.
    Any Photos?

sofatester
    Free Member

Any Photos?

😯

miketually
    Free Member

Congratulations! My eldest will be 6 tomorrow and it's flown by, so enjoy it. My two are a constant source of amazement, wonder, frustration and exasperation, and it's great 🙂

Ignore the "your life is over", "you'll get fat and unfit" and "you'll never ride again" comments – I ride more now than I ever did before I had kids.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Our oldest is now six and he comes trailbuilding at Glentress and has just done some proper rocky stuff in the Lakes. I was so chuffed to see him riding over proper tennis ball sized rocks. Didnt matter that I was walking with our youngest on my back.

mashiehood
    Free Member

monkeychild – congrats
    stevenmenmuir – thats must an amazing sight to see your little boy riding!

im gonna make one – soon!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Thanks all 🙂 I know my life will change and it will be for the better imho. As I get to care, teach and guide this little monkey on his new path. I will still be riding as I cycle to work anyway 😆 The little blokes cool as fap and doesn't do much of that there crying (at teh 'mo 😆 ) But it's something me and Mrs Monkey wanted, as it was the right time in our lives.
    God I can't stop grinning lol

Here he is 🙂

His hat and clothes are a smidge to big for him bless.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Congratulations – I am also a new dad – twin girls 8 weeks old . It is wonderful if somewhat tiring at times. And for the first time in two months I am hoping to go riding next week. Completely agree with comments about wanting to ne with the family though- that is exactly how I feel 🙂 hope you enjoy it as much as I am doing!

djglover
    Free Member

Congrats, 8 month twins here and have been managing 2 mid week mtb rides + the commute, but no weekends recently. You have to be creative with your time management. If I'm working from our Cardiff office, then I ride in South Wales on an Evening – Afan or Cwmcarn. If I'm working in West London, then its Swinley unless I've commuted by bike. Either way there is potential for 6 road rides and 2 mtb rides a week and weekends are free for the family.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Cool – good news!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘I am now a Dad’ is closed to new replies.